Cycling soreness. Penoscrotal or infrapubic incision.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
FreddyFree

Cycling soreness. Penoscrotal or infrapubic incision.

Postby FreddyFree » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:56 pm

I was wondering given the two types of incisions.

Which incision produces the most soreness when initially cycling pump? Infrapubic or penoscrotal?
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

ED2013

Re: Cycling soreness. Penoscrotal or infrapubic incision.

Postby ED2013 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:03 pm

I had infrapubic and no soreness at incision when cycling.

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:19 pm

There should be no soreness at the incision when cycling. If you experience soreness at the incision, then this is a bad sign.
The soreness at cycling should be at tip of the cylinders (at the glans), the sides of the shaft and sometimes at the bottom of the shaft too. Sometime, I expected soreness in my balls as I pump.

Matt

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:29 pm

I have experienced both. Sounds counterintuitive, but except my first penoscrotal one (was horrible), they were done in a way that I felt much better at early time than the infrapubic.

It had barely any scrotal inflammation for the infrapubic surgery, but the sensitivity was the worst. I needed to postpone the cycling 2 extra weeks since when the doctor tried to activate the pump, I had almost tears coming down. I did not complain, but he saw my face, and noticed that it was not ready yet.

On the other hand, for the last one, I follow Dr. Eid’s instructions to the “T”, and at day 3 I was able to activate.

ThePlumber
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:43 pm

ThePlumber1964 wrote: for the last one, I follow Dr. Eid’s instructions to the “T”, and at day 3 I was able to activate.

Were Dr Eid's instructions the six items on his list "Post Operative Instructions for the Penile Implant"?
That's what they sent me.

Hope I can do the same.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:54 pm

Yes, that is the document. I found out that staying horizontal those recommended days made the difference. Since you will stay with the catheter, not standing for urinating is something that will eliminate most of the potential reasons to stand up from bed.

Since I stayed at NYC at my son’s apartment, there was no tub. However, I got from Walgreens the King Size electric pad heater that can be damped. I use it religiously at a minimum 3 times a day for 40 minuets as instructed, in leu of the hot tub baths. Man, it made me feel so comfortable!!! I actually felt the day-by-day healing progression.

ThePlumber
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:39 pm

My incision was penoscrotal and I have had no soreness at the incision site when cycling. At 11 weeks post-op I have what I would call a mild ache in my glans, but totally tolerable.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:12 pm

ThePlumber1964 wrote: I got from Walgreens the King Size electric pad heater that can be damped.
Thanks for the tip on that, I put one in my travel bag.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:10 pm

warrenw wrote:
ThePlumber1964 wrote: I got from Walgreens the King Size electric pad heater that can be damped.
Thanks for the tip on that, I put one in my travel bag.

No problem, sir. That’s my main reason to stay around after being fixed: to pay back to FT what it gave me, by helping fellow cyberbrothers that are going through what I already endured.

BTW: they have two versions; the basic one, which you can wash it’s removable cover, and one that can be disconnected from the temperature controller (which has 4 levels and the basic has only 3), and it totally machine washable. The latter, at least here in Florida, is on sale, and is covered with a fluffy material, which I find very comfortable.

Also, its material can hold more moisture, hence the effect of humid heat is very effective and soothing. Just be mindful that everyone has a different temperature tolerance, so you can initially set it at the highest level, and decrease it to a level you can tolerate it. I personally was able to incrementally tolerate it to the high setting. Anyway, the hot tub was going to be as hot as that temperature...

nbriley

Postby nbriley » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:29 am

I was desheathed, still have stitches in after 4 weeks, Tuesday was exactly 4 weeks post opt and I have no pain, swelling or soreness at this point. Last night I decided to try to pump up and it was hard at first But managed to get several pumps in and felt the expansion and was happy to see results but also felt the pressure from the tip to my sac, no pain but some soreness, I left it as is overnight and this morning I will deflate and try again, at 4 weeks I feel I’m healing faster than expected and will see Dr Hakky in another 2 weeks.
I’m taking it slow but feel comfortable with my implant and ease of use with th Ams Cx
Pump, pills and Trimix no longer work
Surgery November 7, 2017 Dr Hakky. AMS CX

Return to “Implants”