What makes for a long, happy marriage/relationship?

There is more to sex than an erect penis. How do you maintain your sexuality both for yourself and for your partner? What techniques do you use to give both of you a great, satisfying sex life? How do you explore your own body and sexuality now that the rules have changed?
Seeking

What makes for a long, happy marriage/relationship?

Postby Seeking » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:28 am

Few men are more introspective than those found on this board and we have many members here who are at various stages through married life and long term relationships. I'd like to ask - given the immense honesty of those who post here - what makes a long and happy marriage for you?

Being FrankTalk, I don't need to iterate that anything goes here - answers as common as "communication" or as leftfield as "she needs to be a freak in the sack to make it last" are all welcome. Also, this might sound a bit weird as obviously all responses are anecdotal, but answers based on your actual experience of your relationship, as opposed to what you feel the 'consensus' generally is across society, would be perfect...basically the opposite of anything you'd find on the "Men's Health - Top 10 Ways to Have a Happy Relationship" ;)

After getting implanted this year I'm looking to meet someone before settling down and really want my negative experiences of the past 5 years, coupled with the immense knowledge gained from this board, to give me a head start in laying good foundations for my future relationship(s).

As always, this is much appreciated guys.

dg_moore

Re: What makes for a long, happy marriage/relationship?

Postby dg_moore » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:52 am

As a friend of mine has said, 80% of a happy marriage is just putting up with one another. Without getting too mystical about it, loving one another, being trustworthy, and having each other's back are vital. Sex can be part of it, but is not a necessary ingredient - our sex life ended many years ago, and our bond is none the weaker for its loss.
Dave, 75, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Return to “Sexuality 2.0”