I'm Bionic! Quincy's journal. Before and after pics added.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
BillyBobTMS

Re: I'm Bionic! Quincy's journal.

Postby BillyBobTMS » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:06 pm

Donnie2016 wrote:Very good explanation Quincy. How did activation go?
donnie1954@mail.com

Yes, thank you, good explanation!

TomW46

Postby TomW46 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:00 pm

I'm just 6 days behind you and following closely. Thanks for all the great detailed info.
Age 72, wife is 52. 20+1 cm Titan Touch implanted by Dr. Kramer on 18 October 2017. Revision to AMS LGX 21+2 cm on 11 June 2018 by Dr. Carrion at Tampa General. Age-related ED + slight Peyronies bend (left) and slight hourglass in the center.

TomW46

Postby TomW46 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:04 pm

Just realized my signature info needed updating.
Age 72, wife is 52. 20+1 cm Titan Touch implanted by Dr. Kramer on 18 October 2017. Revision to AMS LGX 21+2 cm on 11 June 2018 by Dr. Carrion at Tampa General. Age-related ED + slight Peyronies bend (left) and slight hourglass in the center.

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:22 pm

Day 8, evening. Activation!!

Wow. What a big and wonderful day. There's a lot to report, and it's getting late, so I may save some for tomorrow morning.

I went in for activation at around noon, Pacific Time. I had the surgery just a week ago yesterday, so this is really early compared to most I've seen at FT. There are some good reasons for this which I'll get into in a later post.

Dr. Karpman did the activation himself, not a nurse, which I like. Nothing against nurses, just want my doctor to be involved at every stage. He did an examination, said that everything looked good. Swelling was down, incision looked good, dick looked fine.

He helped me deflate, having me hold the button for about 3 seconds. Had to press in very hard and hold, he said. My penis started to deflate and then he showed me how to squeeze. Don't bend the dick, just squeeze, preferably with a reverse milking type motion starting at the end of the of the dick and squeezing inward. He told me I should only need to press the deflate button once if I pushed it hard enough and held it for 3 second. It worked fine.

He then told me to press once on the pump bulb and "feel" a little pop or click as the valve in the pump reverses. It was very easy to feel and so I started pumping. The pump was very firm, but once I had a good grip, not too hard to squeeze. I'm not sure how many pumps I put in, but I was inflated a little more than the 70% level he'd left me at after surgery. He asked me if I thought it was now fully hard and I said yes. He then reached in and gave it 7 more pumps! It got incredibly rock hard and bigger than I've seen it out side a VED tube in many years. He was pressing very hard and it hurt much like a sharp pinch does. He told me that it would be less painful over time as my body got used to it.

I then deflated again, showing that I could squeeze the fluid out appropriately and then pumped up once more. The hardest part of doing this appears to be getting a firm grip on the pump. I held the block next to the tubes with my left hand and pumped with the first two fingers of my right hand on one side of the bulb and the fleshy part of my hand at the base of my thumb on the other. One of the guys here at FT had shown me how to do this a couple days before. (Thank you.)

Each day in those hot baths I talked about, per Dr. Karpman's instructions, I had pulled gently down on the pump to reposition it in my scrotum and then tried to get a grip on the pump in a way that would allow me to pump it. I didn't actually pump it at all until activation today, but I knew from the "practice" that I could do it. Dr. Karpman told me that most men have trouble at first, the pump is slippery and you have to push quite hard. The pump easily slips between fingers (ouch!) and it's hard for some guys to keep the pump steady while applying enough force. Because I had practiced, it was fairly easy for me. He said he was impressed and glad that I had done what he told me to do. He'd seen another guy just before me that had been implanted the same day, and he said that man couldn't do it and would have to practice and come back the next week. Because I was able to show him successful inflation and deflation, he said I should go ahead and go home. The doctor seemed very pleased with my ability to follow instructions and know I'd be able to hold the pump firmly enough.

So we're now in Reno and on our way home. We'll finish the drive tomorrow.

There's a lot more to talk about. I'm sorry for being so verbose, but I'm trying to share details that may answer questions. Thanks for reading.

Before I end this post I have a few really cool observations:

1. My flaccid dick is much bigger than it used to be. I'll measure once I get home, but it's huge, comparatively. It's also heavy. The gear that was installed is much heavier than the flesh it replaced. It feels ponderous and looks really good. When I walk (commando in loose gym shorts), I can feel it swinging back and forth, something I've never felt before. I know flaccid dick size isn't important, but it sure feels good, and I definitely won't be trying to hide in the locker room any more.

