Erectile Dysfunction is a Thief

What are your fears? Ideas? Hints? to coping with ED. What helps you with your mental game? How are relationships affected?
RickRed40

Erectile Dysfunction is a Thief

Postby RickRed40 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:12 am

During my four year journey with ED following double nerve sparing surgery, I experienced then wrote these words on the back cover of my book:
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a thief. "ED takes away physical and emotional intimacy. ED steals your confidence in the bedroom. ED robs you of your manhood. ED walks off with your self-esteem. Left untreated, ED has the power and potential to destroy lives, and relationships." (It came close to destroying my marriage.)

What has ED taken away from you?

dg_moore

Re: Erectile Dysfunction is a Thief

Postby dg_moore » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:22 am

ED may be a thief, but it is fixable. Cancer is also a thief, and so is Parkinsons and Alzheimers and ... the list goes on. Those can't be fixed. If the big wheel comes around and stops on you, ED is probably the least life-changing.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

David_R

Postby David_R » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:03 am

I am just grateful that there are solutions to E.D. out there (when there are not solutions for many other situations). Will my erections ever be like they were pre-prostatectomy, where they just happened naturally on their own? No. But can my dick get hard enough for sex? Yes. I know it's a cliché, but oftentimes (not always though) the whole "make lemonade" thing works for me.

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:11 pm

I got lemonade big time in the form of a Titan Touch. My erections are harder than they have ever been - and that includes my teen years. And there is no worries about the darn thing going down, either. If you wanted to, you could have an erection FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

So as far as cancer goes, if you have a good PSA and no recurrence, ED is a cake walk. Even recurrences have they're treatments, so calm down.
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

RickRed40

Postby RickRed40 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:35 pm

Reviews are coming in. This is my favorite. It's for men and couples struggling to cope with ED. Here's a portion of my favorite review:
"The subtitle of this book reads: End Your Silence, Sadness, Suffering, and Shame. It is a huge promise, and what is astonishing is that Rick and Brenda Redner deliver what they promise in the title of their work in an amazing way. To help readers handle the frustration that could lead to ill health, as well as physical, psychological, and emotional pain, anger, and recklessness, the authors share their story with honesty and clarity, providing soul-searching questions that can help readers identify their most pressing concerns, create a new sexual language, and discover the solution that is best for them. Whether you are suffering from impotence or not, this book has a lot that will enrich the life of any couple."
For now it's only available here:

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Copingwithed
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (107.53 KiB) Viewed 3832 times

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:23 pm

At least the couple in the photo is sitting side by side on a bench gazing at the sunset, rather than inexplicably in separate bathtubs like in the TV ad we've all seen a zillion times. That alone is a good start! My only quibble with the subtitle is that there is no shame in ED. It's a medical condition that needs to be addressed, and there is no reason to be ashamed of it.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

RickRed40

Postby RickRed40 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:38 am

Many men experience shame as a result of ED. Glad to hear you didn't. I've heard from men who have stopped dating, have given up on the idea of getting married, and sadly from a widow whose husband was cured of prostate cancer but took his own life because of the shame send disgrace he felt.

No book title will satisfy or apply to everyone. Heck someone wrote me and told me they were offended that an opposite sex couple were sitting on the bench!

Trying to please everyone is a losing proposition.

Return to “Emotional and Mental Support”