From Girth To More Girth

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Vagabond127

From Girth To More Girth

Postby Vagabond127 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:18 am

I have a question about post-surgery girth. It's a topic that has been covered extensively. BUT...what I am confused with is the differing outcomes with regard to girth from one guy to another. I'm wondering if guys who originally had small girth show a more dramatic increase since they were dealing with a lot less to begin with and vice versa. Or is it just a random thing?

Also-even though many (not all) surgeons try to fit cylinders as aggressively as possible I know there is a max due to the limitations of the male anatomy. I've seen horror stories of cylinders that were too big for nature to handle. BUT does the surgeon have more play with girth since the penis is much more stretchy width wise than length?

Frank
Implanted with Titan 1/15/19 with Dr. Eid.
6-length 4.5-girth.

David_R

Re: From Girth To More Girth

Postby David_R » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:33 am

Please make sure you get a qualified surgeon. (Any maybe you can start with recommendations that appear here at FT.)

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:54 pm

AMS and Coloplast both make narrow versions of their devices. I know of no other sizing choice your surgeon can exercise un the width/girth dimension.

Your surgeon CAN vary the amount of dilation , cavernosum tissue removal/destruction that is done during the surgery. Ask about that when you interview your surgeon(s), Sonpme riutinely remove all the cavernosum and some preserve as much as possible.

I was aghast and disappointed when I iearned the former fact.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:32 pm

Based on your signature, you have probably the best surgeon for your implant. Talk to him about all areas of concern. He is not just a Master on this, but a great human being.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:17 am

Vagabond,
I know this won’t be what you want to hear but you just have to have faith in your surgeon. You picked a good one and he is going to provide you with the best he can. Many of us wish we were longer or thicker, but we are what we are. It’s far better to have a well-functioning penis with an implant, even if it’s not the size we wish we had, than to have a limp dick that doesn’t satisfy you or your partner. I think that’s the turning point for many guys who have finally gotten implants when you realize that. I took the leap of faith and gained a hit of girth and my LGX has the potential to possibly give me more. I am very happy if it doesn’t get thicker and will be ecstatic if it does. Best wishes.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Vagabond127

Postby Vagabond127 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:50 pm

Thanks Greg. Better to have realistic expectations than expecting huge girth increase and being totally bummed. I really appreciate your feedback.
Implanted with Titan 1/15/19 with Dr. Eid.
6-length 4.5-girth.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:20 pm

what I am confused with is the differing outcomes with regard to girth from one guy to another. I'm wondering if guys who originally had small girth show a more dramatic increase since they were dealing with a lot less to begin with and vice versa.

ANSWER: girth is dictated in part by the type of implant used. Remember, Titan is 22 mm diameter and AMS is 18 mm diameter. Thus, for good girth with AMS , some of your native erectile tissue might need to contribute to girth. (for me, this would have been a problem since my native tissue really does not engorge worth a damn--thus, I demanded Titan). For those with a narrow penis, surgeon will need to select an implant that is more narrow, because if an oversized inplant is placed, then tears can occur

I know there is a max due to the limitations of the male anatomy. I've seen horror stories of cylinders that were too big for nature to handle. BUT does the surgeon have more play with girth since the penis is much more stretchy width wise than length?

ANSWER: no, girth is limited by the "tunica albuginea" and that is not very stretchy. You will be told that the Titan is "tunica limited" while the AMS is mesh limited. In other words, the titan will expanad out all the way to your tunica. Of course, your penis needs to be big enough to handle what is implanted, otherwise the implant will tear you up from within---anad you do not want that.

Further information: If penis length and size are really important to you, than I do think it is important to go with a surgeon who uses a very transparent and reproducible measurement system on you. For Dr Eid, he has a very strict sizing protocol and a very strict sizing sheet. When you get your pre-surgery tests, eid will measure length and girth in flacid state. Length and girth in strecth state, Length and girth in erect state using an injection to induce erection. Those measurements are obtained lying and standing and they are all recorded on a sheet. THAT SHEET WILL GO TO SURGERY and he will use it as a quality control step for you and for him so that he can give you as much as you can handle. For me, he stated that I will "gain a little size in girth" and I will probably "lose a little in length". After this has all been over,I can declare that he delivered on that promise of slightly better girth (but that required the titan) and I think my length is about the same.

