Took my sexuality for granted

There is more to sex than an erect penis. How do you maintain your sexuality both for yourself and for your partner? What techniques do you use to give both of you a great, satisfying sex life? How do you explore your own body and sexuality now that the rules have changed?
barfinkl1

Took my sexuality for granted

Postby barfinkl1 » Mon May 16, 2011 9:58 am

When I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in February 2008, I made the decision to have it removed (in April 2008)...no other options interested me. I knew what the resulting affects would be (I thought) but was willing to accept them as a trade for the cancer being gone. Since then, I now realize that for most of my life, I took my sexuality for granted. In recent years, I had some ED problems but nothing I couldn't live with. My ED was come and go but not the end of the world, mostly a result of my type II diabetes. Our sex life was also come and go...my wife's anti-depressant meds pretty much turned her off to sex, but we still had it occasionally. This is a story many of you live. Well, it wasn't long after the surgery that I realized what I'd lost. Now, injections are needed, pills don't work. And after much exploration, I've discovered the world of sex toys and anal stimulation...where the heck was all that when I still had a prostate? I limited myself to the joys at hand and was totally unaware of a whole different experience out there. So now that I have no prostate, I can't get the same pleasures in the way I knew. Masturbation is much more challenging...you can still orgasm with a limp dick, but there's no ejaculation, of course. And it takes longer. However, my orgasms are more intense today than before the surgery. Quite amazing to me. I've now met Aneros...the prostate stimulator. I'm told it will work to give you an anal orgasm, even without a prostate. Something else I didn't know anything about...anal orgasms. So I'm working at getting the super orgasm that's touted with the Aneros. Not there yet, but my junk has been desensitized with the loss of the prostate, so it'll take some time, I guess. I'll keep working at it until it happens. Good luck to everyone.

Regards,
Steve
Age 63 married 41 years...2 kids and 2 grandkids. Had robotic RP in Apr 2008. Negative PSA since then. Suffered ED initially from Type II diabetes and then the RP. Had AMS700 LGX implant on 7 Nov 11.

maxkohn

Re: Took my sexuality for granted

Postby maxkohn » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:05 pm

barfinkl1 wrote:When I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in February 2008, I made the decision to have it removed (in April 2008)...no other options interested me. I knew what the resulting affects would be (I thought) but was willing to accept them as a trade for the cancer being gone. Since then, I now realize that for most of my life, I took my sexuality for granted. In recent years, I had some ED problems but nothing I couldn't live with. My ED was come and go but not the end of the world, mostly a result of my type II diabetes. Our sex life was also come and go...my wife's anti-depressant meds pretty much turned her off to sex, but we still had it occasionally. This is a story many of you live. Well, it wasn't long after the surgery that I realized what I'd lost. Now, injections are needed, pills don't work. And after much exploration, I've discovered the world of sex toys and anal stimulation...where the heck was all that when I still had a prostate? I limited myself to the joys at hand and was totally unaware of a whole different experience out there. So now that I have no prostate, I can't get the same pleasures in the way I knew. Masturbation is much more challenging...you can still orgasm with a limp dick, but there's no ejaculation, of course. And it takes longer. However, my orgasms are more intense today than before the surgery. Quite amazing to me. I've now met Aneros...the prostate stimulator. I'm told it will work to give you an anal orgasm, even without a prostate. Something else I didn't know anything about...anal orgasms. So I'm working at getting the super orgasm that's touted with the Aneros. Not there yet, but my junk has been desensitized with the loss of the prostate, so it'll take some time, I guess. I'll keep working at it until it happens. Good luck to everyone.

Steve, I understand and empathize. I'm 53 and had my prostate removed in 2011. I'm trying injections but so far, no erections. My partner/girlfriend no longer is interested in sex due to menopause. I masturbate a few times a week at the most. My orgasms, like yours, are stronger but like you, no ejaculations. I'm not so adventurous to get an anal stimulator. There have been sex toys in existence for decades but there was no need for them before surgery, so we didn't look for them. Sometimes I wonder if I made the right decision having the surgery but after talking to my uncle who is 74 and has advanced prostate cancer, I'm pretty sure i made the right call. By the way, orgasms take much longer for me too. I wish you well.
Max Kohn

Originally from Chicago, IL moved in 2019 to West Des Moines, Iowa, prostate removed in 2011, nerves spared. Lots of complications and no erections since. n a relationship with a 59-year-old woman in menopause.

Return to “Sexuality 2.0”