I had a breakdown yesterday.

What are your fears? Ideas? Hints? to coping with ED. What helps you with your mental game? How are relationships affected?
MACE1991

Re: I had a breakdown yesterday.

Postby MACE1991 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:46 pm

You are not alone with what you are feeling. We are here for you to vent and talk about it. We all have our burdens to bear with this ED.

Flavio

Postby Flavio » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:44 am

Endoftheline wrote: [...] Hope my 30s aren't nearly as pathetic as my 20s was.

I can totally relate to this.

Sexual performance anxiety ruined my sex life for most of my 20s, I could only achieve penetration with a stable partner. I was depressed and miserable most of the time.

Things improved dramatically when I turned 30 because it was when I started to learn about sex. Better late than never, I can't stress the importance of information enough.

Now that I'm in my 40s, my sex life is better than ever, thanks to my regimen. Of course I'm only human: anxiety, fatigue, depression, etc will always get in the way of sex but now I have the right tools to deal with these situations.

BTW I am going through a tough phase right now, my father is sick at hospital and his house burnt down, so I've been feeling extremely low and sex is out of the question. My work situation isn't helping much, either. :(
Age 40. Psychogenic ED for over 20 years. Current regimen: Udenafil 200 mg, oral phentolamine mesylate 40 mg, Seredyn.

1865Club

Postby 1865Club » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:03 pm

Flavio wrote:
Endoftheline wrote: [...] Hope my 30s aren't nearly as pathetic as my 20s was.

I can totally relate to this.

Sexual performance anxiety ruined my sex life for most of my 20s, I could only achieve penetration with a stable partner. I was depressed and miserable most of the time.

Things improved dramatically when I turned 30 because it was when I started to learn about sex. Better late than never, I can't stress the importance of information enough.

Now that I'm in my 40s, my sex life is better than ever, thanks to my regimen. Of course I'm only human: anxiety, fatigue, depression, etc will always get in the way of sex but now I have the right tools to deal with these situations.

BTW I am going through a tough phase right now, my father is sick at hospital and his house burnt down, so I've been feeling extremely low and sex is out of the question. My work situation isn't helping much, either. :(

@Flavio First post here. Sorry to hear about your father. I'm early 40's and experiencing sexual performance anxiety for the first time in my life. I was married for a long time without issues, but after divorce I'm struggling with anxiety with a new partner and it's giving me ED. I'd be very interested to know more when you talk about the importance of information and learning about sex. Would you mind sharing what you're referring to? My new partner is very sexual and open, which I believe is making me put extra pressure on myself to fulfil and causing fear. I somehow need to find a way to relax.

Flavio

Postby Flavio » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:40 am

1865Club wrote:[...] I'd be very interested to know more when you talk about the importance of information and learning about sex. Would you mind sharing what you're referring to? My new partner is very sexual and open, which I believe is making me put extra pressure on myself to fulfil and causing fear. I somehow need to find a way to relax.

The more you know about sex, the less stressful it will be. Read books, talk to doctors, visit informative websites.

Some techniques may be helpful. When I fail to penetrate (yes, it still happens every now and then), I avoid sex for several days or even weeks just to clear my mind and regain my confidence.

I also use a wonderful natural supplement called Seredyn; it has no side effects and some of its ingredients may actually improve erections (e.g. suntheanine, niacin).
Age 40. Psychogenic ED for over 20 years. Current regimen: Udenafil 200 mg, oral phentolamine mesylate 40 mg, Seredyn.

Bambino09

Postby Bambino09 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:47 pm

Cuantas horas duro tu priapismo debieron drenarte?

Scott59

Postby Scott59 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:35 pm

Somedays i go crazy because I am unable to get hard

Time2Change

Postby Time2Change » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:58 am

Scott59 wrote:Somedays i go crazy because I am unable to get hard

I can relate.

There were times before I got my implant when I seemed consumed by anger and humiliation over my ED. I would turn all that negative energy on those around me. Consequently, I did some real damage to people I cared a lot about.
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

Flavio

Postby Flavio » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:12 am

1865Club wrote: [...] I was married for a long time without issues, but after divorce I'm struggling with anxiety with a new partner and it's giving me ED. [...]

Divorce is the most stressful and emotionally draining experience there is.

Fear, breakdown, humiliation are strong words. We are being too harsh on ourselves. We simply have to accept that depression and anxiety get in the way of sex and that is perfectly normal. Erections start in the brain, it is your #1 sex organ, etc.

65TexasDad

Postby 65TexasDad » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:24 pm

Understandable. You get all excited, start, then nothing. Went through many years of it. Pills worked for a short term, then tried the shots. Painful. Finally did the implant a few months ago. Still going though learning but the feeling of not worrying if I can perform or not is gone. The other day, I had to stop because I got worn out. My wife said, but it's not tired. Wink, wink. I was depressed before. Not anymore. Not saying it will help with the depression but the physical part is way better!
I also have a loving wife that helped me get through those...letdowns...but never let her know how bad I felt. Been married 35 years now. It's almost like being young again, just with less stamina. Good luck with your decision. It will get better.
On my personal post, I wrote down my first 5 weeks of going through the implant. Just wish I would have done it 10 years ago. My doctors kept pushing the pills and injection. Skip it. Get the implant and good luck.
65TexasDad

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:40 pm

All I can say is forget the pills, injections etc and go with an implant. Implant is the way to go. Done all three and I can tell you that an implant once you are all healed up, you will feel as normal as to how you felt before ED hit you. Do not be scared. After surgery by an experienced surgeon it takes about four weeks to where doctors will give you the green light to start slowly getting back into having good sex again. I have done it now for twenty plus years and I highly recommend it. Get the three piece implant. I would never have the malleable because it is too much of a job to hide an erected tool. LOL! Three piece you inflate and push a button to deflate to what ever size you want. I would never deflate completely because when you do that, sometimes the valve will stick and panic sets in because it is tricky to get it released. I found out that if you leave just a couple of pumps on the cylinders, the valve will never stick.
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

Return to “Emotional and Mental Support”