What to tell my employer & colleagues re the time off work?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
3rd-Nut

Re: What to tell my employer & colleagues re the time off work?

Postby 3rd-Nut » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:24 pm

I would get one that is firm.
PC 2006, AMS 700 LGX implanted 18+3, 2012, Dr. Paolone in Madison, WI- Married 47 yrs.

3rd-Nut

Postby 3rd-Nut » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:45 pm

I would get a firm one, well...... if you get one now that fits you loose, that would probably be the right size, since you will swell into it. I would also get some baggy jogging shorts to lounge around in, at least something that gives you lots of room in the crotch.
I went from the hospital to a hotel room for a day before my flight back home, so I don't remember. I took Oxycodone for pain and was nauseous. I figured out the Oxy was making me sick (nauseous and vomiting) so I just used Tylenol after the second day. I used the jock starting about the 4th day, after I got home, until it felt better. I did not have a lot bruising and swelling. I think it was from the Doc's gentle technic.
PC 2006, AMS 700 LGX implanted 18+3, 2012, Dr. Paolone in Madison, WI- Married 47 yrs.

zac white

Postby zac white » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:20 am

What is more comfortable for the first few days post op, a firm jock or free balling it? Does it make a big difference re the pain factor.
With only 3 sleeps to the big day both excited and nervous
Zac
47, Type 2 Diabetes, AMS 700 LGX - Brother since Oct 2014, Australia

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:53 am

zac white wrote:What is more comfortable for the first few days post op, a firm jock or free balling it? Does it make a big difference re the pain factor.
With only 3 sleeps to the big day both excited and nervous
Zac

I can't speak for others, but I was not comfortable without some support. I wore a jock for the first couple of days, and then briefs. All I needed for pain control was acetaminophen (Tylenol) and ice packs.

Best of luck to you - you'll be feeling fine in a few days and back in business in a few weeks.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

3rd-Nut

Postby 3rd-Nut » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:32 pm

dg-moore

Yes to that.

zac white

Postby zac white » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:08 am

So thankful that we used the hernia as the reason for the surgery has sure saved our privacy as to why I have been in hospital and now in recovery. It would have been impossible to keep our privacy if we did not have a good reason for me being out of action for a period of time and the hernia allows for a very sensitivity crutch and an acceptance of not lifting etc for the next 6 weeks. I think I believe it myself now.

dradamas

Postby dradamas » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:26 pm

I was going to use the hernia alibi too.. (actually to repair a hernited umbilicus). I have had it for sometime and have even mentioned it to my co workers ( as you do). My plan was to coordinate both surgeries as closely as possible. Dr Karpman said: "hmm…no, not a good idea." So that was that. I decided to get some laser resurfacing on my face done instead, two days after the implant. The kind where you look like Frankenstein for a week or so. lol. So now when I get back to work. I can use this excuse. Not that it really matters of course. You can always say: "none of your business" :P . But since I was playing up herniated belly button repair and then stopped talking about it suddenly I needed to throw up some kind of smoke. We'll see how it goes.
Nov 2014 AMS 700 LGX 18cm+3RTE Length gain 0.5 cm
Nov 2019 AMS 700 CX
Edward Karpman Both
Last follow up Apr 2021

zac white

Postby zac white » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:24 am

Hi Dradamas
Hope the recovery is coming along well for both procedures as for maintaining your privacy its best to go with what ever you feel most comfortable with. Have to say the hernia worked a treat for me, only mentioned a hernia, surgery in the crutch and no more was said! If for protection purposes in the crutch area you could always say that you got hit in the nuts with a ball no one will question that!
Good luck Mate

dradamas

Postby dradamas » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:55 am

Zac,
Thanks. Aside from perhaps little larger bulge in my pants I don't anticipate needing any special accommodation. I won't wear boxer shorts of course, only briefs. My only concern is the tendency to reinflate after emptying the cylinders even though I am squeezing my penis shaft. Anyway I still one follow up visit before I head back. Thanks again.
Nov 2014 AMS 700 LGX 18cm+3RTE Length gain 0.5 cm
Nov 2019 AMS 700 CX
Edward Karpman Both
Last follow up Apr 2021

zac white

Postby zac white » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:56 pm

Dradamas old Mate there is not problem with a little extra bulge in fact it's very much in fashion with the slim pants so stand proud with the knowledge that you have a heap more wood when you need it and for as long as you like!
As for the reinflate I have been pumping daily for the past 3 weeks and no reinflate after a good squeeze of the boy, don't be too concerned, think pos!
Have a great trip back to the family
Cheers
Zac

Return to “Implants”