TT - Dr. EID Consultation

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
treetop

TT - Dr. EID Consultation

Postby treetop » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:12 pm

So today I had my 30 minute video call with Dr. EID this morning.
Price $ 285.00 US

I had sent him information on me, pretty much the same as what is in my sig line link of general info. I really liked him, and enjoyed that we did a video call vs phone so we could see each other.

He explained a lot, much of what I knew from FT, but also some things I did not know.

For example, he does not leave me inflated. He said if penis is inflated, the reservoir will not be expanded, and will get scar tissue that will create pressure when the reservoir is full (penis deflated, and thus can cause the lockout valve to be overridden.

I am sure this is not always the case, just a reason he does it different.

Instead, I will be inflating within 2 to 4 days!! He said during the surgery, they do things in such a way to reduce swelling as much as possible, so there should not be too much.
As far as my erect angle, which I asked about, that depends on how much of the implant is in my body, and not using RTE's. I think I would rather loose a little length and keep my stand up, then be a little longer and point down.

But sounds like he is very aggressive as far as keeping size, and he said we would cover that when I see him.

It does sound like the choice will be a Titan, due to my length and girth. I already had decided that I wanted a Titan, so that should be good. Although he said he will have all models and sizes in the OR so he has a choice.

All in all, I enjoyed speaking with him. He was not rushed, even some moments when neither of us was talking, we went over the 30 minutes a little. I like the man. Very gentle and seems very intent on my outcome being the best it can be.

I chose Dr. EID based on Youtube videos I watched of him talking and explaining things.

Now they contact my insurance. That is the next hurdle.
Stay tuned :)
TT
Treetop -- (TT)
Implant - Pending Medicare in 2024 (I turn 65) -- I am now in planning stages.
My Introduction - http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtop ... =14&t=7775

warrenw

Re: TT - Dr. EID Consultation

Postby warrenw » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:51 pm

Sounds good TT, pretty much confirms my experience with Dr Eid. I'm now in the process of getting the cardiac clearance and other pre-op tests done locally. Keep us posted.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

treetop

Postby treetop » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:37 pm

Thanks Warrenw.

I struggled with this decision, I am past that thanks to this site, and a good talk with Dr. EID.
Now I am feeling excited !!
Treetop -- (TT)

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:13 pm

Damn good doctor. You will be in good hands
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:39 pm

TT

The only thing caught my attention was the cycling in 2 to 4 days. Your may still be bruised and it could be very painfull. I cycled for the first time today 2 weeks and it hurt like hell.

Eaid is a good dr. My dr uses some of his procedures just modified.

treetop

Postby treetop » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:39 pm

hturner12 wrote:TT

The only thing caught my attention was the cycling in 2 to 4 days. Your may still be bruised and it could be very painfull. I cycled for the first time today 2 weeks and it hurt like hell.

Eaid is a good dr. My dr uses some of his procedures just modified.

I agree.. he was talking about doing the procedure in such a way that no blood is left, as it pools and causes swelling, plus some other stuff.. as he tried to explain it.
Basically in 2 days swelling at a min and a hot bath and then I can cycle.

I have not heard of anyone on here doing that, so we shall see. That would be awesome, but I will expect the worst, and hope for best. I will just do what I am told, and refer to FT when in question.
TT
Treetop -- (TT)

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:44 pm

I got my last remaing stich out today my dr told me no hot tub or bath for 2 more weeks, but each doctor is different. If it were me I would want to talk to patients that followed that protcol. Ask for references

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:47 pm

TT, I think most importantly for you and me is being able to comfortably return home to the west coast two days after surgery. Best case that's a 5+ hour flight in first class plus shuttles and walking around at both airports. Dr Eid feels that should not be a problem, and I hope he's right. I think @Tangerine took a flight with fold flat seating, but that's not an option to LAX afaik.

treetop

Postby treetop » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:52 pm

warrenw wrote:TT, I think most importantly for you and me is being able to comfortably return home to the west coast two days after surgery. Best case that's a 5+ hour flight in first class plus shuttles and walking around at both airports. Dr Eid feels that should not be a problem, and I hope he's right. I think @Tangerine took a flight with fold flat seating, but that's not an option to LAX afaik.

Agreed.. Do you have an install date yet ?...

And I am hoping I can at least work from home the week after. Need that cash flowing....
Treetop -- (TT)

Xomanow

Postby Xomanow » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:24 pm

I can't imagine inflating in 2-4 days, especially since the catheter is in until day 3......you may want to double check that......Dr. Eid did mine last January.....I pretty much had a flawless & rapid recovery with minimal swelling and Eid inflated me 2 weeks post op.....
Implanted Jan 4 2017 by Dr. Eid - 70 yo and single...ED gradually over 15 yrs...tired of pills, injections, cock rings....happy with my choice and results. Titan OTR - one 20cm cylinder - one 20cm+1 RTE...."got a rocket in my pocket"....

Return to “Implants”