D Day Coming Up...

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Donnie1954

Re: D Day Coming Up...

Postby Donnie1954 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:52 pm

99% of us totally agree with David_R.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:47 am

I am so ready to be in surgery in less than 24 hours now so I can finally get some sleep again! I awoke at 3:30am from a fitful sleep anyway. Got out of bed at 4 since anxiety was gonna keep me awake. In the past few days I've read as many posts on this forum about implants as I could. I've now managed over 6 years without a surgery after having had a total of 18 before. Thought I was finally done with recoveries. I've read on here some guys claiming little discomfort after 2 or 3 days to guys months out who are miserable. I'm going to shoot for a record recovery time. It's going to be one for the Guiness book. Also determined not to use narcotic pills longer than a couple of days. I've been on them for months at a time with lengthy grueling recoveries and swore the last time I went through withdrawals it would never happen again. I was freaked by a pic I saw here of a guy wondering if his dick swelling/bruising looked normal. It looked like black and blue elephant man's disease. Hoping to avoid that. Okay, I'm rambling now and wishing I was still asleep. Hopefully next post will be after I'm home from very successful implant. We'll see!
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:58 am

Okay so I lied about next post being after the surgery 21 hours from now. I was wondering what kind of pain meds are given to take home after an implant? How long did you actually need them before being able to switch to tylenol or advil?
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:06 am

DaveKell wrote:Okay so I lied about next post being after the surgery 21 hours from now. I was wondering what kind of pain meds are given to take home after an implant? How long did you actually need them before being able to switch to tylenol or advil?

Dave, my doctor prescribed Hydrocodone. I took them for two weeks. The over the counter pain medication does not work that good for me. And the pain that I had wasn't ever excruciating pain, more like soreness.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

PCHelp76180

Postby PCHelp76180 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:18 am

DaveKell wrote:Okay so I lied about next post being after the surgery 21 hours from now. I was wondering what kind of pain meds are given to take home after an implant? How long did you actually need them before being able to switch to tylenol or advil?

Dave, with as many trips to the OR as you have had I am certain you know the value of a good strong laxative. Nothing blocks me up worse than General Anesthesia. As soon as you can start drinking plenty of water and prune juice.
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

Bigred

Postby Bigred » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:22 am

My doc gave me OxyCodone. Only use them for three days and went to Advil 800mg every 6 hours. Seems the Advil really helped the swelling go down. No real pain after a few days but some soreness. Sitting and getting up the first few days is a learning experience. Good news is there are great days ahead.
66 YO, Implant 6/7/2017 at University of Maryland by Dr. Andrew Kramer, High Volume Implant And world class surgeon. AMS 700. Great expierence with zero complications.

dcmusc

Postby dcmusc » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:40 am

Keeping you in my thoughts Dave. I head to Kramer tomorrow at 3pm for my consult, you will already be out of surgery. Attitude is everything, so keep that positive attitude toward your recovery.
56. Implanted 8/23/17 by Dr. Kramer. AMS LGX 700 21cm + 2. Developed a leak. Revised to Titan 24cm 5/20/20 by Dr. McGraw in Las Vegas.

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:13 am

So which is worse, being kicked in the nuts or implanted for a few days after?

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:22 am

[quote="DaveKell"]So which is worse, being kicked in the nuts or implanted for a few days after?[/quote

I would have to say getting kicked in the nuts. In no way did it ever hurt that bad.

Dave, it's really not that bad. You will get a script for oxycodone or hydrocodone. I forget which one, the one that is the milder of the two. Take them as needed, and you won't feel a thing. The worst for the first week was when I would wake up, my sack would be aching. Popped a few of the pills and it would go away shortly after. But believe me, it wasn't excruciating pain by any means.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:24 pm

Thought I was gonna be delayed for implant a little earlier today. Someone called from doctor's office (my primary care doc) to tell me he had to ok surgery. Only problem was he was on vacation for another week. Crap. Afraid I was gonna have to mentally prepare all over again. Then uro's office called to tell me that the primary doc's ok was an anesthesiology issue but anesthesiologist agreed to proceed without it. THEN they called me again to say I wouldn't be the first procedure of the day. Original check in was 5 am with a 7am start time. Hour and a half drive to Dallas meant getting up at 2:30am. Now they moved it to 7am check in with 9am start time. A whole extra 2 hours of sleep. Doesn't matter though. I'm not gonna get much sleep tonight! Just ready to get this done!!!

Return to “Implants”