Anal stimulation post prostatectomy

There is more to sex than an erect penis. How do you maintain your sexuality both for yourself and for your partner? What techniques do you use to give both of you a great, satisfying sex life? How do you explore your own body and sexuality now that the rules have changed?
notsostiff

Re: Anal stimulation post prostatectomy

Postby notsostiff » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:14 pm

regain-is-the-aim wrote:notso:

Yes it does!! I have a Progasm and no prostate. This toy does work and works very well for me. I think for those of us sans prostate the larger size, to fill the void, and the second post make a difference.

It takes time and this device has a mind of it own and works its magic it its own time not mine- but the ride is amazing.

If I can answer any ?'s contact me. But- this, in my opinion is an alone toy- quiet and you and it.

Dick

Does it give you an erection or is it all about the big O?
Had a robotic prostatectomy on 16 Dec 2010, with partial bi-lateral nerve sparing.

regain-is-the-aim

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:54 pm

Notso:

Interesting question.

For me there is no involvement with my penis during an Aneros session. But, I have noticed better penile response over time with sexual activities. There is no published science here- but, I now believe the Aneros activities have a carry-over effect. Those of us trying to recover penile function from PCa surgery are faced with the necessity of waking, reconnecting and perhaps some regenerating of nerve, pathways and response.

All I know is I am am doing better and the Aneros is fun and fulfilling. That's enough for me at this point. Fun and progress can be a good thing!

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

notsostiff

Postby notsostiff » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:43 pm

I have tried using my wife's g-spot stimulator and whilst it feels quite good it hasn't had any effect on my erection nor have I been able to orgasm. I have only tried it a coupleof times though as I have to try it when she is out.
Had a robotic prostatectomy on 16 Dec 2010, with partial bi-lateral nerve sparing.

Thomas
Site Admin

Postby Thomas » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:49 am

I posted this back in November 2009; thought I'd repost for this conversation as well:

I have had good results from anal stimulation, but I cannot confirm or deny if this has helped me in the erection department. Prior to my RP I did engage in prostate stimulation and it was very enjoyable (recommend every guy do this!). Post surgery I went for several months before I even thought about anal stimulation, and then I tried it. Sure, it wasn't like having a prostate, but it still felt really good, enhanced my orgasm, and massaged my nerves (the same nerves I want to heal for ED). I spoke to my doctor asking him directly if this activity would enhance my nerve recovery, inhibit my nerve recovery, or not matter at all. He stated that there have been no studies about the impact of this activity on the nerves and the only answer he could give me was that, "if it feels good, then do it!". So I do.

Now in my opinion, I think massaging any part of the body that's trying to heal is beneficial, and I like to think this activity is helping me.

Regarding the use of anal stimulation and vibrators, the toys come in many types and you should find what works best for you. Some of the tricks I learned over the years that worked for me:

1) Firm jelly material with no sharp edges (stay away from the hard plastic or glass; they scare me)
2) I don't use the wedge shaped toys as they keep popping out (that part of the body is designed to push stuff out)
3) Look for ones with nubs as this enhances your ability to hold it in without much effort
4) A nice handle at the end is useful. Keeps it accessible and allows my wife to move it around and enhance my big O

As for the vibrators, you can buy toys that vibrate, but some of my best results are to insert the anal toy, and then use a very strong vibrator against the handle... kind of shakes everything up and gets the blood flowing.

In closing, I can confirm two thinks about anal stimulation post RP, it feels good and it certainly hasn't hurt anything!!! With everything Prostate Cancer and, or ED has done to us, anything we can do to bring more excitment and feeling into the orgasm is worth it.

- Tom
Robotic RP Sept 2008
Cancer free
ED, but still hopeful (meds work well)

cotham876

Postby cotham876 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:34 am

Really pleased to read these post prostatectomy comments - just ordered an aneros. Will keep you posted.
Keyhole RP May 11 2009 Type 2 Diabetes.

regain-is-the-aim

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:10 am

Cotham:

Good luck. This does take time and requires, for me, quiet and peace for "letting go". If I can answer any ?'s please contact me. It was the 4th or 5th time before I got my first ride. You can fell them building and if you don't try to force when it's ready it goes off!!!!

Nice.

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

cotham876

Postby cotham876 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:02 am

It's arrived! It seemed really big to the untrained eye but I guess Aneros know what they are doing.

Well this was it, followed the instructions and it slid in with no problem at all. Didn't know there was so much space there!

At first I just felt like I needed a good crap but this feeling slowly subsided. Walked around,lay down (didn't dare sit) and slowly got used to the "invasion".

Incredible the way it moves inside when sphintre muscles are clamped together. No sensations that can be described as pleasant yet but then I did not expect any.

I never dreamed in a million years that I would stick something this size up my arse or anything else for that matter.

But we RPs have to get what we can where we can.

By the way is every day excessive to start with?

Will write again soon

John Paul (Cotham)

regain-is-the-aim

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:20 am

JP:

I would suggest that you not use your Aneros every day. My experience would indicate the nerves and all need to rest and recharge to go again. That is not to say that on occasion twice a day, hours apart, or even the following day is not a nice adventure. You are right as the sensations, even to begin with, are a magical addition to our new normal. There is life after PCa surgery/treatment and we should allow ourselves that opportunity.

Walking around is a marvelous experience. As you get better acquainted with you new friend, however, be prepared to be able to go "over" and enjoy the ride. It took me 4 or 5 times before I had my first ride; I could feel it coming and if I didn't try to "force", it the Aneros simply took over and the outcomes were a WOW! After I had a very few experiences I was alone and at the end of the day showered, inserted my Prograsm, put on some loose clothing, poured myself a favorite single malt went outside and walked our garden, which is quite private, behind our house enjoying the evening and the plants. After some time the sensations got better and more pronounced and I realized I needed to go inside at once. I moved inside and upstairs and to the bed and had an AMAZING ride that lasted a long time. Nice!!!!

Let it come to you in its time and you will enjoy.

Oh, what model did you get?

Thanks for sharing and go forth and enjoy.

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

cotham876

Postby cotham876 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:32 am

Thanks for your reply Dick. I bought the Progasm based on other RP's experiences.

I am still just amazed how comfortable it becomes after only minutes when I compare it to a Docs digital examination. The time involved plus the different mental approach undoubtedly helps.

Cost me the equivalent of $70 here in UK bet that's more expensive than USA. Why is it that everything is so much cheaper in the States - except medicine of course, free here?

Busy this morning helping local hospice but cannot wait for my 2nd. session this afternoon.

Probably a silly question but sitting down seems to be a no no?

Finally I would like to salute Frank Talk and all the chaps that hang out here. To us newbies you are all a godsend. Once again I salute you all.

John Paul Cotham

notsostiff

Postby notsostiff » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:18 am

Thanks for sharing your experience John. I have been interested in trying an Aneros (Progasm) for a while but haven't found a way yet to buy one without my wife knowing. In the meantime I been using her G-spot vibrator when she has been out and I can have some 'me' time. It generates some good sensations but I haven't really experienced a big-O yet. However, I think I did come close to it the last time I tried. I was stood up at the time and I could feel new and powerful sensations building and the vibrator shot out of its own accord which stopped the whole thing. Pity as I think I might have been on the verge of something really good.

I was hoping the vibrator would help re-awaken the nerves. The G-spot vibrator is good for the vibrations which feel really good in there. The only downside is that the fit isn't really ideal and that is where the Progasm is probably better. The vibrator is rather big (about 1 inch diameter) but I have got used it and it feels good to be full inside as it means the nerves are in contact with the vibrations.

Return to “Sexuality 2.0”