Difficult lesson learned....UPDATE

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
bbb2.5

Difficult lesson learned....UPDATE

Postby bbb2.5 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:00 am

Hey Guy... I was implanted on June 27 th. My surgery went well with no problems what so ever. No swelling , no busing. Could not have ask for it to have been any better. Prior to my surgery I had an ongoing going problem with really painful hemorrhoids. Last year I even had minor surgery done to remove a few. Well when they flared up again this time I just endured the pain, and went forward with my implant. Well the hemorrhoids began to hurt even worse after my surgery. I went to a different Gastro doctor this time. My previous one did not accept my new insurance. He told me he could remove them with no problem. Schedule my minor procedure for Aug 11th. Everything went great until a week after the surgery to remove the hemorrhoids. I got an infection, my butt area is fine, however the infection has invaded my groin area. With all that freshly healing tissue from my implant.
Turns out that my Gastro surgeon actually went inside my anus to explore a little, looking for any exterior hemorrhoids. Yes, he was well aware that I had just received my implant on June 27.
My Urologist believes that because I was not put on antibiotics after my Hemorrhoid surgery was the reason for the infection to occur. I have a compromised immune system.
So now here I am with a severely infected groin area. My scrotum is the size of a soft ball and my dick is swollen as well. I have been on high does of antibiotics for a week now. I can not feel any of my pump at all now. Going in Monday for ultrasound and assessment with my urologist again.....

My hard lesson was that I should have just dealt with the pain of my hemorrhoids longer and none of this would have happened. ( if you had had sever hemorrhoids before, you know the pain they can cause) I bad call on my part, but at the same time was not aware the gastro doctor was going inside either.

Just wanted to share what I am now going through after my very successful Implant surgery... :( :( :(
Last edited by bbb2.5 on Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

radiodec

Re: Difficult lesson learned.

Postby radiodec » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:24 am

Bad call on your part??? What about bad call on the part of the doctor taking care of your hemorrhoids? My dentist even has me take precautions for anything but cleanings. I have had my knee cap joints replaced a couple of years ago and have an implant so even dentist is cautious.

I believe that there is plenty of poor judgement to go around and a lot of it isn't yours.

David
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

nbriley

Postby nbriley » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:32 am

Sorry to hear about your infection, with my double transplant I take immune suppressant drugs and worry about infections plus I heal slower than normal but still looking forward to my implant date
Pump, pills and Trimix no longer work
Surgery November 7, 2017 Dr Hakky. AMS CX

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:44 am

Very sorry to hear of your troubles. Hope all clears up soon.
Bob 2.0
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Zxylpk

Postby Zxylpk » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:29 am

bbb- im in a similar boat - not hemmeroids but have been dealing with a series of infections in my groin area - not related to my implant but to my turp surgery which I had a couple of months before my implant. Long story short, getting my epididymis removed from me right nut on Tuesday. Doc says recovery will be very similar to my implant surgery. (he's also moving/replacing my problematic pump since he'll be in there anyway). I'm looking forward to getting it done - it's been several months of hell. I feel for you man. Best wishes.
74 y/o Implant 21cm, 1cm rte ams 700 CX, Feb 21, 2017, Dr. Karpman, Mt View, CA

indy38

Postby indy38 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:30 am

radiodec wrote:Bad call on your part??? What about bad call on the part of the doctor taking care of your hemorrhoids? My dentist even has me take precautions for anything but cleanings. I have had my knee cap joints replaced a couple of years ago and have an implant so even dentist is cautious.

I believe that there is plenty of poor judgement to go around and a lot of it isn't yours.

David

If I have understood well, if you have an infection in any part of the body, for example in the mouth, could be any problem with the implant?

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:42 am

I think I would be finding a new Gastro, one that knows about infection. I have to premedicate before I go to the denist also even for a cleaning.

I am glad Dr Hakky and my ortho for my hip are pro antibotic. My orth wants me healed from the implant before he does my other hip. It is tentitive for Nov

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:24 pm

indy38 wrote:
radiodec wrote:Bad call on your part??? What about bad call on the part of the doctor taking care of your hemorrhoids? My dentist even has me take precautions for anything but cleanings. I have had my knee cap joints replaced a couple of years ago and have an implant so even dentist is cautious.

David

If I have understood well, if you have an infection in any part of the body, for example in the mouth, could be any problem with the implant?

I went to the dentist with a tooth ache. He found nothing but gave me a antibiotic to keep on hand in case it was to flair up.
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:53 pm

Dude,
I so sorry your having this problem. Praying that everything will clear up and you'll be pumping away soon.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:28 pm

bbb2.5 wrote:Hey Guy... I was implanted on June 27 th. My surgery went well with no problems what so ever. No swelling , no busing. Could not have ask for it to have been any better. Prior to my surgery I had an ongoing going problem with really painful hemorrhoids. Last year I even had minor surgery done to remove a few. Well when they flared up again this time I just endured the pain, and went forward with my implant. Well the hemorrhoids began to hurt even worse after my surgery. I went to a different Gastro doctor this time. My previous one did not accept my new insurance. He told me he could remove them with no problem. Schedule my minor procedure for Aug 11th. Everything went great until a week after the surgery to remove the hemorrhoids. I got an infection, my butt area is fine, however the infection has invaded my groin area. With all that freshly healing tissue from my implant.
Turns out that my Gastro surgeon actually went inside my anus to explore a little, looking for any exterior hemorrhoids. Yes, he was well aware that I had just received my implant on June 27.
My Urologist believes that because I was not put on antibiotics after my Hemorrhoid surgery was the reason for the infection to occur. I have a compromised immune system.
So now here I am with a severely infected groin area. My scrotum is the size of a soft ball and my dick is swollen as well. I have been on high does of antibiotics for a week now. I can not feel any of my pump at all now. Going in Monday for ultrasound and assessment with my urologist again.....

My hard lesson was that I should have just dealt with the pain of my hemorrhoids longer and none of this would have happened. ( if you had had sever hemorrhoids before, you know the pain they can cause) I bad call on my part, but at the same time was not aware the gastro doctor was going inside either.

Just wanted to share what I am now going through after my very successful Implant surgery... :( :( :(

I have hemorrhoid, so I know the pain you speak of. About ten years ago, I was talking to I guy I work with who had them too. He told me what he did to help remedy it. And that is I take a fiber capsule every day. I haven't had a flare up since I started doing this. They are still there, they just don't flare up and cause pain. The fiber keeps you regular so you don't have to strain to pinch a loaf. :lol:
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Return to “Implants”