Anxiety and Caverject

What are your fears? Ideas? Hints? to coping with ED. What helps you with your mental game? How are relationships affected?
Jayson59

Anxiety and Caverject

Postby Jayson59 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:50 pm

Hey guys,

I suffer from performance anxiety. When it comes time to, "Do the deed," I experience "brain chatter" or other distractions that make my erection go away. I have tried all of the pills, and they do nothing for me. I am going to a urologist in two weeks to ask to be put on Caverject. I don't care what it costs...I am THAT desperate to make a quality sexual connection with my wife. She thinks I find her unattractive, and she is trying to lose weight, change her wardrobe, etc, but that is NOT the problem. I could do a better job at it, but I DO compliment her.

It is very embarrassing; but after 27 years, I should be able to talk direct to her, right? So...AFTER my urologist appointment, I intend to share my plan with her. From what I have read here, I will be able to obtain an erection, "On demand." If that means sticking my cock with a needle, then I will do it. So I am wondering if anything gets in the way of the oncoming erection.

For example, if I am anxious or upset, will the caverject still do its thing? If the answer is yes, then many of my life problems will be solved. I may be able to go off of depression and/or anxiety meds and stop my testosterone treatment, which is not good for my prostate. The testosterone has enabled me to wake up with morning wood every day, and I love that, but it really does not help me with my performance anxiety. An, "On demand" erection sounds too good to be true, but if I can get it, I think it would greatly improve my self esteem. What do you say, guys? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Jayson, age 54. Married but VERY frustrated!
Jayson

JimStars

Re: Anxiety and Caverject

Postby JimStars » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:25 pm

Jayson,

Here'e hoping you have some luck gettimg things set up for blast-off in the near future.

Yes if you have good cardio numbers (normal bloodpressure and no circulation issues like hardening of arteries) then you should have some luck with Caverject system.

Also, yes it can be very expensive if you don't have insurance that covers it .. plus a skimpy 6 injection systems per month. The PGE-1 (ingredient in Caverject system) does not require use of nerves that normally would spur on erections. Just good circulation. And also, PGE-1 works pretty much 'on it's own' where there is not all that much you can do to 'help' it along (that applies to 100% ED people ). If you can get a bit of wood thru stimulation then that might be additive to the PGE-1 effect. All I do is inject and waggle a bit but mostly that is just habit .. things will get firm almost no matter what you do and any stimulation may or may not hasten the hardness.

You'll see what you will see when you try it ...

Also one more thing, although not as common as it once might have been, you can sometimes get a prescription of just plain old PGE-1 at some mcg/ml strength 20/40/60/80 even) in place of Caverject system. The only difference would be having to keep it refrigerated. Such a PGE-1 solution would be done by a compunding pharmacy even though there is only the one ingredient -- mostly I think they draw out 5 mls from a larger vial into your 5 ml vial and there ya go.

jim
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

Jayson59

Postby Jayson59 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:37 am

Thanks Jim!

6 doses a month would actually be a great thing since it has been many months w/out having sex with my wife. I can masturbate, but with my meds it sometimes does not happen or it takes a real long time to cum, to the point where I have rubbed myself raw.

I will circle back with another post after going to the doc. I am hoping he will not throw up any roadblocks to me getting Caverject. I want to feel like a man again.

Jayson
Jayson

Jayson59

Postby Jayson59 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:59 pm

Men,

I am a HAPPY CAMPER! I have not posted since January when I started on this journey. I had to set aside my embarrassment and talk frankly with female and male nurses, as well as my urologist. I was given an initial injection of .3 at the office which did nothing. I was sent home with three filled syringes: .6, .75 and 1.0. Turns out I was injecting wrong, so only one of them had a noticable and lasting erection.

Two weeks later I went in and was given (another) lesson on the 9:00 o-clock and 3:00 o-clock injection points and sent home with three more trials of the same dosages. The first two erections lasted less than 30 minutes but the 1.0 lasted 75 minutes, and was ROCK HARD. I could feel the blood literally pushing its way in. It was a turning point in my life!

So, I now have a prescription of, "Bi-mix" (not caverject), and I give myself 1.0 injections when I want an erection. Within five minutes I have a diamond cutter! I am really very relieved and happy that I took this journey, and I want to thank this forum for giving me the courage and support to do so. The biggest obstacle is the embarrassment factor. Guys, park it at the door! Look at where I am after 25 years of wondering if I could get an erection when I wanted one. Now I can get one on demand if I inject at the right place (very important).

I experimented one day with 1.1, and my erection lasted two hours and 15 minutes...too long for me. You can feel the, "pressure" in your penis, so just take the dose that keeps you erect long enough for at least one round of sex. So, 1.0 is my dose and it cost me $75 dollars here in Texas to get TEN doses. I think that is a steal! No, insurance does not cover any of it. I experimented alone to find my right dose and then I sat down with my wife and let her know what "was up," and she was fine with it. She wants sex!

Good luck and I hope to hear that others out there are as elated as I am with my new found "wood" and the confidence that CUMS with it!" I want to hear from you.

Jayson
Jayson

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:04 pm

Jay,

Way to go with a success story.

And BiMix should be a lot more comfortable (no PGE-1 ache) than PGE-1.
Maybe you could wrangle a Trimix prescription sometime in the future since you are likely to at least double the number of shots from the same size vial. And 1 ml shots are on the high upper end of what anyone should need -- but hey they worked for you so that's great.

You might even be able to cut back on your current amount after a while.

Have at it...

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

Return to “Emotional and Mental Support”