Comparison AMS 700™ CX & Coloplast™ Titan

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
nudist

Re: Comparison AMS 700™ CX & Coloplast™ Titan

Postby nudist » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:23 pm

thanks for that.
updated: 70 y.o., implanted with titan nov. 3 by Dr. Brady in orlando to correct peyronies. 20 cm with 3 cm RTEs. due to the severity of the peyronies, some internal excisions were made scrotally, recovery will probably take a little longer.

robertm

Postby robertm » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:08 am

I'm pre-implant and doing my research. I watched the pro-Coloplast video posted by TomW46. From what I've heard, the only downside to the Titan is that the flaccid appearance is not as natural looking as the AMS. Are there any other downsides? Is anyone willing to share photos of a flaccid Titan and a flaccid AMS? Thanks.
60 yrs old. Gradually worsening ED for 10 years. Pills and trimix not working well anymore. Will need an implant in the near future.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:10 pm

Hello there,

I have had (for several reasons unnecessary to be discussed now) four implants. The first three were AMS, LGX and CX, and the current one is a Titan. The fact is that AMS, in the deflated mode, does shrink more that the Titan does. I guess that for “growers”, it may feel and resembles more to the appearance of their flaccid one prior to implantation; that would not be the case for the “showers”.

I consider myself a “grower”, so it does have that effect on me. I guess, based on anecdotal information, that it is a matter of time to get used to it. Also, at least in my case, neither of the AMS were able to fully give me back my pre-op dimensions, even using the largest models (see signature for details).

Today it has been a week since I was last implanted with the Titan, and I was able to start cycling since Saturday per my doctor’s instructions, So, after 5 days of cycling, I can tell you that I am already pretty close to the original dimensions (7.25” L x 6.5” G). I am sure I will get back within months.

Also, the shape of the shaft is considerably impacted. All AMS gave me a oval/flat shape. Thus far, the Titan is way more tubular, hence giving me back my old shape.
Last edited by ThePlumber1964 on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:15 pm

ThePlumber1964 wrote:Hello there,

I have had (for several reasons unnecessary to be discussed now) four implants. The first three were AMS, LGX and CX, and the current one is a Titan. The fact is that AMS, in the deflated mode, does shrink more that the Titan does. I guess that for “growers”, it may feel and resembles more to the appearance of their flaccid one prior to implantation; that would not be the case for the “showers”.

I consider myself a “grower”, so it does have that effect on me. I guess, based on anecdotal information, that it is a matter of time to get used to it. Also, at least in my case, neither of the AMS were able to fully give me back my pre-op dimensions, even using the largest models (see signature for details).

Today it has been a week since I was last implanted with the Titan, and I was able to start cycling since Saturday per my doctor’s instructions, So, after 5 days of cycling, I can tell you that I am already pretty close to the original dimensions (7.25” L x 6.5” G). I am sure I will get back within months.

My dr told me to expect about another 1/2 inch, he did not give me a time frame

calixtus

Postby calixtus » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:25 pm

robertm wrote:I'm pre-implant and doing my research. I watched the pro-Coloplast video posted by TomW46. From what I've heard, the only downside to the Titan is that the flaccid appearance is not as natural looking as the AMS. Are there any other downsides? Is anyone willing to share photos of a flaccid Titan and a flaccid AMS? Thanks.

I had AMS700LGX installed on Sept. 7, 2017. I just took these pictures of flacid penis, 5 ½” long from pubic incision (14cm); 5” (12.7cm) girth. This is much bigger and more protuberant than before. A man at the gym today congratulated me on my “endowment.” HaHa—my 11 week endowment. Note that foreskin is still swollen and has not returned to partially covering glans.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (252.81 KiB) Viewed 1492 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (240.94 KiB) Viewed 1492 times
2003 Radical Prostatectomy
2008 AMS 800 Urinary Control System / Dr S Radomski / Toronto Western Hospital
2017, Sept. AMS 700 LGX Dr Dean Elterman / Tor Western Hospital
Geriatric Stud, 75, gay, 24 yrs married to male in open relationship.

firstcav46

Postby firstcav46 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:37 am

I am 6-weeks post-op with the Coloplast Titan in a replace job. I previously had the AMS 700.
Here are the major differences for me:
— The AMS was harder to inflate, but MUCH easier to deflate and return to a more flaccid state.
— The Coloplast Titan is very easy to pump up to a big erection in a flash, but (for me) since I’m in the first few days of cycling (still a little sore and tender in places), it’s difficult to deflate, and I’ve not managed to get to what I would describe as a flaccid state. But I’m working on it.
— However, the No. 1 thing I like about the Titan is that it lives up to its name — certainly as implanted by my surgeon. I have gotten back length and girth that I lost in my first implant with the AMS.
71. Married 35 yrs to sexy woman; ED at 62; pills/injections eventual fails; AMS implant 5/29/14 (Dr. Milam); yr later - severe burning, pain around shaft on inflation. Remove & replace with Coloplast Titan 10/18/17 (Dr. Kramer).
Auburn, Ala.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:04 am

calixtus wrote:
robertm wrote:I'm pre-implant and doing my research. I watched the pro-Coloplast video posted by TomW46. From what I've heard, the only downside to the Titan is that the flaccid appearance is not as natural looking as the AMS. Are there any other downsides? Is anyone willing to share photos of a flaccid Titan and a flaccid AMS? Thanks.

I had AMS700LGX installed on Sept. 7, 2017. I just took these pictures of flacid penis, 5 ½” long from pubic incision (14cm); 5” (12.7cm) girth. This is much bigger and more protuberant than before. A man at the gym today congratulated me on my “endowment.” HaHa—my 11 week endowment. Note that foreskin is still swollen and has not returned to partially covering glans.

Congratulations on your obviously successful surgery. Your foreskin may never return to partially covering your glans because of the implant... personally, I think it looks better without a sweater. :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”