For those that also had some incontinence

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
BillyBobTMS

For those that also had some incontinence

Postby BillyBobTMS » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:25 pm

Hi Bros,
It's me again. You know, the guy with all the questions?

Did any of you guys get major ED due to prostate cancer(PC) surgery, radical prostatectomy(RP)? If so, did you also get(most likely you did for a while) some urinary incontinence? I am thinking specifically about incontinence during foreplay or sex. Known as Climacturia.

It took me a while to get over urinary incontinence after my surgery, but after the 1st year, I really have none worth bothering about, don't need to wear pads for the last 3 years. Except for 1 tiny problem. I get these small spasms that come out of nowhere a few times a day. This can force some drops out even if I just emptied my bladder. Usually I can Kegel and keep anything from escaping until I can piss again. But here is the crazy thing: even a passing sexual thought will cause this spasm. Which could be really inconvenient during sex since that is pretty much a case of continual sexual thoughts!

So, my original thought was that I would have an Artificial Urinary Sphincter installed(basically, a 2nd pump, a mini blood pressure cuff that goes around the urethra). I mean, if I could get it approved, of course. I could not pay for it. But that seemed like a good time to get it, while they were already in there fixing my poor old dick. Then I would not have to worry about any leakage during sex, and would not have to wear a ring over my new pumped up penis(to clamp off any possible leaks)

However, I read at Dr. Eids site that he didn't like to do both at the same time. Quicker healing and less chance of infection, and easier to do if done separately, etc. And he likes to fix the dick 1st.

So my question is: did any of you need your fav toy, the penis pump, due to ED caused by surgery for PC? If so, and if you had any Climacturia or leakage during sex/foreplay? And if so, did having a pump installed help any with this? It has occurred to me that it might be possible that when those tubes fill up with saline and make thinks hard, they might also press on the urethra and slow any leakage. Or at least that is what I am hoping! A little bonus, in case a hard dick and maybe even a little size restoration was not enough! ;)

Again, a ring will stop the leakage, but one reason to go through the surgery is to escape all of that.

shooter1000

Re: For those that also had some incontinence

Postby shooter1000 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:08 pm

I had some incontinence after my RLP. Like you I got it totally controlled within 3 moths or so. Six years later a return of my cancer required 35 radiation treatment. I have been effectively 0 PSA since. However I have some minor stress incontinence. That increased after my implant surgery, but is now about like it was before. About 50% of the time when I have an orgasm, I leak. I am always careful to empty my bladder as good as possible before sex. My partners don't seem to notice or mind a little extra wetness.
Age 75 Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 03/22/2017. AMS 700 LGX 18 CM with 2 Cm RTE for a total of 20 CM. Previously used injections over 1000 no scarring

BillyBobTMS

Postby BillyBobTMS » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:20 pm

shooter1000 wrote:I had some incontinence after my RLP. Like you I got it totally controlled within 3 moths or so. Six years later a return of my cancer required 35 radiation treatment. I have been effectively 0 PSA since. However I have some minor stress incontinence. That increased after my implant surgery, but is now about like it was before. About 50% of the time when I have an orgasm, I leak. I am always careful to empty my bladder as good as possible before sex. My partners don't seem to notice or mind a little extra wetness.

Thanks, Shooter!

Sour.Mash

Postby Sour.Mash » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:56 pm

BillyBobTMS wrote:Hi Bros,

Did any of you guys get major ED due to prostate cancer(PC) surgery, radical prostatectomy(RP)? If so, did you also get(most likely you did for a while) some urinary incontinence? I am thinking specifically about incontinence during foreplay or sex. Known as Climacturia.

It took me a while to get over urinary incontinence after my surgery, but after the 1st year, I really have none worth bothering about, don't need to wear pads for the last 3 years. Except for 1 tiny problem. I get these small spasms that come out of nowhere a few times a day. This can force some drops out even if I just emptied my bladder. Usually I can Kegel and keep anything from escaping until I can piss again. But here is the crazy thing: even a passing sexual thought will cause this spasm. Which could be really inconvenient during sex since that is pretty much a case of continual sexual thoughts!

