First home injection...back to the uro!

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
Larry10625

Re: First home injection...back to the uro!

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:16 am

4jacres wrote:My new prescription is ready for pick up today. The doc changed the formula up a bit and we are going to start with 10 units and go from there. The pain I was feeling was from the formula and not the injection. The two injections themselves have gone well. Standing, walking, sitting, cold compress, did nothing to help my last injection. Hopefully the adjustments will do the trick. Still marching forward!
Cost so far... self pay/no insurance
1st Urologist visit/consultation............................$166
2nd vist with training session and first injection $292
3rd visit for checkup after prolonged erection....$93
Total before prescription and syringe cost..........$551

God I love my country. :)

Larry

Cigar56

Postby Cigar56 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:56 am

4jacres wrote:My new prescription is ready for pick up today. The doc changed the formula up a bit and we are going to start with 10 units and go from there. The pain I was feeling was from the formula and not the injection. The two injections themselves have gone well. Standing, walking, sitting, cold compress, did nothing to help my last injection. Hopefully the adjustments will do the trick. Still marching forward!
Cost so far... self pay/no insurance
1st Urologist visit/consultation............................$166
2nd vist with training session and first injection $292
3rd visit for checkup after prolonged erection....$93
Total before prescription and syringe cost..........$551

This is actually not bad. I've heard of guys going to the so-called "Men's Clinics" and spending more than $1,000 on the first visit.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

4jacres

Postby 4jacres » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:16 pm

Cigar56
Yes, I am not really complaining, especially if I can get this all dialed in after 7 years of ED since post surgery. I state the cost because I have seen very little out there on what the total cost can run. I know it will vary depending on location and medical personnel/clinic/office. Just to let everyone know, I found my injection uro through a compounding pharmacy that referenced him. He is actually a PA that works for the clinic but I had to see the urologist first for the consultation and Q and A. ($166). The PA charged the $292 for the training visit and the starter injection. I may have jumped the gun when I went back after my first home injection. I didnt want to take a chance after the 5 hour erection. That cost me an additional $93. May could have saved money if I went straight to the PA but I don't know if that was an option. Anyway...I am taking this low and slow until I get the desired results. Hopefully this will help others who are contemplating this type of therapy.
61 yrs. DaVinci R.P. in 2010 Nerve sparing but damaged.
VED therapy after surgery, ED pills were ineffective. 18 month Trimix user.

Return to “Injections”