Should I give up?

What are your fears? Ideas? Hints? to coping with ED. What helps you with your mental game? How are relationships affected?
leftout

Should I give up?

Postby leftout » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:32 am

Has anyone tried living asexual? I have tried testosterone injections, pills and the pump nothing works. The only reference I have gotten for a uro led to a Dr who doesn’t believe in injections. With all of my other issues now my wife doesn’t want anything to do with sex. If the opportunity arises she just wants it over. No foreplay nothing just get it done and get away. I’m tired of torturing myself and am thinking of getting off of the T shots and killing the drive so it won’t matter anymore. So has anyone had any success with this method?

Peckerwood

Re: Should I give up?

Postby Peckerwood » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:38 am

Many of us have been where you are mentally and emotionally. Testosterone level is important for a man's physical, mental, and emotional health. If you are feeling frustrated now, without a normal testosterone level, you will likely become depressed, physically unfit, and depressed. Don't give up until you have tried other means of getting an erection. Many of us have found injections to be an answer to maintaining an erection. Read the posts on this topic, and if your urologist isn't open to this idea, find another one. I'm in my seventies, and I can't imagine giving up on my sex life. There are many options that you haven't tried.

Best wishes for continued vitality and a rich life.

John

Peckerwood

Postby Peckerwood » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:44 am

One more thing: change your screen name to something positive. If you continue to use a negative reference to yourself, you may find that it takes over your view of yourself. Think of your most positive attribute and make it your moniker.

John

leftout

Postby leftout » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:46 pm

Thank you for the advice. I will try to come up with something new.

antelope

Postby antelope » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:48 pm

My response to your question? NEVER! There is a solution out there that will work for you. Don't give up. During my search for a solution, my mantra was "This is not acceptable." Fortunately, I had a supportive medical team that listened and I didn't have to go shoppoing for new docs.

Best wishes for hard times,

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:32 pm

Never! You can find a solutions even if it leads to an implant! That is where I am now, waiting on the surgery to finish healing -- only three more weeks.

Look at the sex thing from your wife's point of view, she has probably been psychologicaalh insulted by your body's lack of response to her. It may take some work to warm her up to sex again. Time to start a subtle dating campaign, win her again.

Takes work but it will happen.

Radiodec
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

rschweiger

Postby rschweiger » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:32 pm

Leftout, never give up brother, we here know its tough, I was 37/ 38 when I started having problems,once pills stopped working I. Found implants, researched them andjumped in both feet....there is a solution, we understand the mental battle,the look of disappointment in my womans eyes I cldnt take anymore,the never wanting to start anything we can't finish,just try to reassure her of your love and bbattraction.remember when it doesn't work they take it personal its so hard on everybody....I. had my implant 4 mo. ago @ age 41, and if nothing else it gets hard.and now the only talk I need to have is, I'm air ride equipped and I don't need to hve the I can't function talk anymore........but please don't give up,I know its hard to be positive,I felt like my world was ending too. If you need to talk I could give you my email,maybe my lady friend could even talk to your wife if u think it would help?
Hang in there,Rich.

leftout

Postby leftout » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:07 pm

Well I didn’t give up and found a new Dr. who thinks I’m a good candidate for Trimix. The appointment is tomorrow to get started and now I’m excited to have some hope again. I also talked to the wife about the other issues and Radiodec hit the nail on the head. She thought I didn’t find her sexually attractive anymore and that was causing my problems. I assured her that was the farthest thing from the truth and now that she understands what is going on she’s on board and ready for me to try the injections. Thank you all for the support and advice. It is really great to be able to hear from people who have been through all of this before. Also how do you change your user name?

Peckerwood

Postby Peckerwood » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:37 am

To change your user name, ask Paul to changeit for you.

John

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:04 pm

Great to hear that things have improved! More than pleased to have helped. Got lucky here and jumped the uro's OK and used the implant, that was fun and is becming more fun.

I surely hope you have as long or longer a good run with the trimix as I did with caverject/edex. It took 10 years before they quit. There is hope after that, too.

Enjoy yourself, and many hard times.

Dave
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

Return to “Emotional and Mental Support”