Just a bit concerned...

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
sliphill

Re: Just a bit concerned...

Postby sliphill » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:44 am

Larry10625 wrote:
TANGERINE wrote:mine pointed sharply to the left a few days post surgery. My doctor told me to give a few pumps (really early) but I think that is because it was certain that I would be able to deflate and also because I had minimal swelling. I suspect that the pointing in a certain direction is a really common early complaint, I heard that it generally takes care of itself (mine did and I am straight both erect and flacid). Remember, your goal is to have a working erection and to have no infection --- everything else is secondary "icing on the cake"

Well said.. too many people, all of a sudden, are worrying about all the other stuff and are missing the fact that they will be free to have a rock solid piece of ass, for as long as they want, any time they want. :)

Larry

Excellent point Larry. I know that I worried needlessly over all of this stuff.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:48 am

sliphill wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:
TANGERINE wrote:mine pointed sharply to the left a few days post surgery. My doctor told me to give a few pumps (really early) but I think that is because it was certain that I would be able to deflate and also because I had minimal swelling. I suspect that the pointing in a certain direction is a really common early complaint, I heard that it generally takes care of itself (mine did and I am straight both erect and flacid). Remember, your goal is to have a working erection and to have no infection --- everything else is secondary "icing on the cake"

Well said.. too many people, all of a sudden, are worrying about all the other stuff and are missing the fact that they will be free to have a rock solid piece of ass, for as long as they want, any time they want. :)

Larry

Ed, you're not the only one... not by a long shot. Maybe I should worry a little more. I trust my doctor, in fact, based on my research, I would have to say he is the best in all of Canada. This is why I am at ease.

Larry

Excellent point Larry. I know that I worried needlessly over all of this stuff.

smartin

Postby smartin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:52 am

I appreciate all the supportive comments and advice about my situation being normal. Maybe I'm an outlier, but based on my liberal (left-pointing) penis, my doctor has ordered an MRI to check to make sure the cylinders are positioned and working properly. So, the whole business of sitting around on an ice pack and looking forward to days of unencumbered sex is on hold. The worrying continues...
59 years old - ED since 45; implanted 7/10/17 by Dr. Michael Herzog. AMS 700LGX, MS Pump; 18cm x 12mm

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:59 pm

smartin wrote:I appreciate all the supportive comments and advice about my situation being normal. Maybe I'm an outlier, but based on my liberal (left-pointing) penis, my doctor has ordered an MRI to check to make sure the cylinders are positioned and working properly. So, the whole business of sitting around on an ice pack and looking forward to days of unencumbered sex is on hold. The worrying continues...

Do this. If it isn't to sore try to form it back to straight position holding it for a few moments. when you let go does it pop back into the left are moves slowly back?
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

bbb2.5

Postby bbb2.5 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:43 pm

I was implanted on June 27..and mine was hanging towards the right. I told my doctor that I usually have always laid it to the right. He said give it time.. Now a week latter it is hanging less to right and more to the center. Give it time to heal... We have a good ways to go before we see the actually end result.
Welcome to the club.

smartin

Postby smartin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:06 pm

Tybeeman wrote:
smartin wrote:I appreciate all the supportive comments and advice about my situation being normal. Maybe I'm an outlier, but based on my liberal (left-pointing) penis, my doctor has ordered an MRI to check to make sure the cylinders are positioned and working properly. So, the whole business of sitting around on an ice pack and looking forward to days of unencumbered sex is on hold. The worrying continues...

Do this. If it isn't to sore try to form it back to straight position holding it for a few moments. when you let go does it pop back into the left are moves slowly back?

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it - sore, but tolerable. After holding it for a couple of minutes, when I let go it wandered back to what I would consider an unnatural left-leaning bent. It's exactly the result I would expect if the left cylinder were less inflated than the right one. (Or if the doc installed the thing incorrectly.) MRI scheduled for Wednesday, so we'll see what happens. It's too bad, because other than this issue, I'm feeling pretty good about life. The bruising and soreness keeps lessening, and it only hurts to the point of being really uncomfortable after I've spent more time on my feet or walking around than I probably should.
59 years old - ED since 45; implanted 7/10/17 by Dr. Michael Herzog. AMS 700LGX, MS Pump; 18cm x 12mm

smartin

Postby smartin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:10 pm

bbb2.5 wrote:I was implanted on June 27..and mine was hanging towards the right. I told my doctor that I usually have always laid it to the right. He said give it time.. Now a week latter it is hanging less to right and more to the center. Give it time to heal... We have a good ways to go before we see the actually end result.
Welcome to the club.

Thank you, sir. We'll see what the MRI shows. I hope it indicates that I'm just being a nervous nellie, though since the doctor was the one who ordered the MRI, he must think that there's at least some chance that something bad is going on. I'll try to keep thinking good thoughts - including what it might one day be like to be able to have sex without worrying about keeping it up.

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:02 pm

One thing you need to make sure that the MRI center knows you have that implant. Last week my doctor told me that if anything happen that I needed a MRI that it could only take a certain type MRI. Sorry I don't know more, maybe someone else will.
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

smartin

Postby smartin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:53 pm

Tybeeman wrote:One thing you need to make sure that the MRI center knows you have that implant. Last week my doctor told me that if anything happen that I needed a MRI that it could only take a certain type MRI. Sorry I don't know more, maybe someone else will.

Thanks for that. The MRI center asked that I bring a copy of my "Patient Identification Card" (provided by AMS) which indicates what type of MRI can be run on someone with this implant. So, I'm good to go on that front.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:09 pm

Mine is doing the same thing, it's been 5 weeks, probably not to the same extent that it was 4 weeks ago. I was concerned too but another member told me that his was the same and it staightened. So I stopped worrying about. My doctor told me the second week to try and keep it pointed down, so this has been what I have done.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Return to “Implants”