What Would You Have Done Different?

There is more to sex than an erect penis. How do you maintain your sexuality both for yourself and for your partner? What techniques do you use to give both of you a great, satisfying sex life? How do you explore your own body and sexuality now that the rules have changed?
williamb

Re: What Would You Have Done Different?

Postby williamb » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:15 pm

dg_moore wrote:If I'd known I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself.
Isn't that the truth , I agree 200%
Another Dave
born 1949, Cancer 2014, 1st Implant AMS CX 18 + 3 RTE, Oct 2015 by a Houston Doctor. Left with loss of length, Floppy Glans and pain, a very poor job. Revision in Dec 2016 by Dr. Kramer, 21 + 3 1/2 RTEs, LGX, Regained length, Glans supported and no pain.

Cigar56

Postby Cigar56 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:20 pm

I got married at 25. Big mistake. That was 37 years ago and we are still married -- happily married except for sex. I didn't know who I was at 25, including sexually. I love erotic sex, including oral, but she hates oral and isn't erotic at all. I thought she would come around over time. Never did.

If I had to do things over again I would not have compromised on sex. Period. I would make sure through pre-marital counseling, long talks, etc., that I was getting the perfect sex partner for me. If I liked performing anal sex on a woman (I have no interest in that), then I would wait paitiently until I found a woman who was completely into that and still had all the wifey/mommy qualities I needed. I learned, painfully, over the years, that there are good women who can suck dick every day. I do feel I missed out on that.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:39 pm

dg_moore wrote:
FishingTime67 wrote:
dg_moore wrote:You know how Ali rails about Dr. Milam? I yell even louder about the third rate quack I saw at the local emergency facility when I had my stroke. She missed it completely and suggested I call my PCP in the morning. So it was over 18 hours before I had competent medical attention. When I called my doc and described my symptoms he said "MY GOD - GET TO THE ER IMMEDIATELY!" I did, but it was too late for effective intervention.

I have constant vertigo, spells of nausea, severe tinnitus and general malaise. My life has not been worth living for a very long time. But I soldier on nonetheless.

Dave..

I'm sorry to hear you're having to go through this.
I as well have had a stroke an was TPA'd. Ending up in wheelchair.
I told myself I wasn't dieing in a chair. I worked my ass off in rehab after a year i was able to start water rehab and finally got to where I could walk with a walker and never looked backed. Now I'm cane free. Yea I still has spells where I fall an stuff.
The worst was speech and having to drink the thickening nectar in all my drinks.
I made it!!
Message me if ya ever want to talk.

Carl

Seems I'm lucky compared to you. relatively speaking. My initial physical deficits were pretty minor (severe dizziness and difficulty swallowing). The swallowing cleared up in a couple of days, and the dizziness became less severe but never went away. But as the years have worn on I have felt worse and worse despite attention from many docs, including the vertigo clinic at Johns Hopkins hospital in Baltimore and several neurologists. My stroke hit in my brainstem - several docs have remarked that I was the first person they ever knew of who survived a brainstem stroke. When I complained to my PCP about various problems he said, "well, 95% of people who had what you had are dead." That adds some perspective, I guess.

Sorry for your shitty luck Dave... they fact that you beat the odds is NOT a good reason that skilled professionals missed text book signs of a stroke and you missed out on tPa. :(

Larry

cristoph126

Postby cristoph126 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:16 pm

I guess it's really personal because I have my the one and only and we are happy. Well, we had some experiments like a threesome with her female colleague (also her ex), sex with any type of drugs (except heroin). We even tried things like www.lady-era.net even though she has no problem with starting up, but it was an interesting experience anyway. But now we decided that's enough experimenting as we are getting older. I had a little more partners than you before her, but I don't think it made me happier. Because I don't even keep them in mind and I don't even want to compare her to them, because they don't have a chance :D. And having more that one partner at a time can be risky except if you are living in a town with more than 500K people. Sometimes I feel like shit for doing it, even though we are not together now, they were good people and didn't deserve to be cheated on. All the problems are starting from our minds, so try to keep your head clean from thoughts like that.
Last edited by cristoph126 on Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

AnotherOldMan

Postby AnotherOldMan » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:01 pm

We added toys and things have gotten really hot and steamy

Agree 1000%. We started using toys in the '70's. Big clunky vibrators powered by 'D' batteries and sounding like chainsaws!
Modern sex toys are smaller, quieter, and more powerful. In addition there is a much wider variety available these day.
I have never understood some men's objections to using toys. :? Especially in a long term, committed relationship.
If the idea is more frequent sex and a much better response from your partner, try them until you find one that hits the jackpot! :D
Married 50+ years. Use VED for sex and do
daily exercises with both water and vacuum pumps.

Return to “Sexuality 2.0”