2. My scrotum is also bigger and heavier. The extra roommate is fairly weighty and takes up space. When I walk, or sit down, it pulls down more than ever before. I'm not complaining and I kind of like it, it's just different. So "ponderous" is a good word for the feeing of both dick and balls. I'm sure it's nothing compared to what other guys have naturally, but it feels great to me.

3. My penis increased in girth significantly over the first week while I was inflated to 70%. The "sock" my wife sewed for me was very loose when I first put it on, now I can barely get into it. Dr. Karpman pointed that out and said it was because of the week long 70% inflation. He said it will continue growing while I'm cycling it. I already have more girth than before, and it's going to get bigger! <smile>

4. My length when hard looks great, but I can't yet measure. I'm very happy with it now, and Dr. Karpman again said it will get bigger, perhaps as much as 20% bigger if I cycle the way I should.

Cycling: Dr. Karpman told me that he'd like me to cycle 4 times a day for 30 minutes each time. During this time he said to inflate to the highest level I could, then wait 5 minutes and try again. He said that doing this usually allows even more expansion of the cylinders, and I should repeat trying again every 5 minutes throughout the 30-minute session.

He indicated that cycling would be much easier in a tub of hot water at first, but that I wouldn't need to be in the tub once I got better at it and once the pump was broken in a little more. To Andy and others who have trouble with bathtubs, I really didn't have a lot of trouble inflating in his office, but I can see that hot water would help. I think the shower and heating pad, in that order, would also work.

I'll add more a little later. Water in the tub here is hot and ready to go. Time to cycle.

Quincy.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

BillyBobTMS

Postby BillyBobTMS » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:44 am

Quincy wrote:Day 8, evening. Activation!!

Wow. What a big and wonderful day. There's a lot to report, and it's getting late, so I may save some for tomorrow morning.......................................................................

3. My penis increased in girth significantly over the first week while I was inflated to 70%. The "sock" my wife sewed for me was very loose when I first put it on, now I can barely get into it. Dr. Karpman pointed that out and said it was because of the week long 70% inflation. He said it will continue growing while I'm cycling it. I already have more girth than before, and it's going to get bigger! <smile>

4. My length when hard looks great, but I can't yet measure. I'm very happy with it now, and Dr. Karpman again said it will get bigger, perhaps as much as 20% bigger if I cycle the way I should.

Cycling: Dr. Karpman told me that he'd like me to cycle 4 times a day for 30 minutes each time. During this time he said to inflate to the highest level I could, then wait 5 minutes and try again. He said that doing this usually allows even more expansion of the cylinders, and I should repeat trying again every 5 minutes throughout the 30-minute session.

He indicated that cycling would be much easier in a tub of hot water at first, but that I wouldn't need to be in the tub once I got better at it and once the pump was broken in a little more. To Andy and others who have trouble with bathtubs, I really didn't have a lot of trouble inflating in his office, but I can see that hot water would help. I think the shower and heating pad, in that order, would also work.

I'll add more a little later. Water in the tub here is hot and ready to go. Time to cycle.

Quincy.

Thanks for your reports. This last part answers a question I asked over in the thread about cycling, and I see the directions to cycle are actually from your surgeon, so there might indeed be something to it.

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:12 pm

Day 9, morning

I had trouble sleeping again last night. Either the stress of the drive through Bay Area traffic and over Donner Pass, the new pain from pumping up, or the excitement of finding out how well this thing works had my mind in overdrive and I only got 5 hours. Need to do better, but I'll be home in my own bed tonight.

I looked back at last night's post and still agree with everything there. I'm sure that other guys might look at the end result and think I'm kind of small, but for me, it's terrific.

I pumped up fully in the bath again this morning and it's getting easier to get to max. The bulb is still stiff but with the right grip I can push it well. I now don't have to hold the whole pump block with one hand, just kind of stabilize it with a finger or two and pump with the other hand.

I'm bigger now than I was last night, and definitely feel the burn. I added more pumps about every 7 minutes and by the 3rd time it was clear I was at a higher pressure than I had been last night.

I am rock hard and anxious to use this thing. At maximum pressure, the head of my dick is cool to the touch, perhaps not getting as much blood flow? Don't know.

