Titan Touch location

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
MikeAN

Titan Touch location

Postby MikeAN » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:56 am

I was hoping some of my bionic brothers would have some words of wisdom for me. I’m 23 days post surgery, implanted with a Titan and Titan Touch pump. I’m still in the process of healing with some scrotum swelling. I can only resolve my pump if I take a warm bath. My pump bottom is horizontally in-line with the bottom of my testicles, which I believe is a little on the high side. I have tried to feel for the release valve but can’t figure what orientation it is in on top of the pump because of swelling and scar tissue in front of the scrotum from the implant surgery.

Has anyone in a similar situation figured out to push the release valve with a high pump location? I m sure I can pump but don’t want to try until I know I can deflate. An tips you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
1950. Implanted November 1st 2017 by Dr Andrew Kramer with Titian 22cm + 2cm RTE. Pump relocated and replace with Classic pump Jan. 24th, 2018. Pump failure 12/18, Replaced 2/13/19 by Dr Kramer. Revision by Dr Clavell, Feb 28, 2024.

Larry10625

Re: Titan Touch location

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:29 am

MikeAN wrote:I was hoping some of my bionic brothers would have some words of wisdom for me. I’m 23 days post surgery, implanted with a Titan and Titan Touch pump. I’m still in the process of healing with some scrotum swelling. I can only resolve my pump if I take a warm bath. My pump bottom is horizontally in-line with the bottom of my testicles, which I believe is a little on the high side. I have tried to feel for the release valve but can’t figure what orientation it is in on top of the pump because of swelling and scar tissue in front of the scrotum from the implant surgery.

Has anyone in a similar situation figured out to push the release valve with a high pump location? I m sure I can pump but don’t want to try until I know I can deflate. An tips you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike, keep pulling downward on your pump to ensure it settles on the bottom of your scrotum where your testicles are. Not being able to find the release is VERY common. Before I lost my implant, I could not find it at 30 days post implant. You will basically have to wait for all the swelling to go away. Keep frozen peas or corn on your scrotum to get the swelling down, and don't forget to tug, a lot. :)

Larry

BustedBob

Postby BustedBob » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:28 am

As Larry says, give it time. At 23 days you’re still early doors and with the swelling your pump is not in the position it will be once things have settled down. I was 6 weeks before I could be activated because of swelling.
ED 20 plus years-venous leakage, Peyronies for the last 3 years.
Implanted October 2017 at UCLH London, England. Titan Touch.

MikeAN

Postby MikeAN » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:21 am

Thanks Larry and Bob for sharing your thoughts. It’s good to know that my situation is not unique.
Cheers,
Mike
1950. Implanted November 1st 2017 by Dr Andrew Kramer with Titian 22cm + 2cm RTE. Pump relocated and replace with Classic pump Jan. 24th, 2018. Pump failure 12/18, Replaced 2/13/19 by Dr Kramer. Revision by Dr Clavell, Feb 28, 2024.

BillinAL

Postby BillinAL » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:43 pm

Mike,
I am exactly four months post op today from my revision. My pump has remained high - bottom of pump bulb about level with bottom of testicles. Dr. Kramer thinks I had a hematoma that moved the pump to the high position. I tried for some time to pull down on the pump but it adhered to something and stayed high. I had an infection in part of the incision so really was not able to begin cycling until very recently recently. It is not very hard to pump but the release is pretty difficult because that end of the pump is almost at the top of my scrotum. It is a little easier in a hot tub of water.
I initially thought I would have another revision, but after all the problems with this one, I figured that though it is much more difficult to operate then my original implant, I will just stay with what I have since I now realize that things can go wrong and I could potentially be in a worse situation. It is not convenient but is workable.

Bill
75 years old, Severe ED since Robotic Prostatectomy in 2010. Titan implanted 2014 by Dr Milam. Titan failed (tubing leak near cylinder) May 2017. Revision by Dr. Kramer on 7/26/17. Replaced cylinders and pump - upsized to 22 cm Titan, 1 cm RTE.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:13 pm

What’s going on with all these cases of high pump location during the last months?!?!
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

firstcav46

Postby firstcav46 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:53 am

At 6-weeks post-op, I just started cycling and I’m also having difficulty locating and operating the release on my Coloplast Titan. (Pumping is no problem.)
Making matters worse in operating the release is the fact that I have a very small scrotum. I usually have to apply heat to loosen my scrotum to get a better grip, but still it’s difficult, and right now it’s pretty painful. And I’m not able to get a good enough release for a real flaccid state.
I hope I haven’t waited too late to start the cycling because I’m reading on the forum that guys started weeks ahead of me.
71. Married 35 yrs to sexy woman; ED at 62; pills/injections eventual fails; AMS implant 5/29/14 (Dr. Milam); yr later - severe burning, pain around shaft on inflation. Remove & replace with Coloplast Titan 10/18/17 (Dr. Kramer).
Auburn, Ala.

bbb2.5

Postby bbb2.5 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:05 am

At 24 weeks your still healing. It is common for most guys to have trouble locating the release value. I personally think it is much to small of a tab to find. One of the main things is that you should be pulling down on your entire pump at least twice a day if not more. You cannot damage it. Are still still icing? Most guys do not follow through with the direction giving to them by their doctors. As for Migration of pumps, just happen, and there is not much that can be done about that, other than opening up and fixing the problem. Most Doctors will not do that. Once healed you should be able to locate it or least fill it somewhat. There might be some discomfort as you begin to squeeze the valve. It will be okay in the end. You will be able to operate the pump and release valve. Look at the end result...You can achieve a nice erection now once you are head. Question...Have you discussed this with your Doctor yet ?
Michael, Coloplast Patient Educator.

MikeAN

Postby MikeAN » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:39 am

Michael,
How do you pull down on the pump if you can't get your fingers around it?
Thanks,
Mike

Robocock444

Postby Robocock444 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:42 am

All your symptoms are normal, if you are a bleeder. I've had them all including a topical staph infection. 8 weeks is probably a reasonable starting point for pump pulling, scrotum stretching/inflating/deflating. It's not the optimal early cycling now popular, but its your reality and u r not alone. Your scrotum could take months to clear up completrly, but it will. But you will find a way to use the goods very soon. And when you do, most guys just squeeze both ends of the titan pump cuz in the early, unhealed stages it's hard to tell which end the button is on. And don't forget to squeeze your penis at the same time to help completely deflate. The titan boys usually put a couple pumps back in till it's comfortable. Good luck.
2 LGX Failures. 1 Titan failure. Best Dr's in Ct. cause much pain and swelling. Saw Dr Eid and had Titan 24 +1 installed. No pain or swelling. Back in business in 14 days !

Return to “Implants”