ED and low libido

There is more to sex than an erect penis. How do you maintain your sexuality both for yourself and for your partner? What techniques do you use to give both of you a great, satisfying sex life? How do you explore your own body and sexuality now that the rules have changed?
mars5963

ED and low libido

Postby mars5963 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:14 pm

Can ED cause low libido or is it the other way around. I'm 49 and my libido drop dramatically at 45 when ED started. I used to J.O. everyday and was horny all the time. But not sure what happened, I now can go days without even thinking of sex of any kind. Any one else feeling this?

regguy1967

Re: ED and low libido

Postby regguy1967 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:24 pm

Sounds like you need to find a uro in your area and have your testosterone levels checked. your story sounds a lot like mine when I got mt T levels checked it was almost zero good luck! with testosterone replacement sex drive back to normal I use injections for ed.
50 YRS old Have had ED since 2005 started TRT in 2006 have used androgel, fortesta gels, aveed injections, and testapel implants testapel works the best so far. oral meds never really worked for ED used trimix with mixed results.

mars5963

Postby mars5963 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:40 pm

I ask my Dr about my testosterone and he said I was too young at 49 to have low testosterone.

antelope

Postby antelope » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:20 pm

Sounds to me like you need a complete physical, including a complete blood chemistry profile. BCP should include blood sugar and testosterone, including "Free Testosterone". And based on what you've posted so far, it sounds to me like you need a new doctor. Just saying.

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

regguy1967

Postby regguy1967 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:00 pm

Mars,
I agree with Greg you need to get a second opinion because my T levels were non existant at 39!
50 YRS old Have had ED since 2005 started TRT in 2006 have used androgel, fortesta gels, aveed injections, and testapel implants testapel works the best so far. oral meds never really worked for ED used trimix with mixed results.

Peckerwood

Postby Peckerwood » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:02 am

It's amazing that a doctor could tell a man that 49 is too young to have low testosterone. If he is that ill informed about male sexual health, you should find a new doctor immediately. Even if this doctor were to check your blood for testosterone levels, he might not be knowledgeable enough nor willing to prescribe testosterone therapy.

Littlejohn

seeking info

Postby seeking info » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:24 am

Yes. These men will not lead you astray. I am 49 and I have low T. Once the Drs heard my symptoms they promptly sent me to an endocrinologist. He did a bunch of bloodwork and not only did they find very low T but an underactive thyroid. Now neither of these most likely will not cure my ED because it is a side effect of other health issues and medications I have to takebut I can already begin to feel the effects. Oh when you do start you replacement low T medication get ready for your nipples to hurt just like they did when you were in puberty. Good luck. Find you a Doctor who will listen and help you fing out your problem be it low T or something else

Scott
Medically retired. Due to very bad back issues..multiple surgeries. Implanted pain infusion system on long term opiodal meds; hypogonadism and hypothyroid as a side effect from intrathecal pain infusion system. Use low dose generic V

vladtepes

Postby vladtepes » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:53 pm

It is amazing how difficult is to find a doctor that will listen and will be competent also.
And he is not doing anything free of charge, we or our insurance are paying him to listen and give competent answers and solutions.

Vlad

Viripse

Postby Viripse » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:21 am

I second that, five will get you ten that your testosterone is way down,
I have said in another thread (Pumps), I have an injection IM in my backside about very two weeks of 1ml of a testosterone.
After the third week, I awake each day with a boner, I would have been proud of when 18, constantly horny. Acutely mentally and physically alert.... Absolutely fabulous considering I'm 81.
Go to a URO or physician dealing with sexual problems, have a testosterone test Nd go from there. At your age your just a youngster..... Go for it, you can't loose.

Anonymous2

Postby Anonymous2 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:26 am

Hi Viripse, One thing depends if in the USA just how many bucks you want to throught at your problem, me I'm out here in Greece and when first come on ED that is, the doctor out here sounds much like yours but I'm a bit older than you by 25 years, he did put me the big V, but give me problems and did not like to be a machine, so I did all my own thing never been to a uro nothing, and now back in the saddle again, under genral discussions look for this tital, HERBS VERSUS DRUGS, HERBS MY CHOICE, theres some things in there that will lift your testosterone and libido, so all I can ask is please give it a read and a 12 week trial, if alls well should put you back in the saddle again.
Good luck
Your Penis is Affected by Every Aspect of Your Physical, Mental and Emotional Life.

Return to “Sexuality 2.0”