masturbation as a way to restore penile health?

There is more to sex than an erect penis. How do you maintain your sexuality both for yourself and for your partner? What techniques do you use to give both of you a great, satisfying sex life? How do you explore your own body and sexuality now that the rules have changed?
alan46

masturbation as a way to restore penile health?

Postby alan46 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:03 pm

As an impotent man, I'm wondering if masturbating with a flaccid penis can over time help to restore potency. When I get off, I can feel my penis having spams as it pumps the cum out. There is no force behind it. It just dribbles out but the pulsating does expand my penis a little. It takes a while to cum but I was wondering if consistent masturbating or attempts at masturbating will help. Massaging my soft penis for twenty minutes without any responce isn't much fun but it could be helpful. I'm no doctor but I get very irritable and out of sorts when I haven't cum in a while so it must have some sort of positive physical and emotional results. At age 65 I still need sex or at least sexual release. Any thoughts?

antelope

Re: masturbation as a way to restore penile health?

Postby antelope » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:00 pm

Common sense says that penile stimulation is a good thing for the tissues involved. I think most docs would agree that ejaculation promotes prostate health. And it certainly feels good.

I wonder if you've tried various therapies to help you get hard. Pills? Pumps? Injections? Somewhere out there is a solution that's just right for you. I would encourage you to find it.

Best wishes for hard times!

Greg
Baton Rouge
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Absolutely - masturbation at least four times a week is an important part of penile physical therapy rehab. In my hospital work, we have our men edge for as long as they can. Most guys notice their penis will engorge at orgasm. So, try to get as close to orgasm as you can, then ease off...but the penis should engorge. No more quickies in the shower. Take at least 15 minutes...the longer the better. Do Kegels, look at the Viberect instruction, stretch your penis, pump and masturbate.
BTW - we are trying to put together a proposal for funding a study on physical therapy for the penis.

alan46

Postby alan46 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:33 pm

I don't masturbate anywhere near 4 times a week.

antelope

Postby antelope » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:16 pm

The more you do, the more you want. The more you do, the more you can. Sort of like sex and sit-ups.

G
BR
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

sidaga

Postby sidaga » Tue May 15, 2012 8:31 am

Masturbation leads to the permanent damage of the penis health, it not a physical damage but a more severe damage that is mental damage. When we masturbate our mind tend to store the time in which we ejaculate and it always ejaculate quickly while masturbating so when we are doing sex after masturbation for years , our brain could differentiate between the two and hence we suffer from premature ejaculation.

regain-is-the-aim

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Tue May 15, 2012 1:29 pm

Sorry Sid. I do not agree.

While all things, except perhaps dark chocolate, can be done to excess or in a "bad" manner the activity is normal and useful.

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

regal1945

Postby regal1945 » Tue May 15, 2012 10:32 pm

Sid is a pill pedaling spammer! :roll: :roll:

Anonymous2

Postby Anonymous2 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:35 pm

sidaga wrote:Masturbation leads to the permanent damage of the penis health, it not a physical damage but a more severe damage that is mental damage. When we masturbate our mind tend to store the time in which we ejaculate and it always ejaculate quickly while masturbating so when we are doing sex after masturbation for years , our brain could differentiate between the two and hence we suffer from premature ejaculation.

Hi Sid I think you will find its over masturbating that will course damage, but it can be rectifid, if men take a long break and keep away from there JTs, for the whole of the time your on a break, about 8 weeks should work, and then see if your getting strong erections back if not then go longer, but the thing is it works andf you will know when you get your morning erections back.
Good Luck
Your Penis is Affected by Every Aspect of Your Physical, Mental and Emotional Life.

losangeles

Postby losangeles » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:50 pm

As a retired navy man who spent 25 years serving on submarines i can not begin to imagine the emotional and physical stress that would be caused by the men not having masturbation for relief not to mention the sexual health of their penis. That says nothing for the wife/girlfriend waiting onshore for some good love making and all she gets is a 10 second firecracker. I am 59 years old and married to 37 years. Masturbation has been an essential part of my sexuality both private and shared with my wife since i was 14 years old. i praise the act of masturbation and i have certainly not suffered any damage to my penis or my psyche. Or better said, i have never had any complaints from my penis or my wife.

Return to “Sexuality 2.0”