Sizing of implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Limpbizcit

Sizing of implant

Postby Limpbizcit » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:23 am

Hello everyone! I've been reading a lot on this forum and its helped me come to my decision to have the surgery. Of course i have concerns, mainly being size and infection. My question about size is how does a doctor determine which size implant to use? I have read stretching your flacid penis is the best you can hope for. Is this true? When i inject (the times that it works) I'm bigger than my stretched flacid state. I've read post where people have not lost any length. I'm not looking for a return to my college years. Just want to keep what i have now.
Age 47. ED for over 20 years. Diagnosed with Hypogonadism. Pills and trimix do not work consistently. Implanted with 24cm AMS CX 12/12/17. Infected implant removed and replaced with AMS Spectra 2/18/18. Implanted with 26CM Titan 10/02/18. So far so good.

ThePlumber1964

Re: Sizing of implant

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:05 am

That is a question you should ask really early to the potential surgeons that you are considering. There are some which follow the injection method as their standard operating procedure. Others refuse to do it; even refuse patients if they request to have the injection performed during the initial consultation.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Limpbizcit

Postby Limpbizcit » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:02 pm

I spoke with him about it briefly. But i have an appointment Monday and will address all my issues at that point. Just wanted the opinion of people who have gone where I'm going.
Age 47. ED for over 20 years. Diagnosed with Hypogonadism. Pills and trimix do not work consistently. Implanted with 24cm AMS CX 12/12/17. Infected implant removed and replaced with AMS Spectra 2/18/18. Implanted with 26CM Titan 10/02/18. So far so good.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:12 pm

My surgeon told me the best I could hope for was my stretched flaccid size. I questioned him on it because when I would be very relaxed and just play with my dick, it would be 1/2” longer than my stretched flaccid length. He repeated the best he could confidently hope for was the stretched size.

When I first got pumped up it was about that size and I figured I got what he told me. As I healed and began pumping more, it got longer. My pre-implant stretched length was 4.5”. Now at 10 weeks post-op my fully pumped length is just shy of 6”. This is shy of my younger days by 1/2”, but I am ecstatic compared to the 4.5” I was expecting. I had Peyronies and I wonder if that somehow affected my stretched length and once that issue was eradicated my shaft was easier to stretch. I know nothing about it so not sure. My doc tells me with time I can expect more size Increase with my AMS LGX so I just may end up back where I once was.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:25 pm

The only measurement that really counts, and that the surgeon relies on to select the cylinder (and RTE if any) length, is the internal measurement made with a gauge after the initial incision is made. Any other measurement, i.e. stretch test or injection, is just an estimate.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Limpbizcit

Postby Limpbizcit » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:20 pm

Thanks for the replies. My stretched flacid would be an improvement over whats happening now so I'm starting to get over that.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:26 pm

dg_moore wrote:The only measurement that really counts, and that the surgeon relies on to select the cylinder (and RTE if any) length, is the internal measurement made with a gauge after the initial incision is made. Any other measurement, i.e. stretch test or injection, is just an estimate.

Exactly Dave. The methods that people are telling you are just guestimates. Only open, on the table, can they tell for sure. Understand this.... even if it's only 2", if it's hard and you are able to have sex with it, 2" hard is better than 7 limp inches.

Larry

Jamesbond

Postby Jamesbond » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:36 pm

It also depends on fat pad. But I kind of got confused because I saw 2 Dr's. One told me he gives measurement to tip of head other gives measurement to base if implant. Maybe I heard wrong. Think he was promoting himself over other guy who is better and more know for implants. He wanted the work.
I found out size of the implant that each Dr was going to use. Figured that was better way to determine who I would be larger. Also ask if using RTE's. Only U realy can compare.
Think that is also a good idea.
Good luck
Bond
Thinking of getting implant. Have not done it because of the length I
have lost.
50, Straight, I miss women

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:47 pm

Remember also that (at least this is what I conclude from what I have heard from pretty reliable sources) that therecare rwo reasons to use RTEs (rear tip extenders).

To adjust the length of the total implant.

To position the pump. AMS implants' tubing is pre-connected from the factory, so adjustment of how much slack there is depends on the incision locatio, the depth of the crus (which cannot be determined before making the incision in the corpora) Coloplast devices' tubing is connected during surgery, so may have less of an issue here.

These conclusions are a bit more than speculation, but fall short of authoritatively sourced, so if anyone has a correction for mr, PLEASE let me know.

In my case, with an 18+3 device, I have a pump position fairly low in my scrotum. With a 21 cm device, I would have had the pump a bit more than an inch higher up (1 inch = 2.54 cm)
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:03 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:Remember also that (at least this is what I conclude from what I have heard from pretty reliable sources) that therecare rwo reasons to use RTEs (rear tip extenders).

To adjust the length of the total implant.

To position the pump. AMS implants' tubing is pre-connected from the factory, so adjustment of how much slack there is depends on the incision locatio, the depth of the crus (which cannot be determined before making the incision in the corpora) Coloplast devices' tubing is connected during surgery, so may have less of an issue here.

These conclusions are a bit more than speculation, but fall short of authoritatively sourced, so if anyone has a correction for mr, PLEASE let me know.

In my case, with an 18+3 device, I have a pump position fairly low in my scrotum. With a 21 cm device, I would have had the pump a bit more than an inch higher up (1 inch = 2.54 cm)

Bingo! I have a 21cm LGX and the pump is high. Getting it fixed on 12/13. I know my doc wanted to give me the best shot at regaining as much of the length that I lost from the prostatectomy as possible. And I'm pretty sure I'll get back to my old length of 5-1/2+", so I'm okay with the call. Just a bit of a bummer to have another recovery and to have to break in a new pump, but when it's all over, I'll have the perfect dick. (At least as perfect as mine can get :lol: )

Bob 2.3
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Return to “Implants”