Should I apply for disability?

What are your fears? Ideas? Hints? to coping with ED. What helps you with your mental game? How are relationships affected?
Vvs111

Should I apply for disability?

Postby Vvs111 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:33 pm

I used to be a go getter.

I took saw palmetto in my last year of college (2012). I suddenly stopped going to class, and developed severe anxiety because of brain fog-I had to research to find a term for what I was feeling. It was like a 24/7 concussion.

I wasn’t able to work. I developed pretty much every symptom you could think of. I had difficulty focusing, I could barely drive, intrusive thoughts etc. I spent a lot of money on doctors. I wrote a will because I assumed I was going to die- no one feels like this.

Eventually forced myself to work. I signed up with Defy medical. They put me on a ‘unicorn’ protocol of clomid, Aromasin, stinging nettle. Started having extreme fatigue and was fired. I had one more job after that, and lasted for a year and a half until I couldn’t handle work and symptoms.

I’ve been unemployed for a few years now. My 20s are gone. The brain fog has recently let up. It was mostly after waking up, but I noticed it would clear after a couple bouts of explosive diarrhea. I shit my pants about 25 times over the past few years because I would have no time to get to the bathroom.

I still have low libido, no morning wood. I cannot commit to a relationship because of the sexual symptoms and emotional toll of the last decade+.

I will never be married and have a family. I’m so far behind in every aspect.

fucked0ne

Re: Should I apply for disability?

Postby fucked0ne » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:47 pm

Vvs111 wrote: I spent a lot of money on doctors.

Were you diagnosed with anything? CFS? Fibro? Food sensitivities can cause the symptoms you describe.

Return to “Emotional and Mental Support”