Ready to start the journey?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
rglassva

Ready to start the journey?

Postby rglassva » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:44 pm

So I have an appointment scheduled Dr. Kramer in Baltimore on June 9 - basically a consultation at this point - but if I like what he says it will likely lead to an appointment for an implant in late summer. I've been seeing a men's sexual health urologist here in Richmond for a couple of years but with no great success - trimix, xiaflex injections (for peyronies plaque), pills, basically nothing is working. My doc here has talked about an implant and is pretty keen on the Coloplast Titan (although based on who normally would gets those, I certainly don't qualify). AMS (maker of the LGX) is presently offering some payment assistance through mid-September and since my insurance won't cover any part of the procedure, I'm pretty interested in taking advantage of any assistance I can get my hands on. In addition, the thought of ANY length or girth expansion that the LGX might offer is especially appealing. I'm sure my doc here could do a fine job but I've heard lots of great things about Kramer so I thought I'd at least get a second opinion. BTW, I sent Dr. K an e-mail a couple of weeks ago - his address is on his website - lo and behold he answered within 30 minutes - and I'm not even a patient of his - yet! Pretty darn cool! Will keep everyone updated along the way - any questions you think I should ask Dr. K - please forward them my way. Stay tuned!
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

KMeister

Re: Ready to start the journey?

Postby KMeister » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:11 am

Fortunately for me, my health insurance covered my surgery--all three of them. However, I'm interested in this payment assistance you mentioned through AMS. Please tell us more about this.

KMeister

NickNickNick

Postby NickNickNick » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:16 am

I'm currently using the AMS copay assistance program. If you want more information check out the post I posted a few months back: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5214

Nick
AMS 700 LGX. Edward Karpman, California. 02/2015

rglassva

Postby rglassva » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:37 pm

AMS funding - unfortunately I didn't qualify for the grant portion but to have them pay and me make monthly payments to them. . . I'll take it.
So Nick, how did your procedure go? When was it? Enjoying the LGX?
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

NickNickNick

Postby NickNickNick » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:55 pm

rglassva wrote:AMS funding - unfortunately I didn't qualify for the grant portion but to have them pay and me make monthly payments to them. . . I'll take it.
So Nick, how did your procedure go? When was it? Enjoying the LGX?

Glad you're taking advantage of the 0% interest for 24 months rglassva. It's better than nothing.

Other than some delayed ejaculation issues it's been going really great so far. We're both loving it. I'm actually in Doctor Karpman's office right now because I have a cogenital downward curvature that he's going to fix for me. We'll see how that goes...
Nick
AMS 700 LGX. Edward Karpman, California. 02/2015

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:34 pm

Glad you could take advantage of their assistance program. You are the second person I've heard that got help. I did not qualify because it is against the law in Missouri. Some wise ass thinks patient assistance programs are like kick backs or bribes. They suggested I reapply if I ever establish residency in one of the 47 states that allow patient assistance. Odd thing is pharmacies accept patient assistance cards all the time. My pharmacist thought it was very odd. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:17 pm

rglassva wrote:So I have an appointment scheduled Dr. Kramer in Baltimore on June 9 - basically a consultation at this point - but if I like what he says it will likely lead to an appointment for an implant in late summer. I've been seeing a men's sexual health urologist here in Richmond for a couple of years but with no great success - trimix, xiaflex injections (for peyronies plaque), pills, basically nothing is working. My doc here has talked about an implant and is pretty keen on the Coloplast Titan (although based on who normally would gets those, I certainly don't qualify). AMS (maker of the LGX) is presently offering some payment assistance through mid-September and since my insurance won't cover any part of the procedure, I'm pretty interested in taking advantage of any assistance I can get my hands on. In addition, the thought of ANY length or girth expansion that the LGX might offer is especially appealing. I'm sure my doc here could do a fine job but I've heard lots of great things about Kramer so I thought I'd at least get a second opinion. BTW, I sent Dr. K an e-mail a couple of weeks ago - his address is on his website - lo and behold he answered within 30 minutes - and I'm not even a patient of his - yet! Pretty darn cool! Will keep everyone updated along the way - any questions you think I should ask Dr. K - please forward them my way. Stay tuned!

Like you Dr Kramer contacted me before I was a patient in followup to my email. He emailed me once I was home after surgery a couple of times once when I hadnt emailed him in a week to be sure I was OK. My results from my surgery with him April 29 were great with minimal pain and swelling. Using it for a few weeks now and better than it has ever been since adolescence. Smart move to see him. Because of the long trip I actually met him the first time the day of the surgery which isnt ideal but saved me time off and two trips down. Great guy and one of the great surgeons. Good luck.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

eisenhower

Postby eisenhower » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:01 pm

Could you elaborate on your Peyronie's plaques and experience with Xiaflex? Do you have bending, indentations, waisting, or what, exactly - and how did Xiaflex work for you?

Thanks,
eisenhower

rglassva

Postby rglassva » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:46 pm

My uro described my peyronies as "bottleneck" - more around the shaft than on one side or other - no obvious bend but then again, have never had an erection hard enough to know if there would be one or not. 4 rounds of 2 injections, over the course of about 5 months. Main difference I notice is that the little guy is more "pliable" or as I say "bendy" - maybe some very slight improvement with erections (I use trimix) but very slight - still too much venous leakage. Doc says whether it helps that or not would definitely allow for a better implant experience without the plaque getting in the way of the cylinders that would go in. Off to see Dr. Kramer tomorrow - update to follow.
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:02 pm

Best of luck with the doc! Thanks for sharing about the injections. I have wondered how the plaque would affect an implant. From the prostatectomy to about 1 year out, the left side of my penis and glans stayed blue just like when you put a rubber band around a finger and cut off blood. The right side was not blue. Doc said that is not possible but I'm " well here it is. Then he walks out of the room and never came back. never came in the room next visit either so we left after 4 hours waiting in the exam room. When I inject i get a left bend and hour glass shape on the left. When I pump, at first it hour glasses and bends left so I always grease it so it does not get stuck sideways binding to the left in the tube. If I don't lube it , it will bend tight enough left that it will fold it as it grows. no fun. With increased pressure and about 10 minutes time it straightens out and the hour glass goes away. I assume it is stretching the scar tissue from lack of blood flow. Last year I thought about asking about the plaque injections but figured insurance would not pay for it so didn't ask. I understand they are quite expensive. Can you share more about the injections? At one time Dr. Kibel told me my penis was very "supple". Now it has more the feel of my ears like it is tough tissue inside. Thanks bud. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Return to “Implants”