So, my original thought was that I would have an Artificial Urinary Sphincter installed(basically, a 2nd pump, a mini blood pressure cuff that goes around the urethra). I mean, if I could get it approved, of course. I could not pay for it. But that seemed like a good time to get it, while they were already in there fixing my poor old dick. Then I would not have to worry about any leakage during sex, and would not have to wear a ring over my new pumped up penis(to clamp off any possible leaks)

However, I read at Dr. Eids site that he didn't like to do both at the same time. Quicker healing and less chance of infection, and easier to do if done separately, etc. And he likes to fix the dick 1st.

So my question is: did any of you need your fav toy, the penis pump, due to ED caused by surgery for PC? If so, and if you had any Climacturia or leakage during sex/foreplay? And if so, did having a pump installed help any with this? It has occurred to me that it might be possible that when those tubes fill up with saline and make thinks hard, they might also press on the urethra and slow any leakage. Or at least that is what I am hoping! A little bonus, in case a hard dick and maybe even a little size restoration was not enough! ;)

Again, a ring will stop the leakage, but one reason to go through the surgery is to escape all of that.

I'm new and this is my first comment and you have hit upon several things with which I have had experience. After my radical prostatectomy via da vinci robot about 6 years ago, I had very mild stress incontinence and usually wore a light pad which lasted all day. I noticed that my main problem was lifting heavy objects over my head.

Within about 6 months, I developed a bladder neck stricture which led to a number of problems. Regarding your spasms, 1st, I AM NOT A DOCTOR but I experienced bladder spasms and currently take 5mg of Oxybutynin ER (extended release) though I believe the most common dosage is 10mg daily. My spasms occur primarily before/during/after bowel movements. So I take the 5mg before going to bed as my bowel movements come shortly after getting up in the morning and it seems to be working.

I use Trimix for ED.

I am currently on my 2nd AUS; the AMS 800. The necessity for a 2nd AUS isn't relevant for the current discussion. I would suggest that you talk to your Doc and ask about urethral erosion and the time you can expect to have the AUS before in will need to be replaced. Like everything else, people's experiences will vary but through my own research it appears 6-12 years and the AUS will need to be replaced.

Good luck.

[edited to correct spelling errors, DOH!]
60 and married for 39 years. Mild ED at around 50. Radical prostatectomy at 54 and developed a bladder neck stricture.19 procedures and surgeries later I am on my 2nd AUS. I use Trimix for ED.

JohnnyO

Postby JohnnyO » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:43 am

I had the pump put in in February of 2018 and I'm very happy.
However I too am experiencing Climacturia during sex and also just sometimes thinking about it. I have tried several different types of tablets to stop this but none of these have worked for me.
Is there anything we can do?
This is a very embarrassing problem!!!
57 Years old, Implanted 2/28/18, Titan implant, Dr. Perito, Great surgeon, has done over 10,000 implants, very little pain,

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:42 pm

I have just slight leakage during sex when orgasming. I notice it but my wife has not. It is more noticeable during masterbation. I urinate before sex.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Stevareno

Postby Stevareno » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:52 pm

BillyBobTMS wrote:Hi Bros,

This is the exact problem I am experiencing. Had a radical prostatectomy last year, had the incontinence for about two months and then dried up with no problems. Then eight months later had to go through radiation treatments then I started dribbling again. Got that under control also but now it only happens during foreplay and sex itself. Having to wear condom so I don't make it too wet. Oh, and I just got an implant a month ago but the problem existed before then. Been on Oxybutyn for a while but doesn't help when it comes to sex. Heck, I don't need to take it any other time. I am usually fine other words just prior to and during sex.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:53 am

I leak some as does my wife. We deal with it.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Return to “Implants”