Peyroines Depression

What are your fears? Ideas? Hints? to coping with ED. What helps you with your mental game? How are relationships affected?
Musson

Peyroines Depression

Postby Musson » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:01 pm

I recently read that 1/3 of men diagnosed with PD fall into a severe depression. I realized recently that I had fallen victim m to this phenomenon and was within the 1/3. Symptoms were/are no sleep, anxiety, lack of interest in anything, not caring about work, high risk sexual behavior. I’m doing better now just understanding that my depression was a normal manifestation of PD. I’ve begun much healthier pursuits and putting things in perspective: it’s just your Dick, and there is a cure ( implant) if it gets to that point. Stay strong brothers.
63yr old. PDwith 40% dor. Curve. Pre-PD 7”x6”.lost 2 in. due to PD. ED prior to PD. Switched from Sildalifil to Trimix Nov 2023 . Currently titrating Trimix for optimization.

fade3W

Re: Peyroines Depression

Postby fade3W » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:28 pm

Good topic. I’m working on it myself. I’m almost a year post op from my implant for PD and still finding myself very depressed. Maybe less about the PD, but the implant hasn’t made me as happy as I thought, as happy as everyone else. I have some good days, but overall I might be in the 5% or whatever it is that isn’t satisfied with it.
Mid-30s
Titan 20 cm + 1 RTE to fix Peyronies, March 2021

ScrewedbyDoctors

Postby ScrewedbyDoctors » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:42 pm

You are not alone, I'm getting very depressed because of my PD, and the fact that is getting worse after 2 years of the injury, the progression is not stopping
I had a trauma 2 years ago, caused me narrowing, dent and shortening. PRP injections three months ago=worse narrowing, and worse ED. Now I only have two choices: impotent or implant. Born in 1975, in a relationship with girlfriend fir 4 years

ScrewedbyDoctors

Postby ScrewedbyDoctors » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:47 pm

FadeW3, why are you depressed about the implant?, can you tell the reasons?. I want to know because I'm thinking to have an implant, but not sure
I had a trauma 2 years ago, caused me narrowing, dent and shortening. PRP injections three months ago=worse narrowing, and worse ED. Now I only have two choices: impotent or implant. Born in 1975, in a relationship with girlfriend fir 4 years

fade3W

Postby fade3W » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:04 pm

ScrewedbyDoctors wrote:FadeW3, why are you depressed about the implant?, can you tell the reasons?. I want to know because I'm thinking to have an implant, but not sure

Don’t let my experience sway you, I’d probably be depressed with or without an implant. When I have sex now, my penis is straight. That’s the bottom line, I’ve “beat” PD. So that’s the plus side.

But I don’t feel the same. It does not feel like a part of me. It’s cumbersome. It’s negatively effected my comfort—sitting, squatting, sleeping. I’m always aware of it and irrationally worried about something happening to the reservoir for some reason.
Mid-30s

Musson

Postby Musson » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:47 pm

Fade, do you think the outcome would have been better if you had gone with the AMS which are apparently a little softer when flaccid? I’m a little worried about post surgery comfort. I already have “wrecking balls” the size of tennis balls and certainly not looking forward to more mass down there when flaccid.
63yr old. PDwith 40% dor. Curve. Pre-PD 7”x6”.lost 2 in. due to PD. ED prior to PD. Switched from Sildalifil to Trimix Nov 2023 . Currently titrating Trimix for optimization.

fade3W

Postby fade3W » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:32 pm

Hard to say, because the AMS has a bigger pump, so either way I think I’d be uncomfortable. Plus the titan is better for straightening PD so who knows.

I suppose there’s still time for the titan to soften so fingers crossed that’ll happen
Mid-30s

Martin6469

Postby Martin6469 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:00 pm

The latest Popular Mechanics has an ad about a new non-surgical PD treatment - injections to wear away the fibrous tissue. www.PDcarrot.com.
Age 78 in 2023. On testosterone replacement due to hypothalamus malfunction. (Attention depressed guys: low testosterone is a cause.) Healthy health nut but ED due to getting old. Like to keep enough cardiovascular ability to thrust for 30 min.

Return to “Emotional and Mental Support”