Single Men and Maintain Sexual Health

There is more to sex than an erect penis. How do you maintain your sexuality both for yourself and for your partner? What techniques do you use to give both of you a great, satisfying sex life? How do you explore your own body and sexuality now that the rules have changed?
Anonymous FT Member

Single Men and Maintain Sexual Health

Postby Anonymous FT Member » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:53 pm

Maybe it's always been this way, but this day and age it seems very difficult to find a nice partner to settle down with. As I've mentioned before my father has never talked over "guy stuff" with me so I sometimes wonder about things as a single never married man. I've heard things like "use it or lose it" and that there may be some possibility that masturbation can help prostate health. I don't know if this is true considering there seems to be a lot of men with prostate cancer.

How much importance do you put on these claims about prostate health, and why don't physicians talk about it?
How many of you guys are just remaining single and finding other ways to maintain your sexual health or satisfy yourself?
Do you guys thoroughly enjoy masturbating your penis with no need to worry about ED or associated concerns?
And lastly if men enjoy masturbating, why does it seem to be such a secretive act or something guys need to hide?

Martin6469

Re: Single Men and Maintain Sexual Health

Postby Martin6469 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:20 pm

I think the best sex columnist writing today is Dan Savage (www.savage.love). Your questions are the sort that he covers. He says that the Internet is the single person's friend - it's possible to meet many people you would never have run into before the computer revolution.

He and every sex columnist I've ever read say that everyone masturbates, men and women. I did before anorgasmia began, while single and dating, during "dry" spells, and in marriage. But masturbation has been condemned for centuries by religionists. Masters and Johnson indeed say, "Use it or lose it." I have read doctor columnists who say that it helps prostate health if you don't have a regular partner.

Your Aug. 23 concerns about sex surrogates are misplaced. They're professionals who work for psychologists. They're not prostitutes, like some uninformed have said. You might think of them as social workers. Chapter 22 of "Masters of Sex," by Thomas Maier, a history of Masters' and Johnson's work, has a history of the surrogate profession, which began in 1959. Chapter 34 has descriptions of typical sessions with one of their surrogates, who was interviewed by the author in her later life.

Maybe you can save the money to take this route.
Age 78 in 2023. On testosterone replacement due to hypothalamus malfunction. (Attention depressed guys: low testosterone is a cause.) Healthy health nut but ED due to getting old. Like to keep enough cardiovascular ability to thrust for 30 min.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Dec 25, 2022 4:24 am

Research reputable medical journals(not the typical dross you can find on the internet).
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Jagtstein

Postby Jagtstein » Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:32 am

praise of masturbation. Masturbation is a very useful and enjoyable habit. Helping to reduce sexual tension. It is also healthy if the semen is drained regularly. This keeps the prostate healthy. Masturbation can be done alone (solo masturbation) or with like-minded partners. Masturbators do not need to harm anyone in order to obtain their sexual satisfaction. This means that other people (children, women and men) are not endangered by masturbating. Personally, I am a proud solo masturbator who has been masturbating regularly for the past 68 years. I started masturbating when I was 9 years old, now I'm 78 years old. For many years I have been dealing with the phenomenon of masturbation. That means I have collected all the information available to me. The great advantage of masturbation is that you can also masturbate in old age or when you are ill, when an erection is no longer possible. Because especially in old age it is very beneficial if the prostate is emptied regularly. :D
Masturbation is better than sex. :)

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:25 pm

I'm 5 week implant postop. I start cycling soon and haven't used it for sex. I can only say that I'm looking forward to being able to masturbate again with something other than a softie!
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

Anonymous FT Member

Postby Anonymous FT Member » Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:43 pm

Jagtstein wrote:praise of masturbation. Masturbation is a very useful and enjoyable habit. Helping to reduce sexual tension. It is also healthy if the semen is drained regularly. This keeps the prostate healthy. Masturbation can be done alone (solo masturbation) or with like-minded partners. Masturbators do not need to harm anyone in order to obtain their sexual satisfaction. This means that other people (children, women and men) are not endangered by masturbating. Personally, I am a proud solo masturbator who has been masturbating regularly for the past 68 years. I started masturbating when I was 9 years old, now I'm 78 years old. For many years I have been dealing with the phenomenon of masturbation. That means I have collected all the information available to me. The great advantage of masturbation is that you can also masturbate in old age or when you are ill, when an erection is no longer possible. Because especially in old age it is very beneficial if the prostate is emptied regularly. :D

I agree that it is. Based on everything you know, how would you say your prostate health is?

Jagtstein

Postby Jagtstein » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:37 pm

One way or another, the prostate gets bigger with age because the hormones change, which has nothing to do with ejaculation. But it is known that with frequent ejaculation, the prostate is well flushed. Therefore, as you get older, you should masturbate with ejaculation as often as you can. Aside from the enlargement, my prostate is in very good condition. The PSA value is also very good. I have my prostate checked every year with an ultrasound. :D
Masturbation is better than sex. :)

Return to “Sexuality 2.0”