UroLift

Anything goes when it comes to ED.
robertm

Re: UroLift

Postby robertm » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:26 pm

Tried Flomax. Worked pretty well. However, on Flomax I stopped ejaculating. Don't know why but it freaked me out a little. Went off Flomax and starting ejaculating again. Anyone else experience this on Flomax?
60 yrs old. Gradually worsening ED for 10 years. Pills and trimix not working well anymore. Will need an implant in the near future.

graymare

Postby graymare » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:41 pm

My doctor warned me about this retrograde ejaculation when he gave me a flomax sample. Flomax makes our genitourinary openings relax and widen. We want the route to the outside wider for better urine flow, but it also allows the openings back into the bladder to widen. Our ejaculate from the prostate doesn't necessarily have to flow out the urethra anymore, it can flow backwards (retrograde) into the bladder, making for a "dry" orgasm.
Married, 66 yrs old, ED for 22 yrs. On TriMix for 5 yrs. Live in the Adirondacks of NY. Would be a nudist if it weren't for the black flies and the short summers. :D

tifton44

Postby tifton44 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:30 pm

Had TURP done over two years ago, and have been able to pee with volume and force better than I have in years. Was in the hospital for one night. Don't like the fact of the retrograde ejaculation. The doctor told me I could not get anyone pregnant because of that, but because of my age and that of my wife, that is not a problem for us. I do notice a little juice coming out at times, so at least all of it is not going back into the bladder. I have had prostate infections for a number of years, and finally was passing blood in my urine, so had to do something. Once I had the TURP done, the infections stopped. I have read since the procedure that it can cause ED or at least make it worse, and I can agree with that somewhat. Have tried Trimix and now Quadmix since the TURP, but neither one has worked. Apparently, I have bad veinous leak. Have used the pump for a number of years, but it makes the tip less sensitive, and now does not keep the erection very long. Am trying a cock ring with Quadmix and it helps a little.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:21 am

Look at the Rezume also. Dr Hakky did the rezume and possible urolift , but Medicare would only pay for one

graymare

Postby graymare » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:13 am

Well, I am two days past having the urolift procedure. The prep was easy, getting off of blood thinners, stopping caffeine and alcohol for a couple of days. This was an outpatient situation done in the urologist's very well equipped facility. The anesthesiologist there talked at length about what to expect. I stripped down, gowned up, got put into stirrups, betadyne applied to my penis and finally given a local anesthetic in my penis before going to sleep for the next half hour. I woke up easily, was led to a bathroom and emptied what I could. That was messy. I passed mostly blood, with many clots. I had been told to expect this but it was still tough to see. They gave my bladder an ultrasound to verify it was mostly empty. I cleaned up, put the pad in my underwear, and was on my way out the door within an hour, with my wife driving me home.

The most important of the meds they prescribed was pyridium for painful urination. It turns your urine bright orange but is a blessing when it works. The first day was not fun....constant urge to go (as they told me I would) and very painful peeing (as they told me I would). Lots of blood, and blood clots (as they told me I would) and discomfort inside where the prostate got beat up in the process. Not much sleep that night.

Day two was easier to get through, though the pyridium was still needed. The orange dye leaks out of the penis, so male Depends are needed for the time being. I was able to go to work, as long as I had access to a bathroom whenever needed, because the longest I could hold was an hour or so. The constant urge to go had subsided. The blood clots were far fewer.

Today is day three. I slept better, but I am still taking the drugs for urination with less pain. I hope to wean myself of them soon. I doubt I will see improvements in overall urination for another week or so. I will check back in then, unless you have questions.
Married, 66 yrs old, ED for 22 yrs. On TriMix for 5 yrs. Live in the Adirondacks of NY. Would be a nudist if it weren't for the black flies and the short summers. :D

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:30 am

Glad it went well for you. When I had my rezum procedure I had to have a cath for 4 days. One of the meds they gave me turn my pee blue/green. Even after a month I still had blood clots coming out. Dr said that was ok.

