Athletic Activity After Penile Implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RoboDobo

Athletic Activity After Penile Implant

Postby RoboDobo » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:02 pm

After allowing proper healing time, is there any athletic activity that I cannot do - heavy weight lifting - running - eliptical machine - golf - racquetball? Any experience that any of you robo brothers have had with this topic would be greatly appreciated.
Prostate surgery Feb 2016. Penile implant Jan 2018 Coloplast

pumpitup

Re: Athletic Activity After Penile Implant

Postby pumpitup » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:48 am

I was much younger when I had my first implant done, I had my own gym set up at home, the only thing I found difficult to do was back raisers. The equipment I had, had a padded cushion that went across your lower abdomen crutch area, which you laid on facing down, with your heals locked in behind you, you then bent forward at the hips, untill your upper body was at right angles to your legs, you would then raise your torso to horizontal. This movement would put extreme pressure on my lower abdoman and resivour( it would become quite painfull) I think it moved from the original position, because I could allways feel the tubing comming down to the pump and it felt like it was pulling my penis to one side, however couldn't have done any damage as it lasted a long time.
AMS 700cx (18cm) implanted 1993,failed Aug 2017, Surgeon Professor Peter Heathcoat, Brisbane. Revision done on 16-10-17 with Titan (22+1) Surgeon A/Professor Eric Chung, Brisbane. I live on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia. Borne 1951.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:53 am

RoboDobo wrote:After allowing proper healing time, is there any athletic activity that I cannot do - heavy weight lifting - running - eliptical machine - golf - racquetball? Any experience that any of you robo brothers have had with this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Please create a signature. It makes things much easier to answer your questions without asking a lot of questions. Here's how you do it
Click on your name in the top right corner and select "user control panel"

Then under the big letters "User Control Panel" there is a row of words... select "Profile"

Then down the left had side of the "User Control Panel" select "Edit Signature" (You might have Create Signature or something. I don't know exactly what you'll get because I already have a signature to edit)

Most guys put something like what I have, but you can put whatever you want. Here is mine -
"AMS 700 (18 + 2 rte's). Implanted March 30, 2017 by Dr. Brock of London, Ont, CANADA. Great surgeon. Went in to septic shock and had to have implant removed April 29, 2017. I'm from Belleville, Ontario, CANADA. Appt. for consult for second attempt is on November 6, 2017... I can't wait."

Don't get too carried away with the doctor like his name, address, phone number, etc (anything that looks like advertising for him).. you can certainly say Dr. Jones (great Dr.)

If you need further help, please ask, that's what I'm here for.

Larry

AirWolf

Postby AirWolf » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:08 pm

I've done all of my previous activities, though it's not as comfortable nor can I go as fast as I did before -- the primary issue being in running or biking my legs are close together, and the opposing movement of legs causes the scrotum to be jostled which slightly rubs the testicles against the pump. It's not painful (I'm almost 12 weeks now) just an awkward, slightly discomfortable sensation. I started running at week 4 and weeks 4-8 I would have moments of random, acute pain in scrotum so it is improving. I haven't tried a jock strap yet, but something that holds the scrotum up so it isn't jostled by the legs may solve this issue -- I'll give that a go soon
ED since 35 with no known cause -- injections successful for over a decade with 10/1/30 and less than 20units but that became ineffective. Implanted penoscratally by Dr. Kramer of Baltimore on 9/13/17 with AMS 700 LGX 21cm + 0.5cm RTE at 47 years old

RoboDobo

Postby RoboDobo » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:37 pm

Thank you both for the input. Gave me some ideas (jock strap - first one in 30 years - but make sense) Maybe a nuts cage LOL
Prostate surgery Feb 2016. Penile implant Jan 2018 Coloplast

AirWolf

Postby AirWolf » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:41 pm

RoboDobo,

One of the underwear suggestions on this site is UFM (underwear for men), so I bought a few pair of their sports underwear. It is basically a nuts cage, lol, as you suggested. There's a pouch with a drawstring so you can cinch up and contain the scrotum. It works pretty well and is basically underwear with an integrated jock strap. I have to point the shaft of the penis up with any type of compression since the tubing forces the base of the penis to want to be more up than down and down compressed is much more uncomfortable than up compressed.

I've mountain biked and run with these and it works pretty well; better than compression shorts since it pulls the scrotum up and contains it, rather than just compressing it.
ED since 35 with no known cause -- injections successful for over a decade with 10/1/30 and less than 20units but that became ineffective. Implanted penoscratally by Dr. Kramer of Baltimore on 9/13/17 with AMS 700 LGX 21cm + 0.5cm RTE at 47 years old

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:10 pm

AirWolf wrote:I've mountain biked and run with these and it works pretty well; better than compression shorts since it pulls the scrotum up and contains it, rather than just compressing it.

AirWolf, how's the mtn biking with the implant compared to before? Biking is my sport and I'm really hoping for no bad side effects from the implant.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

AirWolf

Postby AirWolf » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:24 pm

Previously the flaccid penis could just "be", but now I am more aware of it. My first few rides were a bit uncomfortable as my thighs would compress the scrotum while pedaling and cause discomfort between the testicles and pump. Underwear that contains the scrotum helps a lot. I don't know what to do with the shaft though, but pointing up is more comfortable than down and fairly tolerable. I'm terrified of going over my handlebars though (not totally unlikely with mtn biking), and pointing the shaft up seems safer for that.

I think in time sensitivity between testicles and pump will decrease. I'm at 3 months and it is already tolerable though not perfect, but good enough.

Pressure on the scrotum from the seat and thighs was uncomfortable and hindered performance, but wearing something that negates that pressure helps a lot.

Good Luck!

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:56 pm

My excessive routine is elliptical and swimming laps. I don't feel any difference compared to what I felt prior to getting my implant.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:29 pm

Thanks for the positive feedback guys, makes me feel better. I'm willing to accept a new normal on the bike and work to make it the best it can be. I see Dr Eid this week, not anxious anymore, just looking forward to this new experience and working through the recovery.

Return to “Implants”