Giving up

What are your fears? Ideas? Hints? to coping with ED. What helps you with your mental game? How are relationships affected?
pete199

Re: Giving up

Postby pete199 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:08 pm

Al1962 wrote:Sorry @pete199, I am not meaning to monopolize your post and issues.
None of this is fun and it is not getting any easier. Getting dumped is not even my problem yet. I wrap up too much time and effort into a "relationship" before I even have one. My penis does not even satisfy me so why should I subject a woman to these issues. I really need to take your lead and get serious about my health. At least I could feel better about that part of my life. Gyms intimidate me. I need to get a good plan on my own. I need to make myself an excercize plan.

It makes me feel a lot better because my health and fitness is the one thing I have total control of, and no woman can take that away from me. Unfortunately, like with your self esteem when they dump you for somebody else for something you have little control over. That hurts, alot. And I’ve had enough of being put through the mill while they couldn’t care less.
I’d highly recommend pulling together any spare cash you have and invest in a gym membership / personal trainer who you can discuss your goals with. Give it 3-6 months some new clothes and you will feel your mood lift. I’m getting to a stage where I’m happy just in the gym and being by myself/invest in myself. It can be done...

pete199

Re: Giving up

Postby pete199 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:18 pm

Sofa King wrote:Pete,

Yes I have been where you are. And after a while of accepting it and moving on, I met my wife. Usually seems to happen when you least expect it.

Sex was not a high priority for either of us. There are a lot of women out there that have problems of their own, and sex takes a back seat. Anyhow, at least with me depression became more of an issue. I thought I could just take a pill to keep it at bay until I had the implant, then all would be well. That did not happen. It was not until I treated the depression as its own thing that I got better

This all nearly cost me my marriage, but things are good again now. I don't know your history and I'm not an MD, but the other advice given here is solid imo. I only bring up the depression thing because that is what can make it very difficult to be imaginative and put forth effort to woo a woman. Hoping that is not your case.

I’m glad things have worked out for you, also I do have a history of depression. However saying that I think most of us are depressed on here!

Return to “Emotional and Mental Support”