April 2018 3 year anniversary

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RelievedofED1

April 2018 3 year anniversary

Postby RelievedofED1 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:59 am

Well this month will be 3 years since my implant was performed by Dr. Kramer. I havent been on this site a lot because frankly I think about ED and implants infrequently. Not to say it isn’t important and I am thankful for a site like this that supports the angst many of us have felt for years around our ED issues. I think I am in the silent majority now post implant that can get on with other issues that pop up since my ED has been cured. My implant rarely causes any sensation. It always works when I want it to. I dont have discomfort except when I ride my bike for long distances when I think it may exacerbate seat perineum pressure feelings I dont believe I had before the implant thought it doesnt keep me from riding ny bike normal distances. I have had BPH and abnormal PSA issues and because of the implant my local urologists have felt limited in what they could do beyond TURP or meds. Some of the microwave techniques apparently are off the table but again there are things I can have done so not really a problem.

I guess the bottom line is that this site has a much higher percentage of people like me before my transplant who are stuck deciding about an invasive procedure that cant be undone, an implant and the alternative of living with ED. Or people who have had real problems after implant. I believe based on my experience falling away from posting and the results of several studies that there is a silent majority of implantees like myself who wonder why did I wait so long but are busy and dont post anymore. Try everything else first as meds, injections etc can be enough for most men. If those dont work consider meeting with a high volume surgeon like Dr Kramer (I honestly cant say enough positive about his skill and true concerns for me and I am a physician who never met him before my implant and not a paid advertiser for him!!) or Dr Eid and explore the implant option. Just wanted to not be a satisfied silent implantee for a minute to give some of you hope. Good luck to you all.
Last edited by RelievedofED1 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

Greg1956

Re: April 2018 3 years anniversay

Postby Greg1956 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:22 am

Happy Third Anniversary! I am happy all has worked out well for you. I am at almost seven months post-op. I still am on the site frequently, but to help others, rarely asking questions anymore. It has been rewarding to give hope to other guys and to relieve their anxiety as much as I can.

The great thing about Frank Talk is there are guys her to help the newcomers and then as the newcomers move through their own journeys with ED and overcoming it, they become the mentors here to help others.

Best Wishes,
Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

mr.skin

Re: April 2018 3 year anniversary

Postby mr.skin » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:32 am

Reall glad you find the time to post here again. Pretty reassuring.

Best
ED since 2012
nothing works properly

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:56 pm

I hope hearing about my success will help others push to get to their happy place.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:00 pm

RelievedofED1 wrote:I hope hearing about my success will help others push to get to their happy place.

Thank you for posting again.

A successful result is the goal of all of us here on FrankTalk!
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:21 am

FreddyFree wrote:
RelievedofED1 wrote:I hope hearing about my success will help others push to get to their happy place.

Thank you for posting again.

A successful result is the goal of all of us here on FrankTalk!

Did you see my PM to you?? :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”