A bad surgeon in photos

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DonBecker54

Re: A bad surgeon in photos

Postby DonBecker54 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:42 am

I'll ask Dr. Eid and see what he says. Thanks.
Butchered by Dr. Douglas Milam, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in January 2016. Lost 2" Before After

rahod1

Postby rahod1 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:36 pm

Could someone here educate me as to HOW does one lose size (at least noticeable) with an implant?
What component is *lost*? I know with RP surgery, the urethra is *contracted* which can retract the penis some.
But what can shrink (length) the dick with an implant? I understand the tips may not extend *all the way*..but this wouldn't shrink the dick..just give a floppy head.

DonBecker54

Postby DonBecker54 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:48 pm

Usually it's putting in cylinders that are too short. Mine are a bit too short. Eid thinks they're about an inch too short now. The surgeon also had me wait six weeks before first inflation, whereas Eid and Kramer I believe have it at two weeks. I've read that scar tissue can develop over a long period of time, and be such that it limits the amount the tunica will expand.

There's a lot that Milam did wrong besides that. The very tip of the penis with the hole (forget the medical term) isn't straight, but rather is at the 7:00 position. The tubing sticks out the side so much that you can see it.
Butchered by Dr. Douglas Milam, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in January 2016. Lost 2" Before After

longdayze

Postby longdayze » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:59 pm

Hi Don
Sorry for your bad results, I had similar issues and just had a revision with Dr. Kramer. Watch my video and you will realize with a top surgeon you can be restored.
Best of luck on your journey, see linkbelow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiEZyTjSM2M

SAM
Had Titan 18cm + 1cm RTE on 1-5-17, blotched surgery, cylinders short. Had revision on 3-15-17 Dr. Kramer to a Titan 22 +1 RTE. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiEZyTjSM2M

Sam

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:44 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1709&start=10

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=231&hilit=Genome

Hey Don. I don't know if the pictures are still online on genome's thread but his story still is for sure. He is the guy with the implant severely undersized, and avid first link is the VED usage on the implant. The traction was discussed here, but it has to be with a specific device. The penimasterpro with the suction cup.

Tell me your thoughts please.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:01 pm

We discussed traction and I even bought a traction device but being my dick tapered like a cone after the first implant no way in hell it would stay on, even after trying tape and gluing the tape on with medical adhesive. F'd up implants are just plain F'd up. some surgeons, have a bad day, some are bad surgeons and some just plain old don't give damn. A good one is golden.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:21 am

alibaba wrote:We discussed traction and I even bought a traction device but being my dick tapered like a cone after the first implant no way in hell it would stay on, even after trying tape and gluing the tape on with medical adhesive. F'd up implants are just plain F'd up. some surgeons, have a bad day, some are bad surgeons and some just plain old don't give damn. A good one is golden.

I remember we discussing this, but I never got to know you bought the extender. Which one did you buy? Do you think the penimaster pro would work on cases like yours? And yes, I know that it has to be surgically fixed, but.... That along with traction... I could only think of the gains?

DonBecker54

Postby DonBecker54 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:45 pm

Dan, I don't have anywhere near that much extra room. I can bend my glans over a bit. I hope Eid can get me another inch as he believes he can.

How much length and girth did you gain?

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:12 am

PFracture wrote:
alibaba wrote:We discussed traction and I even bought a traction device but being my dick tapered like a cone after the first implant no way in hell it would stay on, even after trying tape and gluing the tape on with medical adhesive. F'd up implants are just plain F'd up. some surgeons, have a bad day, some are bad surgeons and some just plain old don't give damn. A good one is golden.

I remember we discussing this, but I never got to know you bought the extender. Which one did you buy? Do you think the penimaster pro would work on cases like yours? And yes, I know that it has to be surgically fixed, but.... That along with traction... I could only think of the gains?

I bought the X4 Labs with the extra length extender kit and the model with the spring tension. A VERY nice outfit. Wish I had something like that after my prostatectomy and the years before the implant. I only tried it 3 times but spent several hours trying to make it work. Most of it is still in the original package. Pre-implant I think it would have been great! Post prostatectomy it might have helped regain the 1 3/4 that was lost with that but like Dr. Brandes told me, Dr. Kibel should have told me to start pumping 2-3 weeks after the prostatectomy instead of 3 months later when the damage was already set in scar tissue. To much of this dick stuff really needs EARLY INTERVENTION. Most of us learn that too late. Cheers boys, 1 a.m. I need to get to bed. Going to work my first day back tomorrow.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:52 am

rahod1 wrote:Could someone here educate me as to HOW does one lose size (at least noticeable) with an implant?
What component is *lost*? I know with RP surgery, the urethra is *contracted* which can retract the penis some.
But what can shrink (length) the dick with an implant? I understand the tips may not extend *all the way*..but this wouldn't shrink the dick..just give a floppy head.

Look up the term "atrophy" and search on this site or in Google for the phrase "Penile Retraction".

If you have not had an erection for months or years, tissues tend to shrink and lose elasticity.

Strategies for maintaining penile size following penile implant
King Chien Joe Lee, Gerald B. Brock wrote:
In a pilot study involving 10 men with penile length loss due to radical
prostatectomy, prosthesis explantation or Peyronie's disease, Levine et
al. found that applying external traction therapy (ETT) 2-4 hours daily
for 2-4 months prior to prosthesis surgery can increase SPL by an
average of 1.5 cm. No subjective or objective penile length loss was
observed in this group of patients after the surgery.

The early and daily use of a vacuum erection device (VED) soon after
radical prostatectomy may lower the likelihood of penile length loss. In
a study of post-radical prostatectomy patients, Dalkin /et al./ found
that only 1/36 (3%) of patients had a decrease in SPL of > or =1.0 cm
when VED is used regularly after surgery. This decrease in penile length
loss is significant when compared to earlier studies where 48% of men
after surgery had a significant reduction in SPL (P<0.0001) (8 <#B8>).
In recent months, there has been interest in the use of VED pump 2-3
months prior to PPI surgery because preliminary studies suggest that
preoperative stretching with a VED may allow longer cylinder placements
at the time of the penile prosthetic surgery

and

Strategies for maintaining penile size following penile implant
King Chien Joe Lee, Gerald B. Brock wrote:
In patients with refractory ischemic priapism and corporal smooth muscle
necrosis, where subsequent erectile dysfunction, corporal smooth muscle
fibrosis and penile shortening are almost certain,

Then, when you have an implant, the operation causes scar tissue. If the scar tissue forms a capsule around the implant in a deflated state, it is very difficult to stretch that scar tissue capsule out to full penile length.

I found these articles last summer, which informed my thinking.

Vacuum Preparation, Optimization of Cylinder Length and Postoperative Daily Inflation Reduces Complaints of Shortened Penile Length Following Implantation of Inflatable Penile Prosthesis by Tom Sellers, Martin Dineen, Emad A. Salem, Steven K. Wilson: Advances in Sexual Medicine, 2013, 3, 4-18doi:10.4236/asm.2013.31003 Published Online January 2013
http://file.scirp.org/pdf/ASM_2013012514045982.pdf

Pseudo-capsule “coffin effect”: How to prevent penile retraction after implant of three-piece inflatable prosthesis Enrico Caraceni, Lilia Utizi, Giovanni Angelozzi; Department of Urology, Civitanova Marche Hospital, Italy.
Read summary
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25017596
Download full article
http://search.myway.com/search/GGmain.j ... 0097389852
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”