Standing at full pressure, my dick points up at about a 30-45 degree angle. I feel almost young again. It also has a slight upward curve, which I really like. I don't remember having that curve but it's been so long since I was this hard I may not remember. With trimix, the shaft was just straight.

This morning's observations are about underwear. I read a lot here before traveling for surgery and packed some loose boxers, comfortable boxer briefs, and bought a package of David Archy 2-pouch boxer briefs. While in Cal, I also bought a pair of compression underwear to try and hold my dick straight up so it wouldn't tent my pants when inflated. Here are my thoughts:

1. When you are inflated and can't deflated, the best feeling by far is nothing at all. For a week, I was hard and naked and ANYTHING that touched my penis had a high likelihood of causing some pain.

2. If you are inflated and have to wear something, the best thing is the lightest, easiest-to-tent shorts you can find. You will tent them, but a long shirt can help hide it a little. Not much though.

3. If you are inflated and must hide the tenting at least a little, the comfortable boxer briefs, covered by other pants or shorts can make you less conspicuous, but at the cost of nearly constant pain from the pressure of the clothes. The boxer briefs aren't strong enough to hold the erection up totally so there is some tenting, but that is easily hidden with the right shirt.

4. If you are inflated and have to be very careful about bulging, the compression shorts may work the best. I have heard of guys here that taped their dicks up or wore a really tight jock, but I never tried those ideas. The compression shorts held things up (or up and to the side a little) but the trade off was a lot more pressure and therefore more pain. I don't know what I would have done if I had to go to work every day in dress slacks. You probably just have to live with the pain.

5. The David Archy 2-pouch shorts are not good at all while hard. The pouch forces the penis into a downward curve a little, which just isn't possible if you're erect. At least, that's the way it felt to me. Now, however, when deflated, they are by far the BEST feeling shorts I have. Separating the balls from the dick helps, but even better is that each of the two parts is gently cocooned in something soft and silky. Much like the "sock" my wife made, my penis is held in one place and doesn't rub as I move - a wonderful feeling given the amount of abuse the thing has taken recently. Meanwhile, the pouch for the balls provides just the right amount of support without being tight. If I had done peno-scrotal surgery and had a bruised scrotum it might or might not be different, but for my surgery the support is perfect for the 3 boys. It was nice to have something on that didn't hurt and still gave support.

We're headed home in a short time, about 6 hours of driving plus whatever stops we need to make. I'm about to deflate. It's been up for an hour now, but I know I won't get 4 sessions in today so I'll try two longer ones. My new motto may be: Feel the pain to get the gain.

Really glad I did this, and very happy with the infrapubic, minimally invasive method. I'll write something up about that in the next 24 hours or so.

My best to all,
Quincy
Last edited by Quincy on Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

cincinnatus1951

Postby cincinnatus1951 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:38 pm

Quincy: Congratulations and well done Man!!. Glad activation went well and thanks for the running commentary.
cincinnatus
Age 79, Wife 77 Married 52yrs RPP Dr Brian Miles, Houston Methodist, July 2013. Used VED, pills, MUSE, and trimix with no or mixed results. 18cm Titan, one RTE by Dr Mohit Khera, Baylor, Houston, Jan 2016

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:10 pm

Quincy wrote:Day 8, evening. Activation!!

Wow. What a big and wonderful day. There's a lot to report, and it's getting late, so I may save some for tomorrow morning.

I went in for activation at around noon, Pacific Time. I had the surgery just a week ago yesterday, so this is really early compared to most I've seen at FT. There are some good reasons for this which I'll get into in a later post.

Dr. Karpman did the activation himself, not a nurse, which I like. Nothing against nurses, just want my doctor to be involved at every stage. He did an examination, said that everything looked good. Swelling was down, incision looked good, dick looked fine.

He helped me deflate, having me hold the button for about 3 seconds. Had to press in very hard and hold, he said. My penis started to deflate and then he showed me how to squeeze. Don't bend the dick, just squeeze, preferably with a reverse milking type motion starting at the end of the of the dick and squeezing inward. He told me I should only need to press the deflate button once if I pushed it hard enough and held it for 3 second. It worked fine.

He then told me to press once on the pump bulb and "feel" a little pop or click as the valve in the pump reverses. It was very easy to feel and so I started pumping. The pump was very firm, but once I had a good grip, not too hard to squeeze. I'm not sure how many pumps I put in, but I was inflated a little more than the 70% level he'd left me at after surgery. He asked me if I thought it was now fully hard and I said yes. He then reached in and gave it 7 more pumps! It got incredibly rock hard and bigger than I've seen it out side a VED tube in many years. He was pressing very hard and it hurt much like a sharp pinch does. He told me that it would be less painful over time as my body got used to it.

