Intimacy issues

What are your fears? Ideas? Hints? to coping with ED. What helps you with your mental game? How are relationships affected?
topdog

Intimacy issues

Postby topdog » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:49 am

I feel like I am the only one in the world with this problem. Really, I have researched on-line and I can't find a lot of information about my particular situation. I've been married twice. Each time I lost all romantic interest in my wives within a short time of the marriage. I thought the first time with my first wife it was due to the pregnancy. Now 20 years later, the same thing. Only this time I have a lower libido and fewer erections to complicate the issue even further.

I stayed single for about 20 years after my first marriage because I thought marriage was simply not for me. I like women (a variety) and if I was honest with myself I knew that I probably would choose to remain single if I could enjoy a strong sex life and couple that with dating. Now my 2nd marriage is in trouble. Yes. I am seeing a counselor again.

Tell me there's one person who connects in some way?

DougMac

Re: Intimacy issues

Postby DougMac » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:10 am

Have been married for 41 yrs and experiencing renewed intimacy with my wife as a result of an implant and being able to have sex again (really took be down). Though I have not had the same experience, just wanted you to know I am here to talk/listen. If you PM me I will get back to you or email me at dougmac1953@yahoo.com.

alan46

Postby alan46 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:35 pm

I got married at age 30. Prior to my marraige, I had many girlfriends. All of whom I lost interest in after awhile. Some after a few months, some after a year. I have been married for 37 years and I still love looking at my wife's naked body. She is still a turn on. I still love playing with her even though I have ED issues. Maybe you haven't found the right one.

Woodicould

Postby Woodicould » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:03 pm

Try reading "How We Love" by Milan Yerkovich and his wife Kay. They had problems connecting. If you can't connect on social levels then it really affects your sexual connection. That plus counseling might help. Wishing you all the best.
Prostate cancer age 65 with PSA 5.8. Biopsy Oct 2010. Gleason score of 7, 3+4 with perineural invasion. Stage II, T2cNXMX.
Jan-Feb 2011 radiation. Palladium-103 seed implant March 2011 (55 implants). Lupron treatment from Dec 2010 to Aug 2011 (8 months).

Return to “Emotional and Mental Support”