With the implant partial inflated nere the end pee goes everywhere

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:43 am

graymare wrote:Well, I am two days past having the urolift procedure. The prep was easy, getting off of blood thinners, stopping caffeine and alcohol for a couple of days. This was an outpatient situation done in the urologist's very well equipped facility. The anesthesiologist there talked at length about what to expect. I stripped down, gowned up, got put into stirrups, betadyne applied to my penis and finally given a local anesthetic in my penis before going to sleep for the next half hour. I woke up easily, was led to a bathroom and emptied what I could. That was messy. I passed mostly blood, with many clots. I had been told to expect this but it was still tough to see. They gave my bladder an ultrasound to verify it was mostly empty. I cleaned up, put the pad in my underwear, and was on my way out the door within an hour, with my wife driving me home.

The most important of the meds they prescribed was pyridium for painful urination. It turns your urine bright orange but is a blessing when it works. The first day was not fun....constant urge to go (as they told me I would) and very painful peeing (as they told me I would). Lots of blood, and blood clots (as they told me I would) and discomfort inside where the prostate got beat up in the process. Not much sleep that night.

Day two was easier to get through, though the pyridium was still needed. The orange dye leaks out of the penis, so male Depends are needed for the time being. I was able to go to work, as long as I had access to a bathroom whenever needed, because the longest I could hold was an hour or so. The constant urge to go had subsided. The blood clots were far fewer.

Today is day three. I slept better, but I am still taking the drugs for urination with less pain. I hope to wean myself of them soon. I doubt I will see improvements in overall urination for another week or so. I will check back in then, unless you have questions.

Graymare;

You should create a "Signature" so that we may be able to offer you some advice.
To add your signature.... look in the upper right hand corner where get your notification and Private messages. Your Profile name is there too, just click on your name. Another window will open, then click on the "User Control panel" tab, then on the left side in that box you will see "Edit Signature".. click on it and then you will be able to add what ever type of information you wish to add....it's easy.

Include things like date implanted, doctors name, Make - Titan or AMS, size of implant, rte's? any story you wish to share - like ED for 15 years, or whatever, any medical info - like diabetes, or high blood pressure, etc. or 33 years old, single gay man with ED for 10 years, thinking about getting an implant. Here is mine:

AMS 700 (18 + 2). Implanted March 30, 2017 by Dr. Brock of London, Ont, CANADA. Great surgeon. Went in to septic shock and had to have implant removed April 29, 2017. Appt. for consult for second attempt is on November 6, 2017... I can't wait.

Feel free to contact me if you need assistance or advice on anything.

Larry

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:16 pm

graymare,
I hope your recovery comes along well.
I wonder if the end result is comparable to the TURP procedure?
Did you decide to go through this because of difficulty in urination?
I do have frequent trips to the bathroom each night, but it could be due to drinking at least 4 light beers each day.
I'd guess I'm at least a year before taking the next step.
I also look forward to the wrap up on your procedure.
Tom
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:03 pm

tomas1 wrote:graymare,
I hope your recovery comes along well.
I wonder if the end result is comparable to the TURP procedure?
Did you decide to go through this because of difficulty in urination?
I do have frequent trips to the bathroom each night, but it could be due to drinking at least 4 light beers each day.
I'd guess I'm at least a year before taking the next step.
I also look forward to the wrap up on your procedure.
Tom

Also checkout the Rezum procedure
http://www.rezum.com

They are both less invasive than Turp. Medicare paid for mine

graymare

Postby graymare » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:29 pm

Yes tomas1, the urination problem was the impetus to have the urolift. I have BPH and have been taking Tamsulosin. Four years ago my urologist, through ultrasound, said my bladder was holding way too much urine, and the musculature around it was stretched so badly I couldn't void it out well. I could have lived with the issue if I stayed home, but with retirement came travel. With travel came road trips and flights. With those came long stretches without easy bathroom access. I tried the pills but they just weren't making much of an improvement and they also had the drawback of dry ejaculations. Life with ED is tough enough, I didn't want that too. So my doctor suggested urolift. He did all the tests and said I was a good candidate. He didn't say I was a great candidate. So I can't say for sure this will solve all the urinary issues. It will be at least 2 weeks or more for me to know.

Return to “General Discussion”