any orthodox Catholic/Jewish/Evangelical types?

What are your fears? Ideas? Hints? to coping with ED. What helps you with your mental game? How are relationships affected?
sleeptheclockaround

any orthodox Catholic/Jewish/Evangelical types?

Postby sleeptheclockaround » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:28 pm

So... I grew up in an orthodox Jewish home, converted to Catholicism ten years ago

I was raised with the mentality that masturbation was a vice. Nevertheless I gave into it for a few years as a teen, gave it up when I got engaged to my wife. Haven't engaged in it since

This thread is not to spark any kind of religious debate and I'm not here to criticize what other men do to themselves.

But to me.... I find it odd that my doctor recommends penile exercises every day and I feel weird about doing them since it seems a little like masturbation.

But I don't know about bringing my wife in on the action since I am often not hard enough for sex... And I don't always feel mentally and physically up for it

Was wondering if other men with similar moral attitudes toward masturbation were on here and how they approach "penile rehabilitation

dtwarren1942

Re: any orthodox Catholic/Jewish/Evangelical types?

Postby dtwarren1942 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:38 pm

Though I have had plenty of religious training, I am not Religious so perhaps I do not understand the comparison between masturbation and penile therapy. In my opinion, the two are not comparable other than the fact that you are touching your penis with your hand. The intent and end result are entirely different. When you masturbate you are trying to stimulate yourself in order to ejaculate/ orgasm without interacting with your wife. When you jelq/milk your penis your intent is to improve its health and function in order to eventually have intercourse with your wife for procreation.

To my mind, therapeutic manipulation of your penis in order to procreate is something a higher being would encourage.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

sleeptheclockaround

Postby sleeptheclockaround » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:00 am

dtwarren1942 wrote:Though I have had plenty of religious training, I am not Religious so perhaps I do not understand the comparison between masturbation and penile therapy. In my opinion, the two are not comparable other than the fact that you are touching your penis with your hand. The intent and end result are entirely different. When you masturbate you are trying to stimulate yourself in order to ejaculate/ orgasm without interacting with your wife. When you jelq/milk your penis your intent is to improve its health and function in order to eventually have intercourse with your wife for procreation.

To my mind, therapeutic manipulation of your penis in order to procreate is something a higher being would encourage.

maybe i am just unclear abotu what penile rehabilitation entails.......

usually masturbation is considered touching yourself in order to be aroused even if there is no ejaculation

so... it is not just what is going on with your hands but what is going on in your mind

when a man does penile rehabilitation is he usually aroused & getting off also?

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:20 pm

Some guys will get aroused when handling (milking/jelqing) their penis.The intent is not to get aroused; however, the exercises do become more efficient when you can generate a semi. The intent of rehabilitative exercises is to force additional blood into the tissues of the penis so that the blood can heal/rehabilitate damaged/injured tissue. Although jelqing is also used by others to try to increase the size of their penis, the jelqing used in connection with penile enlargement is generally more intense and can lead to ejaculation.

When doing rehabilitative exercises, my intent is never to achieve orgasm but to force additional blood into the penis. I do normally achieve a semi while doing these exercises which allows me to force in additional blood. I have been doing these exercises for over four years and have never achieved an orgasm, however, I do have ED.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Return to “Emotional and Mental Support”