To Jeff and Greg

What are your fears? Ideas? Hints? to coping with ED. What helps you with your mental game? How are relationships affected?
regain-is-the-aim

To Jeff and Greg

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Fri May 13, 2011 1:19 pm

To Jeff and Greg:

Perhaps a bit off the usual topic, but wanted to express my concern for you both and your friends and families as these flood waters race down the mighty Mississippi (that's a fun word to type) towards your homes and cities. This is a mess and they say Baton Rouge and South are in an increasing danger zone. And more levees may need be opened flooding even more farm land and bayou. Wow!

You are both so valuable to all of us; so please take care and try to stay dry. We all know you will take care of family and friends. Be safe and know all here have you in their thoughts.

Regards,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

padraig1001

Re: To Jeff and Greg

Postby padraig1001 » Fri May 13, 2011 1:45 pm

Amen from Pat in Iowa!

antelope

Postby antelope » Fri May 13, 2011 3:48 pm

Thanks for your concern guys. Even in the event of a catastophic levee failure, my neighborhood would be high and dry. We're sitting above 60 feet--the river is expected to crest here at 47.5. One of our neighborhood geology profs posted an article on our neighborhood Discussion Forum this morning assuring us that in order for The Garden District to go under, flood waters would have to cover the alluvial plan all the way to San Antonio, TX. As much water as there is in the river--and it is indeed scary!--my neighborhood is safe. This land has not flooded for at least 5,000 years. So says the professor.

I live on the east bank; Jeff lives on the west bank of the river. The elevation there is not as high as it is over here, but I'm confident he's in good shape. His neighborhood is also on relatively high ground. Thousands of acres of sugar cane would flood, I think, before Jeff's house got wet.

By opening the two big spillways, one below us earlier in the week and one above us today, they will reduce a lot of pressure on the levees between here and New Orleans and on out to the Gulf. Frankly, the biggest concern is some fool trying to dynamite the levees in Baton Rouge or New Orleans while shouting "Allah Akbar". Shutting down either port for several months would be catastrophic for most of the country. Between sheriff's patrols and homeland security, I think they're keeping a tight watch on every foot of the levees south of Memphis.

The folks who stand to lose the most are the families who farm the land in the spillways. They are pretty much done for this year. Next year they will have an extra layer of Iowa topsoil on their land, but this year's crop is toast.

Thanks again for your concerns. Thoughts and prayers are always appreciated.

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Fri May 13, 2011 6:58 pm

Thanks guys for all your concerns. I am being safe. We have secured important papers and photos that can not be replaced, just in case. Tomorrow I will take the vette to High Ground.. I should bring it to Greg! His property is a bit higher than I am. We were told that worse case the levee breaks here we would get almost instant 21 ft of water here. That is scary to say the least.

I have had calls from some of the guys here and e-mails. Lots of offers for us to evacuate if necessary. There is no doubt that all these are appreciated and very heart warming.

Thanks guys.

Cajun jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

antelope

Postby antelope » Fri May 13, 2011 9:15 pm

Yeah, Jeff. Bring the vette over here. Just leave me the keys in case I have to move it or something. Yeah, that's the ticket....

And, of course, you and Ms. Pat can stay with us. Shane, too. I can sleep in the vette....

BTW guys, I live 21 blocks from the river. Jeff lives, what, 2 miles maybe? Notice that all the major cities on the river below St. Louis are on the east bank. There's a reason for that.
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

barfinkl1

Postby barfinkl1 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:23 pm

Hard to imagine what you're going thru. Please know we're all thinking of you during these times. I remember the flooding on the Missouri River in Iowa as a boy (50's) and it was scary. Stay safe.
Age 63 married 41 years...2 kids and 2 grandkids. Had robotic RP in Apr 2008. Negative PSA since then. Suffered ED initially from Type II diabetes and then the RP. Had AMS700 LGX implant on 7 Nov 11.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Sat May 14, 2011 10:30 am

Thanks Greg. Rogers house is 45 ft above sea level as well and he has only 1 car. We will park it there this weekend. But if you need to take Mizz Angie on a top off ride let me know you can have a set of keys.. :)

Cajun jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

padreest

Postby padreest » Mon May 30, 2011 11:17 pm

In spite of all the stress you guys still find humor. What a God given blessing during these times. You guys have to hold on til Oct 21 thaen your worries will be over, maybe. LOL.
Padre

Return to “Emotional and Mental Support”