Doing something wrong?

Specific talk about pumps: Questions, hints, recommendations, etc.
Nicotunes

Re: Doing something wrong?

Postby Nicotunes » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:31 pm

Bionic_by_AMS wrote:I was able to regain all that I lost with daily pumping.

This seems to imply, then, that the urethra is stretching along with the penile muscles.....Did not know that could happen...?
DaVinci radical prostatectomy Nov. 2016. Dr. Erik Pasin in CA. Both nerve bundles spared. Continent since catheter was removed but still dealing with ED. Sildenifil did absolute nothing for me. Pump working OK but erection not holding well enough for sex.

Lost Sheep

Re: Base of the penis

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:49 pm

Nicotunes wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:When I pump up, the base of my penis (essentially, the flesh between my scrotum and penis) seems to engorge.

When this happens (It did not seem to happen a few months ago when I first started vacuuming-perhaps I did not notice or my technique has changed-more about that later.), and this flesh is outside the tube, I cannot get longer than 6 inches or so.

But if I get that fleshy engorgement INTO the tube, I can get another 1/4 to 3/8 inch of length.

Hi,

Sorry I was not so clear...that part on me that seems to swell is the bottom-most part of the shaft that is INSIDE the tube...I will try to see a little more of what's happening.

Oh, yeah. The bottom part of my penis AND the flesh between my scrotum and penis eventually winds up inside the tube. I suspect we are thinking of the very same tissues. I just take an extra step to get it into the tube.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:27 am

Nicotunes,
When you have an enlarged Prostrate like I did (baseball size - where normal is walnut size) the urinary tube stretches. Once removed the two ends are stitched together and this pulls your flaccid penis inward (think cold-water shrinkage) so once you get a look at home it appears to be just a bunch of wrinkled skin and a head. This is called the turtle effect ...
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

Nicotunes

Postby Nicotunes » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:41 am

Bionic_by_AMS wrote:This is called the turtle effect ...

And things are about as slow as a turtle right now.....Hoping it will speed up a bit... :lol:
DaVinci radical prostatectomy Nov. 2016. Dr. Erik Pasin in CA. Both nerve bundles spared. Continent since catheter was removed but still dealing with ED. Sildenifil did absolute nothing for me. Pump working OK but erection not holding well enough for sex.

Return to “Pumps (Vacuum Erection Device)”