I've been feeling really down on myself and confused

What are your fears? Ideas? Hints? to coping with ED. What helps you with your mental game? How are relationships affected?
ObamaDr

I've been feeling really down on myself and confused

Postby ObamaDr » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:26 am

Hello,
The past twenty months since covid started have been very tough on me and I really feel down in terms of where I am going in life. I have become essentially a shut in since the pandemic started, partially because I live with seven other people in a major city(Toronto) two of which are elderly, but also owing to my poor sleep schedule and mounting obsessiveness. I feel very dysmorphic suddenly with my body and it is only beginning to get a tiny bit better, the big pillars being the Peyronies I am developing, the gaps between my teeth, the progression of male pattern baldness, wearing thick rimmed glasses, and being short at 5'8". I just feel so fixated on these things to a level where I become socially withdrawn and where all other work or fun is put aside. I also feel like a personal failure and question my ability to care for myself when these insecurities become consuming. I have no job, next to no money, I am behind on my timeline for graduating early from school, I really feel hopeless during some moments of the day. I'm sorry if this is long, I usually am a positive guy, I just feel like shit right now.

abhishek26

Re: I've been feeling really down on myself and confused

Postby abhishek26 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:16 am

Feel you man! Feel free to DM any of us here on FT, we’re here for you!
24 y/o suffering from sudden onset of severe ED (from previously having no ED at all). perfectly normal penile doppler and blood/hormone/urine test results. UPDATE: diagnosed with tight pelvic floor dysfunction :roll:

Martin6469

Postby Martin6469 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:40 pm

Just a wild guess, but you might have low testosterone, which always causes depression. Go back to the GP ASAP and get a test - it's a simple blood draw, should not be expensive. (Here in US, there are free clinics for the unemployed - I assume there are the same in Ontario.)
Age 78 in 2023. On testosterone replacement due to hypothalamus malfunction. (Attention depressed guys: low testosterone is a cause.) Healthy health nut but ED due to getting old. Like to keep enough cardiovascular ability to thrust for 30 min.

ObamaDr

Postby ObamaDr » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:03 am

abhishek26 wrote:Feel you man! Feel free to DM any of us here on FT, we’re here for you!
Thanks I'm glad to hear that.

ObamaDr

Postby ObamaDr » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:04 am

Martin6469 wrote:Just a wild guess, but you might have low testosterone, which always causes depression. Go back to the GP ASAP and get a test - it's a simple blood draw, should not be expensive. (Here in US, there are free clinics for the unemployed - I assume there are the same in Ontario.)

I will consider a blood test, I think it is fully covered in Ontario or at least cost cut significantly. Thanks for the suggestion.

ObamaDr

Postby ObamaDr » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:16 pm

ObamaDr wrote:Hello,
The past twenty months since covid started have been very tough on me and I really feel down in terms of where I am going in life. I have become essentially a shut in since the pandemic started, partially because I live with seven other people in a major city(Toronto) two of which are elderly, but also owing to my poor sleep schedule and mounting obsessiveness. I feel very dysmorphic suddenly with my body and it is only beginning to get a tiny bit better, the big pillars being the Peyronies I am developing, the gaps between my teeth, the progression of male pattern baldness, wearing thick rimmed glasses, and being short at 5'8". I just feel so fixated on these things to a level where I become socially withdrawn and where all other work or fun is put aside. I also feel like a personal failure and question my ability to care for myself when these insecurities become consuming. I have no job, next to no money, I am behind on my timeline for graduating early from school, I really feel hopeless during some moments of the day. I'm sorry if this is long, I usually am a positive guy, I just feel like shit right now.

Life Update: I've been meaning to write something like this out for a while now. Turns out I probably had hard flaccid syndrome, not Peyronies. Had Peyronies like symptoms for seven months, and then they got better before stopping completely. I now have a restored member in every capacity. I feel very lucky. My sleep schedule is now much better, I fixed my teeth with braces, I began taking finasteride for my early baldness. My glasses fit me better now. I have a job, and some money saved. I'm doing better at school, but I'll probably graduate only a year and a half late. I'm much less obsessive than I was before and what ever dysmorphic feelings I had are now gone. I really appreciate the support overall from this forum, you really helped me get through the roughest year of my life. I'm again very grateful, and thanks for the support.

Up4Real?

Postby Up4Real? » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:35 pm

Congratulations! You took the initiative and made it happen. You may have learned more from this that from college. I have heard it said that "we learn more from our failures than we do from our successes".
Again, congratulations
Up
1947-76YO Uncut Married 47 years to supportive wife. Serious ED at 65YO. Used pills, VED, rings, Muse, Increasing Trimix: discontinued with 85 units of 80/3/25 didn't work. Got peyronies. 22cm Coloplast Titan 11/18/20. Legacy pump.125ml reservoir. Pleased

Stenlie_

Postby Stenlie_ » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:22 pm

ObamaDr wrote:
ObamaDr wrote:Hello,

Life Update: I've been meaning to write something like this out for a while now. Turns out I probably had hard flaccid syndrome, not Peyronies. Had Peyronies like symptoms for seven months, and then they got better before stopping completely. I now have a restored member in every capacity. I feel very lucky. My sleep schedule is now much better, I fixed my teeth with braces, I began taking finasteride for my early baldness. My glasses fit me better now. I have a job, and some money saved. I'm doing better at school, but I'll probably graduate only a year and a half late. I'm much less obsessive than I was before and what ever dysmorphic feelings I had are now gone. I really appreciate the support overall from this forum, you really helped me get through the roughest year of my life. I'm again very grateful, and thanks for the support.

Please stop taking finasteride. Live with your hair, no matter how much it is. Would you rather have a working penis or have hair?

ObamaDr

Postby ObamaDr » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:36 pm

Please stop taking finasteride. Live with your hair, no matter how much it is. Would you rather have a working penis or have hair?[/quote]
Yeah, I agree with that. The bigger point is that I got over my fear of going bald and I don't think about it anymore.

Martin6469

Postby Martin6469 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:41 pm

Lot of tough guys are bald. :)
Age 78 in 2023. On testosterone replacement due to hypothalamus malfunction. (Attention depressed guys: low testosterone is a cause.) Healthy health nut but ED due to getting old. Like to keep enough cardiovascular ability to thrust for 30 min.

Return to “Emotional and Mental Support”