I then deflated again, showing that I could squeeze the fluid out appropriately and then pumped up once more. The hardest part of doing this appears to be getting a firm grip on the pump. I held the block next to the tubes with my left hand and pumped with the first two fingers of my right hand on one side of the bulb and the fleshy part of my hand at the base of my thumb on the other. One of the guys here at FT had shown me how to do this a couple days before. (Thank you.)

Each day in those hot baths I talked about, per Dr. Karpman's instructions, I had pulled gently down on the pump to reposition it in my scrotum and then tried to get a grip on the pump in a way that would allow me to pump it. I didn't actually pump it at all until activation today, but I knew from the "practice" that I could do it. Dr. Karpman told me that most men have trouble at first, the pump is slippery and you have to push quite hard. The pump easily slips between fingers (ouch!) and it's hard for some guys to keep the pump steady while applying enough force. Because I had practiced, it was fairly easy for me. He said he was impressed and glad that I had done what he told me to do. He'd seen another guy just before me that had been implanted the same day, and he said that man couldn't do it and would have to practice and come back the next week. Because I was able to show him successful inflation and deflation, he said I should go ahead and go home. The doctor seemed very pleased with my ability to follow instructions and know I'd be able to hold the pump firmly enough.

So we're now in Reno and on our way home. We'll finish the drive tomorrow.

There's a lot more to talk about. I'm sorry for being so verbose, but I'm trying to share details that may answer questions. Thanks for reading.

Before I end this post I have a few really cool observations:

1. My flaccid dick is much bigger than it used to be. I'll measure once I get home, but it's huge, comparatively. It's also heavy. The gear that was installed is much heavier than the flesh it replaced. It feels ponderous and looks really good. When I walk (commando in loose gym shorts), I can feel it swinging back and forth, something I've never felt before. I know flaccid dick size isn't important, but it sure feels good, and I definitely won't be trying to hide in the locker room any more.

2. My scrotum is also bigger and heavier. The extra roommate is fairly weighty and takes up space. When I walk, or sit down, it pulls down more than ever before. I'm not complaining and I kind of like it, it's just different. So "ponderous" is a good word for the feeing of both dick and balls. I'm sure it's nothing compared to what other guys have naturally, but it feels great to me.

Quincy.

Hey Quincy, I am super glad you are having such a positive experience, I found the heating pad was much more convenient then the tub/shower. With the tub, as soon as you got in, it started cooling and with the shower, unless you had the water pouring directly on your balls it didn't really do much but with the heating pad, you can direct the heat where you need it and as hot as you like (or no so much) and you can leave it on for as long as you like and watch TV, check your Frank Talk, etc. Keep healing and Happy Humping :D

Larry

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:25 pm

Diffrent docs do it a different way. I also had infra pubic. My doc pumped me at the operation to nearly 100%. Told me to not touch it. Don't pull down on the pump. See you in 4 weeks. The pain from being so pumped was nearly un bearable. Pain meds the whole time. I thought, as it was maxed the whole time, when cycling the pain would be less. NO! AS for the no pulling on the pump, my left nut was fully tied up with the pump at 4 weeks. Also not good. I did finally get them separated but at first deflate it felt like I was squeezing the cords to my left nut. I like DR Karpmans approach much better. Wish I had taken the 400 mile drive to him. Reading your journal, I would not endorse USC Keck for a west coast procedure.
As for the David Archy. I used the bikini and sized tight like a speedo. I can put it up to the right ( slight bend to right) and it will stay there unless I am real active, but for social events they work. Hard or soft.
I am at 7weeks now. pain only when I pump hard can stand about 25 minutes till extreme pain. I have a 2 person hot tub at 104 degree. It is great for cycling.
Great journal. The best I have seen here. Thank You Quincy
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Lester33

Postby Lester33 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:38 pm

Quincy,
Great news I am so happy for you. Only thing you're going to be a hard act to follow both recovery and posting. :lol:

Lester
IPP on 6/22/2018 by Dr. Perito, Miami, FL.
22cm Coloplast Titan, 2 RTE
Testosterone therapy
Cancer free seven years, married fifty years, wonderful sex life

Return to “Implants”