Some advice regarding positioning upright - and also infections

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Larry10625

Re: Some advice regarding positioning upright - and also infections

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:55 am

MrVenousLeak wrote:Hi guys, this is my first post here and I'm very grateful already for all the advice I've gleaned by reading your posts so far. Its a very valuable insight for someone like me becuase my implant surgery has been a very lonely experience.

Today is day 10 post my implant surgery. Could I ask whether you think its important to keep my penis in tighter underwear and positioned upright if I want it to come out straight? I say this becuase to date I am pointing to the right by a good 45 degrees (if not more) and I'm a little paranoid that once all the swelling does down I may have a permanent slant to the right. I note that I've had tighter boxers and positioned upright and straight since the operation until yesterday. Yesterday I went commando and so much of the pain in my ball bag has diminished because of this I think. I'd like to go commando to relieve the pain but am paranoid that the skew to the right will stay that way if I dont "train" it straight by stapping it upright and vertical in my boxers. My surgeon has pumped it to about 20% I'd say and its so painful I cant realy do much with my apparatus for now other than to strap it.

I note that becuase of my terrible ordeal (I've written it below if anyones interested but dont feel compelled to read if its boring:), I went back to the surgeon and he told me there was no way of knowing if the skew to the right will straighten until all the swelling goes. He noted that during the operation as he was testing it he felt the inflated result was really good and that I'd be quite happy with the end result.

Thanks guys.

If you are interested in reading, I'd also note my ordeal below:

1) I have had complete black and purple bruising on almost the entire area starting from my lower abdomen to almost the top of my knees. There is almost no white skin left. The swelling is so large my ball bag is the size of a large grapefruit and until a few days ago my penis was so swollen it was about 5 times its natuaral size. By way of background, two years ago, aged 40, I had a massive stroke (without warning and nobody can figure out why). Consequently I am on two different blood thinners. The effect of the thinners has meant my bruising and swelling is enormous.

2) I am breaking out in terrible sweats and chills. Low range fever/temperature, mostly at night and terrible fatigue.

3) Up until today (Day 10 post op), unbearable pain that wouldn't stop even with painkillers. Only stops hurting if I'm completely lying down.

4) Because of the severe bruising and fevers, I went back to the surgeon on day 7. He examined the wound and said there is no sign of infection despite it looking really bad. He has taken me off one of the blood thinners and said he believes the operation went well and I will heal alright in a few weeks despite the extreme bruising and swelling. I note he performs at least 1-2 implant surgeries a week, has his own youtube videos on implants and appears very knowleagable in the subject.

5) I went to my GP regarding the fevers and sweats and he has put me on antibiotics in case there is some residual infection going on.

Good morning Mr. Leak;
You MUST listen to what I am about to tell you. Not only was I a paramedic for 15 years but near the end of March 2017 I was implanted with a AMS implant I had bruising almost as bad as you (mine did not go on my legs except the groin part. Near the end of April, my bruising was gone but I was still swollen and pain was still hanging around. I had low grade fever on and off so I never paid much attention to it. Then my wife told me that I had to call my local urologist (he was doing all my post-op care) because I was hallucinating. Knowing what I know from work, I got scared. I got into Dr. Woods immediately (nice name eh? ;) He told me to get on the phone immediately and talk to Dr. Brock. I learned that he called him before I did. He was booked solid for that day in surgery but made an appointment for 24 hours later (that's good cause it's a 7 hour drive and my wife had to drive because I permanently destroyed my back from work I can't do long distances as the driver anymore... so she had to book the time off. The next day I had an appointment with the surgeon. Again he was booked for the rest of that day and so were the OR's but he admitted me and at 7:00am the next morning he took me to the OR and removed my implant, I was in septic shock. It was the only way to save my life... I learned that my condition was critical at the time of surgery. I have to wait a full 6 months before he could try again. Dec 14th is my date. I can't wait but I am VERY LUCKY TO BE ALIVE. Now, for you, if you have a fever now or ever until you are fully healed go to your doctor or Emergency Department. What is your pulse? Do you have a medical history? This is a life threatening emergency and you could lose you life or implant. Don't screw around with this. Ask your doctor to draw blood and check to ensure everything is fine. Changing vital signs is one sign of infection but the only definitive way is checking lab results. Simple infections will change to sepsis if not properly treated. I would like to say that I am not trying to scare you but, that would be a lie. I am trying as hard as I can (and being truthful) to scare the shit out of you so you will seek medical attention. If you would rather talk privately or have questions, feel free to PM me. :)

Larry

MrVenousLeak

Postby MrVenousLeak » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:26 pm

Thanks Larry. I will get to my GP today and tell him exactly what you said. I will also call the urgologist's secretary and ask to speak to him. I appreciate your advice very much.
43 years old, ED starting from late 30's. Venous Leak confirmed.
Implanted with AMS700 on 20 November 2017

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:21 pm

Great posting and advice, Larry!
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:18 am

Hey Mr. Leak,

Any update on your symptoms? I am really worried about your situation. Please keep us updated!

ThePlumber
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

MrVenousLeak

Postby MrVenousLeak » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:53 am

Thanks for your concern Plumber. I can say I am absolutely exhausted and fatigued in addition to the sweats and sometimes chills. I sit on the couch and can find myself dropping off to sleep all the time with total exhaustion. It seems weird 11 days out to be so knocked about from things.

I went and saw my GP. He ordered some blood and urine tests to determine whether it may be related to some other problem I'm not aware of. He's continued me on anti biotics.

