Genesis Implant Experience

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Larry10625

Re: Genesis Implant Experience

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:57 pm

Genesis wrote:
jackhammerdreamz wrote:For now just make a few laps around the house daily nothing too crazy.
Don't lift anything too heavy (my doc said nothing over 15lbs)
Try not to strain and lift yourself up by your abs when you get out of chairs or when you sit up out of bed.
I sorta rolled up out of bed from the opposite side as the reservoir when I was sore the first week or so.
Tying my shoes was a little bit of a challenge lol.

I had surgery 11am on a Tuesday and was back to work Monday.
I probably could've sat at my desk job Friday but I had the PTO to kill so I said screw it. I'll relax 8-)

Take each day one at a time. Some days you'll feel great, but the next day you'll be sore or uncomfortable in places you just learned about.
It's all part of the healing process brother!

Cheers

You always know what to say don't you? :D
Laughing cause I know exactly what you mean by rolling out of bed.
I move like a Tai-Chi master now with deliberate,controlled movements. :lol:
It really is like a rollercoaster with ups and downs. I was used to easy nights but last night my gooch area was not happy.
Did you experience a sore pc muscle area and involuntary squeezing of the pc muscle when peeing causing it to stop/start. I'm getting better at controlling it but it's still uncomfortable.

Larry10625 wrote:Have you been applying an icepack (covered bag of peas, corn or navy beans)? Once the swelling is gone you will feel much better. Once the swelling was gone for me, I applied a electric hot pad (on the medium heat level) and that felt great. It also softened up the rubber on the pump so I could pump up easier. :)

Larry

Absolutely, ice is mentioned in just about every implant journal as a key ingredient.
I was using frozen strawberries and a reusable ice pack at first but once I tried frozen mixed veggies there was no going back, the way it can wrap around your anatomy can not be beat!
I will consider using a heatpad too. The swelling has gone done considerably the past day.

I recently discovered Navy Beans for an icepack because they can be reused over and over whereas frozen peas will eventually freeze into one solid mass. :)

Larry

Genesis

Postby Genesis » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:42 pm

Larry10625 wrote:

I recently discovered Navy Beans for an icepack because they can be reused over and over whereas frozen peas will eventually freeze into one solid mass. :)

Larry

I will keep that in mind for next time! :lol: :lol:
Mid 30's
Never had an erection suitable for sex
Tried Pills, Pump, and Shots with no success
Implanted with a Titan One Touch on March 9th 2018 by Dr. Carrion in Tampa.
18cm with 1.5 and 2cm RTE's. 125cc Reservoir with 90cc filled.

jackhammerdreamz

Postby jackhammerdreamz » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:29 pm

I did not feel random tightening of the PC muscle or soreness in the gooch area.
Not that I remember anyways.... lol I think I would remember if that were in pain actually.

That was a good point made about trying on clothes and moving around in them.
I went shopping at like a week or something like 10 days after surgery and I was MISERABLE.
Walking felt fine, but standing around while my girlfriend was in the changing room. I had to do everything in my power not to grab my dick or pull my pants down LMAO :shock:
I sit at a desk for work so work was a non-issue for me. Kush job with no strenuous activity. :P

As an aside, I only iced one night and it didn't feel great.
I've read a few published journals that don't attribute cold application to healing.(it can have the opposite effect if done too long)
It's good for numbing... but in the end you want good circulation to injured parts of the body.
I did the heating pad religiously on my balls and shaft for about 2 weeks. They're easy to find on amazon for $15 I think mine is a sunbeam brand. Usually I started it on pretty hot and then backed it down throughout the night.

Do what feels comfortable in regards to hot or cold application.

Like everyone said there's no rushing the healing.
Just pain/discomfort management.
You're still in the "SHIT WHAT IS THAT!?" phase. Don't worry you'll be okay :)
Keep an eye on any green or white puss or discharge there should be little to none of that.
Clear is okay though. Lots of white bloodcells down there patching you up!

Cheers
39yr old
Revision installed 1/2/2024
Coloplast w/ Genesis pump
PenoScrotal 20cm + 3cm RTE(right) & 2cm RTE(left)
-
Initial install: 2/6/2018
Coloplast Titan Touch
PenoScrotal 20cm + 1.5RTE
Failure: 9/2/2023
-
Dr. Bodie U of MN
ED for 20+ years

DannyP

Postby DannyP » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:04 am

Gm Genesis, following ur post glad to hear ur doing well with the recovery, Dannyp

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:27 am

Jackhammer,
Regarding your commet on ice packs...
The use of ice is not directly tied to healing, by rather it helps to keep down swelling. Some guys barely notice swelling and others say their scrotum looks like a grapefruit. Just because your situation didn’t call for it does not mean it’s not extremely helpful for other guys.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:58 am

Greg1956 wrote:Jackhammer,
Regarding your commet on ice packs...
The use of ice is not directly tied to healing, by rather it helps to keep down swelling. Some guys barely notice swelling and others say their scrotum looks like a grapefruit. Just because your situation didn’t call for it does not mean it’s not extremely helpful for other guys.

Greg

Exactly Greg and, cold IS the treatment for swelling not warm or hot. It has nothing to do with comfort although, getting the swelling down will definitely increase comfort. In fact, if your not careful with warm, you could be creating the perfect environment for bacteria. People should NOT be giving medical advice unless they know what they are talking about. In the first 24-72 hours following trauma (surgery, accident, whatever) ice is indicated for treatment of swelling. That said, cold packs MUST be wrapped to prevent damage skin tissue. 20 minutes on 2-3 times a day. Thanks for the help Greg, I can't be on here all day, every day, although sometimes it seems like it :D

Larry

Genesis

Postby Genesis » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:14 pm

Laying in the Urgent Care Center right now.
You would not believe that crap I have had go through to get this drain removed for these past 3 days.
Monday and most of Tuesday we're spent on the phone coordinating between home health care and my insurance.
Rest of Tuesday and Today I have been calling every hospital, urologist, urgent healthcare, and primary doctor trying to find someone willing to do it.
After all my calls my options were to go to the ER or to drive 400 miles there and back to Tampa.
I had the idea to go into a urgent Care center and say I needed stitches removed.
The physician took a look and said she won't remove the stitches without a doctor's order.
Waiting to hear back now.

Update: Success!! They faxed the doctor's order was faxed over and the beautiful physician removed the stitches and drain in the matter of a minute.
Mid 30's

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:40 pm

Genesis,
Sorry you had to go through so much to get this taken care of, but happy it is done. Now rather than focusing on this you can focus on the rest of the healing process.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Genesis

Postby Genesis » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:52 pm

Greg1956 wrote:Genesis,
Sorry you had to go through so much to get this taken care of, but happy it is done. Now rather than focusing on this you can focus on the rest of the healing process.

Greg

The way it went down made it so satisfying!
Not having to spend all that time and money at the ER nor having to drive halfway up the state.
I felt so damn good when that thing got pulled out.

I am surprised at how fast the healing process is going. My dick is still sore but my balls are barely swollen anymore.
Feels like I could start cycling soon.
Mid 30's

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:45 pm

Your recovery seems to be going very smoothly like mine did. I started masturbating very gently at 3 weeks, without asking my doctor if it was OK. I was just so damn horny and curious. I had my official activation at exactly four weeks and was given the official green light to jack off, but had to wait until 5 weeks for sex. I hope you are able to go for a test drive soon.

Greg

Return to “Implants”