Dr. EID time in New York total

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
treetop

Dr. EID time in New York total

Postby treetop » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:46 pm

A question for those who traveled to NY to be implanted by Dr. EID...

How long were you actually in New York?
Starting with hotel check-in, and ending with hotel check-out and fly back home.

I am thinking ahead to when I make the leap and want to be able to do a little planning :)
TT
Treetop -- (TT)
Implant - Pending Medicare in 2024 (I turn 65) -- I am now in planning stages.
My Introduction - http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtop ... =14&t=7775

warrenw

Re: Dr. EID time in New York total

Postby warrenw » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:00 pm

Check this thread for post by Tangerine: http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7851&hilit=logistics#p56644
Not sure why I can't link to his post directly, oh well.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:49 pm

I haven't done it yet, but my surgery with Eid is scheduled for OCt 5th.

Im planning that surgery + all other expenses (hotel, flight, food, random shit) will be ~$30,000.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

treetop

Postby treetop » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:08 pm

Cnidium wrote:I haven't done it yet, but my surgery with Eid is scheduled for OCt 5th.

Im planning that surgery + all other expenses (hotel, flight, food, random shit) will be ~$30,000.

So your scheduled for surgery Oct 5th, do you have to go before for an exam etc? Or just be there on Oct 5th? And does he want to see you after?

Sorry for the questions... I may be following after.

Also, what date did you do the interview? I am curious about the time line from when you called to when he scheduled you.
TT
Treetop -- (TT)

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:59 pm

here is my timetable pertaining to New York and Dr Eid:

A) few months before: Phone consultation with Dr Eid (prior to that consult, I filled out an extensive questionaire on my medical history and the history of my erectile dysfunction). At that time, since I was "a serious candidate", I got the phone list of other Eid patients who wanted to talk about the experience

B) a month before: Formal "cardiac clearance" which was a pre-surgery history and physical by my local doctor (includes EKG, etc). Dr Eid then uses that to decide if you will go to outpatient surgery center (Manhattan Eye and Ear) or the hospital.

C) Official Pre-surgery workup appointment (2.5 hours) in Dr Eid's office.
You have the choice of doing this a few weeks before, or the day before, your surgery. Many who travel do the appointment Monday Morning, and then have surgery Tuesday morning. I believe that there is also a thursday appoinment day with Friday surgery option. I decided to have my appointment a few weeks before (so that I would be fully prepared and so that I felt like I had the time to really do all the homework on this). At that appoinment, Dr Eid does a really careful thorough job. He does a cystogram. He will measure you with a stretch test (girth and length) he will inject your penis and measure you erect (girth and length). He will do a doppler ultrasound. He will spend as long as you want answering your numerous questons (I think I grilled him for thirty minutes). Most importantly, he will fill out a MEASUREMENT SHEET. That sheet goes to the operating room, and he uses that sheet to be sure that your measurements are up-to-par with what he said he would give you (in other words, it is a quality control document, and he does his best to have a happy customer in terms of promised length). He does predict your post surgery length and girth (and in my case delivered on the prediction).

d) Surgery day (Tuesday): 5:30 AM at the surgery center to register. Got an hour of IV antibiotics. Surgery was at 7:30 AM. Ended maybe around 9:30 AM ??. Walked out of the Surgery center at around 1:00 PM and took an uber to the Bentley hotel. Slept much of that day.

e) recovery day (Weds): stayed in bed with ice on my balls and careful to remember to "keep the balls higher than the heart"

f) recovery day (thursday): stayed in bed, with three short 10 minute walks

g) Travel day (Friday): had a checkup with Dr Eid in the morning (I walked the half mile from bentley to Manhatten Eye and Ear) and then rested in bed until 12:00. Took an uber to Newark and then flew home on the 3:45 coast to coast flight.

h) first sex on day 19 - that was fun, though not as aggressive as I am now

So , in summary, if you want the prop appointment the day before surgery, then you should count on a total of 5 days in new york. For me, I went to New York twice (just wanted to), so my visit was just 4 days at surgery time.

Of course, Dr Eids office staff will tell you all this (they are super experienced with the out of town patient) but they will need to know whether you will be done at the surgery center or at the hospital -- that is decided by Dr Eid based on your phone consultation and your cardiac clearance note.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

GiRn56

Postby GiRn56 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:11 pm

If you have Medicare you will be going to the hospital. Private insurance to the other facility. As well if you have Medicare, it is their requirement, to have a day between, so I went on Monday, surgery on Wednesday. ;)
Severe Degenerative Disc Disease L5-S1
Major Depression
Chronic pain patient and Meds
Titan OTR 20 cm placed 4/12/17 per Dr Eid.

archway

Postby archway » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:47 pm

Tangerine provided a detailed timeline. I'll be brief.
*Phone consultation with Dr. Eid in October 2014. I decided to wait till 2015 and schedule a late-winter procedure with hopes of no snow storms.
*Flew to NY mid Feb on a Wednesday. Checked into Hotel Affinity Gardens hotel (right across the street from surgery center) Did the pre op Wednesday afternoon exactly as Tangerine described.
*Sightseeing Thursday
*Surgery 7:30 am Friday
*Friday and Saturday rested in hotel
*Sunday flew home to Atlanta
*Mon-Wed rested at home
*Thursday back to work for short days the rest of the week
*Cycling at 2 weeks
*Sex at 5 weeks
*Today - very happy camper !!!
Archway 64 years old married 43 yrs
Venous Leak 15 + years Tried everything to no avail
2/2015 Titan 22cm RT 1cm R RTE
Dr Eid NY NY

treetop

Postby treetop » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:59 pm

Great information... Thanks Tangerine for the details...

Sounds complicated, but one step at a time.

Next I will consider weather.. haha. It get's cold in New York !!
TT
Treetop -- (TT)

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:59 pm

treetop wrote:
Cnidium wrote:I haven't done it yet, but my surgery with Eid is scheduled for OCt 5th.

So your scheduled for surgery Oct 5th, do you have to go before for an exam etc? Or just be there on Oct 5th? And does he want to see you after?

Sorry for the questions... I may be following after.

Also, what date did you do the interview? I am curious about the time line from when you called to when he scheduled you.
TT

I go in the day before, October 4th, for a doppler exam. Tangerine explains it perfectly.

He wants to see me the day after and the second day after. I get to leave after his second post-op check-up of me assuming everything is fine.

I phone interviewed june 15th. I could have schedule for early September, but because of work, I opted for early October because my work is slower then.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:18 pm

Cnidium wrote:I phone interviewed june 15th. I could have schedule for early September, but because of work, I opted for early October because my work is slower then.
So he was scheduling almost three months out, or could you have gotten in before early September?
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

Return to “Implants”