Even further information: do remember that an erection is due to both the cavernosa (two spongy cylinder like structure in your penis) and the spongiosum (the undersurface erectile tissue around your urethra and the tissue which composes the glans , or , head, of your penis. For me, my erectile dysfunction is so bad that I have spongiosum erection only at the point of orgasm. The implant does nothing for spongiosum erection -- and the penis head (spongiosum) generally will give you an extra half inch to three quarter inch when it engorges.

Moral of the story: use a surgeon who is willing to commit to real numbers which are written down before and after surgery.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

jackhammerdreamz

Postby jackhammerdreamz » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:36 am

TANGERINE wrote:
what I am confused with is the differing outcomes with regard to girth from one guy to another. I'm wondering if guys who originally had small girth show a more dramatic increase since they were dealing with a lot less to begin with and vice versa.

ANSWER: girth is dictated in part by the type of implant used. Remember, Titan is 22 mm diameter and AMS is 18 mm diameter. Thus, for good girth with AMS , some of your native erectile tissue might need to contribute to girth. (for me, this would have been a problem since my native tissue really does not engorge worth a damn--thus, I demanded Titan). For those with a narrow penis, surgeon will need to select an implant that is more narrow, because if an oversized inplant is placed, then tears can occur

I know there is a max due to the limitations of the male anatomy. I've seen horror stories of cylinders that were too big for nature to handle. BUT does the surgeon have more play with girth since the penis is much more stretchy width wise than length?

ANSWER: no, girth is limited by the "tunica albuginea" and that is not very stretchy. You will be told that the Titan is "tunica limited" while the AMS is mesh limited. In other words, the titan will expanad out all the way to your tunica. Of course, your penis needs to be big enough to handle what is implanted, otherwise the implant will tear you up from within---anad you do not want that.

Further information: If penis length and size are really important to you, than I do think it is important to go with a surgeon who uses a very transparent and reproducible measurement system on you. For Dr Eid, he has a very strict sizing protocol and a very strict sizing sheet. When you get your pre-surgery tests, eid will measure length and girth in flacid state. Length and girth in strecth state, Length and girth in erect state using an injection to induce erection. Those measurements are obtained lying and standing and they are all recorded on a sheet. THAT SHEET WILL GO TO SURGERY and he will use it as a quality control step for you and for him so that he can give you as much as you can handle. For me, he stated that I will "gain a little size in girth" and I will probably "lose a little in length". After this has all been over,I can declare that he delivered on that promise of slightly better girth (but that required the titan) and I think my length is about the same.

Even further information: do remember that an erection is due to both the cavernosa (two spongy cylinder like structure in your penis) and the spongiosum (the undersurface erectile tissue around your urethra and the tissue which composes the glans , or , head, of your penis. For me, my erectile dysfunction is so bad that I have spongiosum erection only at the point of orgasm. The implant does nothing for spongiosum erection -- and the penis head (spongiosum) generally will give you an extra half inch to three quarter inch when it engorges.

Moral of the story: use a surgeon who is willing to commit to real numbers which are written down before and after surgery.

TANGERINE you are a damn rockstar. Good info put out there!

I was going to note, although I'm not a surgeon, that it does differ from patient to patient because one person who has a lot of heavy scarring is going to have less tissue surrounding the cylinder versus someone with less scarring. More tissue to work with = more engorged.
My scarring wasn't very severe and even in my deflated state I can already tell I'm gonna be thicc! (not complaining)

Glad to read that you're in good hands. Frankly the best hands!
Your dick will look great! :D
39yr old
Revision installed 1/2/2024
Coloplast w/ Genesis pump
PenoScrotal 20cm + 3cm RTE(right) & 2cm RTE(left)
-
Initial install: 2/6/2018
Coloplast Titan Touch
PenoScrotal 20cm + 1.5RTE
Failure: 9/2/2023
-
Dr. Bodie U of MN
ED for 20+ years

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:17 pm

Perfectly stated.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Larryb8x8

Postby Larryb8x8 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:54 am

I have Titan three pieces 22cm cylinders 22 length. My girth pre surgery 7.5 to 8 inches. Length was 8 inches. Post surgery length so far at 7 inches. All my girth plus more painful only six weeks out of surgery
Attachments
20200209_084254.jpg
20200209_084254.jpg (212.47 KiB) Viewed 1529 times
Larryb8x8, married straight Titan three pieces 22cm 3 rte. Implant 12/30/19. Dr. Prichart in Tulsa. Was 7.5 girth and 8 inch long After surgery so far 7.0 girth and 7.5 inch long. Doin well ninety pumps to Max him out.

Return to “Implants”