Aneros use if had radiation and seeding

There is more to sex than an erect penis. How do you maintain your sexuality both for yourself and for your partner? What techniques do you use to give both of you a great, satisfying sex life? How do you explore your own body and sexuality now that the rules have changed?
Woodicould

Aneros use if had radiation and seeding

Postby Woodicould » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:30 pm

I find I am not having an organism any more.I can go for up to 30 mins PIV but nothing but a pleasant sensation at the head of my penis. I thought about trying an aneros but wondered if it would damage anything since I have had radiation and 55 seeds implanted. I forgot to ask my uro about it and not scheduled for another appt until Oct and don't want to make an appt just to ask if it would be safe. Anyone else had radiation and seeding and used the aneros? What was your experience?
Prostate cancer age 65 with PSA 5.8. Biopsy Oct 2010. Gleason score of 7, 3+4 with perineural invasion. Stage II, T2cNXMX.
Jan-Feb 2011 radiation. Palladium-103 seed implant March 2011 (55 implants). Lupron treatment from Dec 2010 to Aug 2011 (8 months).

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Re: Aneros use if had radiation and seeding

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:29 am

Don't make an appointment, just call him! He almost certainly will not know what an Aneros is, so ask him if prostate stimulation will be OK. You can tell him you have a device for prostate massage that helps with orgasms. This is a really good question. I think it would depend on how long ago, etc.
Also, think about getting a strong vibrator...like the body wand or Hitachi magic wand....and a good masturbation sleeve like the Tenga.
Paul

Woodicould

Re: Aneros use if had radiation and seeding

Postby Woodicould » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:41 pm

Paul,
Thanks for catching my question and your response. However, I find it impossible to talk directly to my uro over the phone and I am rather embarrassed to ask through his nurse even though she has seen it all--even me when she took out my catheter after my prostate seeding. This does remind me that I would feel comfortable in calling up the PA for the doc who did the seeding. He has a direct line--or has told me I could call and ask for him--so I might try him even though it has been a year.
I am not sure how masturbation would help me get an orgasm if I can't PIV. I can't ejaculate any more except for some fluid that doesn't come from the prostate. I have masturbated before marriage and even before PCa a little bit, but can't imagine anything would happen now. And I am trying to focus more on my DW anyway.
Prostate cancer age 65 with PSA 5.8. Biopsy Oct 2010. Gleason score of 7, 3+4 with perineural invasion. Stage II, T2cNXMX.
Jan-Feb 2011 radiation. Palladium-103 seed implant March 2011 (55 implants). Lupron treatment from Dec 2010 to Aug 2011 (8 months).

Return to “Sexuality 2.0”