Still trying to adjust to the pump

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Mastercard

Re: Still trying to adjust to the pump

Postby Mastercard » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:32 pm

Tybeeman wrote:
Mastercard wrote:Tybeeman

I think you said your incontinence came back a little when you got your implant. Did that resolve itself?

Yes, but I still have a small drip after I put my dick back in my underwae. I really need to get back to my work outs and I think it will take care of it

Thanks
65 yrs old with long history of ED. RP in 2015. Used pills and injections they became ineffective. Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer on Aug 2 2017 Titan 22 cm 1 rte

wolfcreek

Postby wolfcreek » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:38 am

I had the drip with my first implant and now again with the replacement implant. Doctor told me it is very common....

wolfcreek

Postby wolfcreek » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:32 am

No orgasm at all - no feeling/sensation there now (11 weeks post op). However I was able to orgasm once (with great difficulty) about 7 weeks post op. Hopefully it will get better. I had a similar problem after my first implant, and it got somewhat better after several months..

wolfcreek

Postby wolfcreek » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:37 am

Mouseco,

Thanks for your input. How difficult was your pump relocation surgery? Was it similar to the implant surgery in: pain level, surgery time, anesthesia used, risk of infection, recovery time, etc? Did the doctor use the scrotal approach when relocating the pump? Did he use a new pump or did he simply relocate the existing pump?

mouseco

Postby mouseco » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:17 am

Wolfcreek
The pump relocation surgery was very similar to the original implant surgery.Same pre-op procedure, same anesthesia. I believe the risk of infection is greater in revision surgery than the original but Dr Kramer has a great track record in avoiding infection. Although he was hesitant because of risk reward I felt very comfortable with his skills. Recovery time is much faster because all that was replaced was the pump and some tubing was added. Everything else stayed in place(cylinders and reservoir).The scrotal method was used and the incision was in the same place as the original. There was no penile swelling but there was the same scrotal swelling as the original surgery. He replaced the original pump with a new one.
I was able to resume sexual activity in about 4 weeks but was not completely healed. I am now at 3 months and feel things are back to normal. Overall recovery was easier than the original surgery.
You can view my revision surgery on You Tube titled "PUMP REVISION OF PENILE IMPLANT"

wolfcreek

Postby wolfcreek » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:15 am

Thanks for the info, Mouseco.

BillinAL

Postby BillinAL » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:36 pm

Wolfcreek,
I am at 2 1/2 week point from surgery and my pump is at the back my sac and very high. I can barely grab the pump but cannot get to the release since it is too high to feel. I plan to call Dr. Kramer Monday (he is in Brazil till next week). I still have some swelling and tenderness but it is almost like the pump got over and behind the sac - not sure.

Have you contacted your doctor yet?

Bill
75 years old, Severe ED since Robotic Prostatectomy in 2010. Titan implanted 2014 by Dr Milam. Titan failed (tubing leak near cylinder) May 2017. Revision by Dr. Kramer on 7/26/17. Replaced cylinders and pump - upsized to 22 cm Titan, 1 cm RTE.

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:42 pm

BillinAL wrote:Wolfcreek,
I am at 2 1/2 week point from surgery and my pump is at the back my sac and very high. I can barely grab the pump but cannot get to the release since it is too high to feel. I plan to call Dr. Kramer Monday (he is in Brazil till next week). I still have some swelling and tenderness but it is almost like the pump got over and behind the sac - not sure.

Have you contacted your doctor yet?

Bill

Ice it 20 minutes and pull down on it from what I have read it almost has to drop.
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

Return to “Implants”