How long from visit to surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
AccidentMike

How long from visit to surgery

Postby AccidentMike » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:46 am

I think this board and discussion forum is a great source of knowledge to investigate and make an informed discussion about such an important topic. Thank you to all the honest and straightforward replies. I have searched some topics about doctors, recovery, performance, tips and tricks. I have made the leap and made an appointment with Dr. Andrew Kramer. I would welcome any and all input, advice, or “if i had it to do over again, I would...." tips as I start my journey.

There is one question I do have, what was the typical timeline from initial office visit to surgery, to "activation of implant"?

Mike

dg_moore

Re: How long from visit to surgery

Postby dg_moore » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:48 pm

Andrew Kramer did my implant in 2008. Once I finally decided to go ahead, the lead time between decision and surgery date was about 3 weeks as I recall. Before surgery you will have to see your PCP for a physical and labs, etc., and insurance has to be verified. So enough time has to be allowed for that. The time between surgery and activation for me was about 10 weeks - but everybody is different: some take more time to heal and some less.

Good luck to you - I know your experience with Dr. Kramer will be positive.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

dradamas

Re: How long from visit to surgery

Postby dradamas » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:54 pm

Hi Accident Mike,
I am still early in the journey, as are you. I had my initial appointment with Dr Karpman on September 15th. I am scheduled for surgery the second week of November. I probably could have arranged it sooner, but I need that much time to make travel arrangements, get time off work etc.
Nov 2014 AMS 700 LGX 18cm+3RTE Length gain 0.5 cm
Nov 2019 AMS 700 CX
Edward Karpman Both
Last follow up Apr 2021

Return to “Implants”