I then spoke with the urologist surgeon on the phone. He told me that with all the heavy bruising and hematoma, he expects that I might find myself a bit flushed and dehydrated as the body tries to deal with healing. He told me he agrees with the GP to continue with the anti biotics and to see him in about 5 days time. Whilst I noted Larry's concern regarding fevers and the swelling not reducing being symptoms of the infection, the surgeon said that in his experience if infections are present the wound site itself should show some symptoms. I coudn't argue despite trying to explain what you guys had told me. He also said that as he had inspected my surgical site only 4 days prior and it looked clean, and because at the time he checked me I had no problems with body temperature or blood pressure or heart rate, he felt it was just a matter of letting the body fight through the brusing and swelling. I noted to him that the blood drain wound is oozing out blood and I'm 11 days post op. He asked if it was a very dark sludgy type of blood and I noted it was. He told me this was fine as it was not blood internally, but rather sludgy trapped blood under the skin from the hematoma that was now coming out. I was a bit confused with that and last night went to a local medical centre and the doctor and nurse there looked at it and said exactly the same thing.

I feel it's all I can do at this time. At least I hope things will work out. Sometimes its hard to argue with a surgeon. Here in my country it seems there are only a couple of them who do this surgery regularly and so I'm limited to whom I go to. Frankly I'd love to have access to an Eid or Perito or Kramer but I'm on the other side of the world.

I am very appreciative of your concern and touched that you guys are so supportive.

Cheers

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:13 am

MrVenousLeak wrote:Thanks for your concern Plumber. I can say I am absolutely exhausted and fatigued in addition to the sweats and sometimes chills. I sit on the couch and can find myself dropping off to sleep all the time with total exhaustion. It seems weird 11 days out to be so knocked about from things.

I went and saw my GP. He ordered some blood and urine tests to determine whether it may be related to some other problem I'm not aware of. He's continued me on anti biotics.

I then spoke with the urologist surgeon on the phone. He told me that with all the heavy bruising and hematoma, he expects that I might find myself a bit flushed and dehydrated as the body tries to deal with healing. He told me he agrees with the GP to continue with the anti biotics and to see him in about 5 days time. Whilst I noted Larry's concern regarding fevers and the swelling not reducing being symptoms of the infection, the surgeon said that in his experience if infections are present the wound site itself should show some symptoms. I coudn't argue despite trying to explain what you guys had told me. He also said that as he had inspected my surgical site only 4 days prior and it looked clean, and because at the time he checked me I had no problems with body temperature or blood pressure or heart rate, he felt it was just a matter of letting the body fight through the brusing and swelling. I noted to him that the blood drain wound is oozing out blood and I'm 11 days post op. He asked if it was a very dark sludgy type of blood and I noted it was. He told me this was fine as it was not blood internally, but rather sludgy trapped blood under the skin from the hematoma that was now coming out. I was a bit confused with that and last night went to a local medical centre and the doctor and nurse there looked at it and said exactly the same thing.

I feel it's all I can do at this time. At least I hope things will work out. Sometimes its hard to argue with a surgeon. Here in my country it seems there are only a couple of them who do this surgery regularly and so I'm limited to whom I go to. Frankly I'd love to have access to an Eid or Perito or Kramer but I'm on the other side of the world.

I am very appreciative of your concern and touched that you guys are so supportive.

Cheers

OK, now I am really concerned. Sweats, pain, swelling, are symptoms of infection. Yes, he is correct that usually the wound looks infected as well but, my wound never changed and I had a life threatening infection. Keep an eye on your temp. If it goes up (over 104) and you still have pain and swelling, go to your emergency department. That oozing you were describing, I had as well and your doc is probably right... I had a pretty big hematoma and after a few days of that crap oozing, my hematoma was looking a lot better. Try taking some sits baths with Epsom salt and the water as warm as you can tolerate and ice your balls with a cold pack of frozen peas or corn. No more than 20 minutes every few hours. If you go much longer than that you risk damaging the tissue. Pain and swelling should decrease not increase.

Larry

MrVenousLeak

Postby MrVenousLeak » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:02 am

Thanks Larry. I'm monitoring my temperature almost every hour now to check how I'm going. Im generally now at about 37.5c degress which I think is about 99.5 in USA/Can.

The swelling is reducing a bit in my pubic bone area and dick but my ball bag is really swollen still.The pain is as bad as after the operation.

One of the things that ive noticed is the chills and sweats only come at night - like 7pm onwards. In the morning and during the day I'm fine as far as temperature goes.

Presumably the antibiotic should assist if there is any infection there yes? What other rememdy is there? Demand to have the implant removed now? I'm just a little bewildered

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:08 am

MrVenousLeak wrote:Thanks Larry. I'm monitoring my temperature almost every hour now to check how I'm going. Im generally now at about 37.5c degress which I think is about 99.5 in USA/Can.

The swelling is reducing a bit in my pubic bone area and dick but my ball bag is really swollen still.The pain is as bad as after the operation.

One of the things that ive noticed is the chills and sweats only come at night - like 7pm onwards. In the morning and during the day I'm fine as far as temperature goes.

Presumably the antibiotic should assist if there is any infection there yes? What other rememdy is there? Demand to have the implant removed now? I'm just a little bewildered

Don't give up yet my friend, it sounds like things are getting better. A fever under 104 is a low grade and doesn't really mean much as long as it's not going up. Night sweats could just be from fatigue. My bag was swollen for a long time too (even before the infection started I'm sure) The guys on here will tell you, it just takes time. Keep that bag of peas or corn on there for 20 minutes every 2 hours until it starts to go down and stay down. Take the pain killers and stay in bed doing nothing for a while. When this thing is all healed up and you start using it, you won't even care about the hell you're going through now.

Hang in there :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”