Super Bowl High!!

What are your fears? Ideas? Hints? to coping with ED. What helps you with your mental game? How are relationships affected?
regain-is-the-aim

Super Bowl High!!

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:45 pm

Normally, one wouldn't post my comment here. But there are so many aspects to self-support and feeling good about ourselves and our world; and, we are experiencing something here in Indianapolis that is amazing and really lifts spirits. So I’m sharing.

As most of you know Indy is hosting the Super Bowl Sunday. This city has been transformed and the attendees are in a world unto themselves. I was downtown last nite for wonderful dinner on the Circle and then a long walk with family thru the “Village” and streets surrounding the Stadium. Indianapolis is unique as our football stadium is located downtown and everything is close and very walk-able. The excitement and pleasure abounds and the weather has been a blessing to everyone.

Streets are blocked and visitors and locals alike have turned this place into a football fun park of many blocks and food/beverage establishments. People are from everywhere and the accents and interchange as they greet each other is warm and accepting. There were a “number” of individuals who had been “over-served” and were joyous to the limit. Yet, the Indy police, who seemed to be having a good time themselves, were directive, polite and just kept everyone moving. It was such a nice Midwest sensibility. There is a Zip Line and no; you wouldn't EVER get me on it, but wow, were they having fun! They are running 4 lines and the wait is hours and everyone says it is worth it. Yes, Super Bowls are an expensive venture and there is a lot of $$ flowing here- but the cost of a zip line ride is $10.00. Something everyone can afford and they were certainly taking advantage of the opportunity! A nice unique opportunity for many.

Walking around with the brisk temperatures, excited visitors and a clear nite sky was a huge upper! As we fight with our ED and focus on that demon; it helps to be lifted, transported, and immersed into a magical world of happy people enjoying a truly American pastime. There are more “Super Bowl” experiences during our coming year and I want to encourage you go and enjoy. It feels good for mind and soul.

Enjoy the game on Sunday and then as the weeks of 2012 go by; find your own super bowl experience and enjoy it to the fullest!! What helps between the ears has impact down below and just may be an assist for a score. . . .

Just a thought.

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

Cajun Jeff

Re: Super Bowl High!!

Postby Cajun Jeff » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:05 pm

Great post Dick.. Only thing is I sure with the Saints were playing there. :(

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

Return to “Emotional and Mental Support”