Still painful.........

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
LVhome

Still painful.........

Postby LVhome » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:39 pm

I have a question for the guys who have already had implant surgery. I am now closing in on 3 months post surgery. I have a Coloplast Titan. I still have considerable pain when I inlflate to maximum firmness while cycling. I thought I would certainly be pain free at this point in my recovery.

Is this normal in many men's experience 3 months after surgery? Is so, at about what point post op were you pain free while inflating to maximum firmness?

Thanks guys.
Age 54. ED since age 35. Tried all the oral medications as well as injections. No luck. Scheduled For implant with Dr Eid on November 28, 2017.

warrenw

Re: Still painful.........

Postby warrenw » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:11 pm

I'm at 9 weeks now, also a Titan from Dr Eid. I have no pain while cycling to max, but I do have aching in the glans afterwards when flaccid. No pain other than the glans aching. I cycle about every other day in the shower.

Where exactly is your pain?
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:21 pm

I had some minor pain when fully inflating from the four week mark when I started cycling until about six weeks. The pain was in my glans. For about another month after that I would say there was very mild discomfort. By the third month through now at almost five months post-op, I have no pain at all.

I hope your pain goes away soon.

Greg
Last edited by Greg1956 on Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Spikepork

Postby Spikepork » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:00 pm

I am just over 9 weeks with a Titan and I have some discomfort but it graduklay reduces. Hang in there. My pain is more when I’m deflated and the tubes seems to lie awkwardly. Inflated at max is fine
Now Implanted 9/12/17. 52 years old with ED for over 20 years. Tried all the pills and injections. Update. Implanted with Titan 22 + 1. by DR Ralph Dec 9th London. Now in recovery and at 3 months feeling the journey was worth the pain.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:08 pm

From what I have read, your pain (if it is no different un quality from what you experienced at earlier cycling) is a good thing. It means you are still stretching your penile tissues. That is, still getting larger (most likely in girth rather than length).

Are you tracking your measurements over time?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

LVhome

Postby LVhome » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:01 pm

warrenw wrote:I'm at 9 weeks now, also a Titan from Dr Eid. I have no pain while cycling to max, but I do have aching in the glans afterwards when flaccid. No pain other than the glans aching. I cycle about every other day in the shower.

Warren, no pain in the glans or when I deflate. Pain seems to radiate from the same spot. On the right side of my shaft. As soon as I deflate, pain is gone.

I see Dr Eid in a week and a half for my 3 month follow up. Hopefully, he has some answers for me.
Age 54. ED since age 35. Tried all the oral medications as well as injections. No luck. Scheduled For implant with Dr Eid on November 28, 2017.

LVhome

Postby LVhome » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:05 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:From what I have read, your pain (if it is no different un quality from what you experienced at earlier cycling) is a good thing. It means you are still stretching your penile tissues. That is, still getting larger (most likely in girth rather than length).

Are you tracking your measurements over time?

Lost sheep, that's certainly a positive way to look at it! No, I've not been tracking my measurements. I need to start doing that.

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:58 pm

LVhome wrote:
warrenw wrote:I'm at 9 weeks now, also a Titan from Dr Eid. I have no pain while cycling to max, but I do have aching in the glans afterwards when flaccid. No pain other than the glans aching. I cycle about every other day in the shower.

Warren, no pain in the glans or when I deflate. Pain seems to radiate from the same spot. On the right side of my shaft. As soon as I deflate, pain is gone.

I was experiencing pains on the sides of the shaft from the "dog ear" folds in the cylinders during my first month. Can you feel for a pointy fold at the painful spot? My guess is that's what you are feeling. The good news is that pain has almost completely disappeared in the past few weeks. Can't explain it but things improved everyday.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:39 am

Tissue is still growing over parts

Return to “Implants”