Checking in again to discuss the mental impact on a young person

What are your fears? Ideas? Hints? to coping with ED. What helps you with your mental game? How are relationships affected?
Baseballfan11

Checking in again to discuss the mental impact on a young person

Postby Baseballfan11 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:48 pm

I have posted off and on here for the past 5 years at least. I’m now 25. I can occasionally have sex with my current GF, but we don’t do it more than once a week sometimes twice. I also feel nothing mentally during this, so I have no idea what my issue is. I know I’m a straight male and what I’m attracted to. I don’t know if I permanently fried my brain as a young kid with the internet, but I’ve tried NoFap before for months with no real change. I’ve had times of coping well, following suggestions from here to focus on other things and communicate openly with a partner. However now I’m being flooded with fears again of having to fake enjoyment of sex for the remainder of my life, as well as not being able to hold onto a relationship while friends and getting married and having kids. I can’t get all of these moments out of my head of times I could’ve experienced pure, young love as a teenager but didn’t. Not because a girl didn’t like me but because even from a young age I had this issue. There’s only so many mind games I can play to convince myself I’m content with this situation. Glad to hear from whoever is still on here
26 years old. USA. ED problem since teenage years. Doctor prescribed ED meds showing some efficacy but not a guarantee. As much as I’d like the implant I now think I should hold off if I’m seeing some results from pills

Martin6469

Re: Checking in again to discuss the mental impact on a young person

Postby Martin6469 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:13 am

My favorite sex advisor, Dan Savage (www.savage.love), handles questions like yours. He discusses asexual people from time to time. You might look through his archive, which goes back to 1999, and put your question to him if you don't find what you're looking for. (He used to be free to read in the alternative newspapers, but the website now charges - I think it's $25/year.)
Age 78 in 2023. On testosterone replacement due to hypothalamus malfunction. (Attention depressed guys: low testosterone is a cause.) Healthy health nut but ED due to getting old. Like to keep enough cardiovascular ability to thrust for 30 min.

Return to “Emotional and Mental Support”