Add Saline?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DougYetii

Add Saline?

Postby DougYetii » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:32 am

Does anyone know if saline can be added to the reservoir without surgery? I suspect not, but thought I'd ask. When I pump completely I get to the point where the pump goes flat. Perfectly good erection, but I'm one of those 'never enough' guys.
Implanted 9/6/2016 by Bruce Garber
Titan 22cm with 1.5 tips.
lost 3/4 inch, gained it back over the year. Currently 6.5l by 6.25g.

Best decision ever!

Greg1956

Re: Add Saline?

Postby Greg1956 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:40 am

Doug,
I have an AMS LGX so my pump may do something different than yours does. When I pimp to full erection my pump gets hard as a rock. After a few minutes I sometimes get another pump or two in, but there comes a point where the bulb of the pump is too hard and full to fill my dick more. At that point my assumption is the cylinders are completely full so the full build has no place to put the extra fluid. It may be that Titan operates differently, but the flat bulb seems odd to me.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:57 am

Could it be that the reservoir capacity is too small for the size of the cylinders, so the reservoir goes dry at full erection? I would inquire of Coloplast about that.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

DougYetii

Postby DougYetii » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:16 pm

Good Point! I'll talk to them. I do get rock hard and it works great.
Implanted 9/6/2016 by Bruce Garber
Titan 22cm with 1.5 tips.
lost 3/4 inch, gained it back over the year. Currently 6.5l by 6.25g.

Best decision ever!

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:20 pm

Is this different from what it was immediately after full recovery from the surgery AND with no increase in erection volume (length and girth)?

Caveat, this below is the worst-case scenario:

If so, a possible cause could be that some fluid has leaked out of the reservoir/tubing/connections/pump/inflatable tubes system. The system is supposed to be closed and allow no loss of fluid. A loss of fluid would result in the ump bulb not refilling after the last squeeze.

If that is the case, sometime in the future (depending on how fast the leak is) you could wind up pumping until the bulb goes flat and achieving a no-quite-full-size erection, progressing to a not quite fully rigid erection and ultimately a soft ereection.

If that is the case, a partial or full revision is probably in your future.

Keep an eye on it. Document in a diary, dates, size, rigidity, other observations. That may help with diagnosing the problem and/or warranty coverage of the device.

Good luck
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:06 am

Greg1956 wrote:Doug,
I have an AMS LGX so my pump may do something different than yours does. When I pimp to full erection my pump gets hard as a rock. After a few minutes I sometimes get another pump or two in, but there comes a point where the bulb of the pump is too hard and full to fill my dick more. At that point my assumption is the cylinders are completely full so the full build has no place to put the extra fluid. It may be that Titan operates differently, but the flat bulb seems odd to me.

Greg, how many pumps are you at when the pump gets too hard to squeeze. I have never reached that point with my LGX. I pumped to 50 once, and the pump still wasn't too hard to squeeze. I'm a little reluctant to pump it more than that. 40 gets me rock hard.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:18 am

Greg, how many pumps are you at when the pump gets too hard to squeeze. I have never reached that point with my LGX. I pumped to 50 once, and the pump still wasn't too hard to squeeze. I'm a little reluctant to pump it more than that. 40 gets me rock hard.[/quote]

Ed,
About 40 gets me rock hard. At that point the pump gets hard to squeeze, but after a short time I can pump again. I would guess about 50 is my max so far. I can't see any difference in my penis with 40 or 50.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:10 am

Greg1956 wrote:Greg, how many pumps are you at when the pump gets too hard to squeeze. I have never reached that point with my LGX. I pumped to 50 once, and the pump still wasn't too hard to squeeze. I'm a little reluctant to pump it more than that. 40 gets me rock hard.

Ed,
About 40 gets me rock hard. At that point the pump gets hard to squeeze, but after a short time I can pump again. I would guess about 50 is my max so far. I can't see any difference in my penis with 40 or 50.

Greg[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback Greg.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

trekfish

Postby trekfish » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:35 pm

needles would create a hole in the reservoir or cylinders which would then leak, they have special needles that won't do that, for port caths, but you need a special stop in the reservoir to prevent the needle from passing through the back of the reservoir.

But you need to talk to your doctor
I'm a c-4 quadriplegic incomplete as of 1/1/11. I'm 66 years old with ed for for 6 years, went to dr. Raphael Carrion at the VA and am waiting for an appointment to perform an implant with a titan. Titan implanted on 12/8/17, 22cm with 1.5 cm rtes.

rockyrocky

Postby rockyrocky » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:30 am

DougYettii

Do you have more information on the flat pump? I have posted about this before. My Titan pump usually goes flat or 'buckles' after about 25 full pumps. After that I am not sure if pumping adds more saline or not. Not sure what is going on.
69 y/o. Radical prostatectomy April 30,2017. Penile implant July 19, 2017 Dr Kramer University of Maryland. Titan 22cm plus 2.5 cm RTE

Return to “Implants”