Trying to cope!!!!!!

What are your fears? Ideas? Hints? to coping with ED. What helps you with your mental game? How are relationships affected?
broman36

Trying to cope!!!!!!

Postby broman36 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:00 am

I'm a 37 year old male. Last summer I had non-nerve sparing radical prostatectomy. At the time of surgery I knew it was a possibility, but the surgeon said he wouldn't know until surgery. I didn't find out til a month or so after surgery that this had taken place. So on top of coping with trying to regain bladder control I was hit with this bombshell. I felt so lost. No one to talk to. No results with pills, haven't used the pump except therapy to avoid shrinkage, I've had moderate success with the injections. Doctors want to put in a implant. I'm still unsure abt that. But since all of this I've broken up with my long time gf. I just feel she deserves better than this. Since this was all brought to light I've been an absentee partner. I'm been consumed by this situation. I don't know if I'm going or coming. If guys have any advice it is greatly appreciated. Cuz I'm going crazy over here.

Thanks

Lost soul

Woodicould

Re: Trying to cope!!!!!!

Postby Woodicould » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:22 pm

Looks like no one ever replied to your post. That's a shame because I'll bet there were lots of guys who read it, and sympathized with you, but didn't comment. I had PCa, but I was older than you at the time, but cancer is still cancer no matter when you have it.
Am curious as to why you broke up with your gf. Was it her idea or yours? Sounds like it was yours. When you have cancer reach out to others and let them in. You will be surprised how people will be supportive--most just don't know how. John Piper, a pastor, has done a talk on "Don't waste your cancer" which came from when he was diagnosed with PCa. The idea is to let people know you have cancer and ask them to pray for you. Trust things are looking up for you. If you want, send me a PM. I have lots of resources that I can share, plus a listening ear.
Prostate cancer age 65 with PSA 5.8. Biopsy Oct 2010. Gleason score of 7, 3+4 with perineural invasion. Stage II, T2cNXMX.
Jan-Feb 2011 radiation. Palladium-103 seed implant March 2011 (55 implants). Lupron treatment from Dec 2010 to Aug 2011 (8 months).

JDavid

Postby JDavid » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:20 am

Broman,
Hopefully things are going better for you. I've not had Pca but have had a couple of scares. Are you hesitant to have an implant? Done by the right surgeon, it's a relatively minor surgery and, it sounds like, quite necessary for your happier future.
I am sixty-six years of age and dealing with gradually worsening ED for twenty years. At sixty-three I wanted something that worked reliably. I got an AMS 700 LGX implant in 6/25/13. I am entirely pleased with the outcome. My surgeon was Dr. Karpman.

rschweiger

Postby rschweiger » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:04 pm

Hey broman,
I hope all is well? I just came across your post(I haven't Been on in a long while) if you need an implant go for it.i got mine at 41,( I'm 43 now) after 4 years of ED robbing me of life and would do it again if you need to talk send me a pm and I'll get back to you.
Rich

Deep Threat

Postby Deep Threat » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:02 pm

Having ED and a relationship is brutal. Especially if your gf Is someone with a high sex drive. You feel crappy but you try to think of ppl who are far worse than you and hope some miracle drug or something comes out. I am considering an implant at my young age.

Hartbreaker

Postby Hartbreaker » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:12 pm

Hey Broman,

Hope you are well, just read your post. I had a PCa cancer and a robotic prostatectomy in 2012 at the age of 45. I experienced the same feelings after my surgery and to this day suffer from depression and downright anger toward my situation. PM if you like to talk further, hang in there.
47 yo professional gay male in 19 yr relationship, Da Vinci robotic prostatectomy in June 2012. PSA now less than .10, started trimix injections in May 2013 with good results. Having occasional erections during night when sleeping. Work out 3-4x week.

Return to “Emotional and Mental Support”