What to tell my employer & colleagues re the time off work?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
zac white

What to tell my employer & colleagues re the time off work?

Postby zac white » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:29 pm

Hi Guys I am new to the site my name is Zac I am booked for surgery Oct 2014 in Australia, Like you I have checked out every thing I could in making my decision I have a great surgeon that is highly recommended and is easy to talk to. My wife & I have spent time with his assisting nurse and had everything explained and demonstrated and now its just the waiting game. I still get movement in the glans and a semi stiff but not sufficient for intercourse, I am still concerned about loosing the feeling that I have but have to remind myself that even though I have tried medications (all types) & injections for the past 2 years we can enjoy sex but the frustration and mind games of not being able to penetrate and have fulfilling intercourse still plays havoc with my brain. I know I am raving on but I suppose I am still trying to accept that this is what I need to do so that we can have a long and happy sex life. So getting on with things could you let me know what you told your employers etc. what you were having done that would take you out of the action for a couple of weeks or more, don't know that they need to know everything. I was thinking of telling them that I was having a hernia op what do you think? I know its not a major issue but still an issue. Mostly I just wanted to make a start on the site, you guys with your posts has helped a heap in getting me to this stage. Thanks for your honesty and also the humour when needed.
Cheers Zac :?:
Last edited by zac white on Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
47, Type 2 Diabetes, AMS 700 LGX - Brother since Oct 2014, Australia

Huffy1

Re: What to tell my employer & colleagues re the time off work?

Postby Huffy1 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:13 pm

I took 6 days off work and told my coworkers that I was visiting family in another state. I actually did stay with family, and told them I'd had hernia surgery. I was fine to go back to work after a week, and I'm on my feet quite a bit at my job.

proactive

Postby proactive » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:56 pm

Hernia... Thats what I told everyone. I said it took me a while to recover from the one I had when I was in my 20s so I am going to take my time coming back. I took 20 calender days off. That was just about right for me. I could have gone back sooner if I had been deflated earlier. Once that happened I was good to go, although slowly. It was uncomfortable as hell before my visit back to Dr. Kramer. Shaft wanted freedom and the triplets wanted support. No way to be comfortable for me. 10 min after he deflated me all the way my wife and I walked 2 or 3 miles around Baltimore without any discomfort.
50 yr old. 21cm Titan implanted on June 20th 2013

spotya

Postby spotya » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:57 pm

Hernia, is what I told my employer. No questions asked except how I was doing. I work construction and was back to work in less than two weeks. I was a little bit tender but was ok. My doctor said that would be a good comparison for this surgery. Nobody wants to see that scar. :) I wore a tight jock strap to hold everything in place. Jock strap was more comfortable for me worn over my briefs. Good luck.
55 years old, ED for 10 years from diabetes. tried pills, injections, and pumps.
Implanted by Dr. Douglas Miliam on June 5th 2014 Thank God, should have done
it sooner.

zac white

Postby zac white » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:19 pm

Thanks Guys really appreciate your support
58 days to op, decision is made but still lots going on in the head but reading your experiences sure helps
must admit a few of the experiences scare the fucking shit out of me but I'll stick with the positive view.
Zac

Charlie999

Postby Charlie999 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:05 pm

Keep a positive outlook, Zac. I am 7 weeks post op now. Dr. Perito of Coral Gables, Fl. did mine. He has performed over 6000 implants. I had very little pain, and all went very smooth. Dr. P. gives you his personal cell phone, and invites you to call him anytime you might have a concern. Based on my own personal experience, I would highly recommend him. He activated me 4 weeks post op, and I was having a problem with the deflate, as most people seem to do. Dr. P. personally taught me how, and no more problem. Good luck to you. Hope all goes well.

Blessings,

Charlie
85 married 36 yrs. implanted by Dr. Paul Perito June 14. Complete revision by Dr. Ralphael Carrion May 17 because of leaking Coloplast.

sinestra

Postby sinestra » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:18 pm

Interesting question - normally I'm very private about personal matters, but in this case I decided to go "full disclosure." I'm an ER RN, so all of my coworkers are either docs, nurses or techs. When I was diagnosed with prostate cancer, I managed to tell no one except my boss until I took a medical leave for surgery. Right before I left I told a few individuals with the instructions that it was ok to tell everyone while I was out. I wouldn't know the extent of my cancer until the final post-op pathology report - it was hard enough working without the added stress of pity...

By the time I got my implant 2 years after surgery, I was completely comfortable talking about it. I really felt like it was important to educate people, and I was in the perfect environment to do so. I have since become the primary resource for all implant emergencies. The first time I did an emergency deflation I was happy I had told my coworkers - it would have taken the urology resident hours to come for the consult, and he or she may or may not have experience with the device. I took the guy into the part of the triage room where we do EKG's and in 5 minutes had not only deflated the implant but also taught him how to do it himself.
62, Prostate Cancer survivor, Coloplast Titan 24cm Implanted by Dr. Eid 4/15/2014. Details here: https://bit.ly/2MjuvgE
Revision 8/28/2018 by Dr. Eid

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:20 pm

sinestra wrote:Interesting question - normally I'm very private about personal matters, but in this case I decided to go "full disclosure." I'm an ER RN, so all of my coworkers are either docs, nurses or techs. When I was diagnosed with prostate cancer, I managed to tell no one except my boss until I took a medical leave for surgery. Right before I left I told a few individuals with the instructions that it was ok to tell everyone while I was out. I wouldn't know the extent of my cancer until the final post-op pathology report - it was hard enough working without the added stress of pity...

By the time I got my implant 2 years after surgery, I was completely comfortable talking about it. I really felt like it was important to educate people, and I was in the perfect environment to do so. I have since become the primary resource for all implant emergencies. The first time I did an emergency deflation I was happy I had told my coworkers - it would have taken the urology resident hours to come for the consult, and he or she may or may not have experience with the device. I took the guy into the part of the triage room where we do EKG's and in 5 minutes had not only deflated the implant but also taught him how to do it himself.

By the same token, there's no need to disclose anything to anybody about your procedure - it's none of their business. I told my manager that I was going to be out for a couple of weeks for a surgical procedure, and that was it. No questions were asked, and no details were offered. One person did ask me, and I said I was having a minor plumbing repair - nothing further was asked. But when I had open heart surgery I provided full disclosure, since I was out for 4 months for that one.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

zac white

Postby zac white » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:10 am

Hi Guys
Really appreciate your comments and support
With the experiences from you guys and the knowledge and assurance from my doctor I am feeling more on line for the surgery not to say that I don't sill get a little freaked out thinking how permanent it is if it all fucks up but I am a positive guy and the odds really are in our favour.
My ED is a result of Diabetes 2 over the past 10 years, the Diabetes is controlled and I live a very normal & active life except over the time I have talked myself out of sex rather than not performing. My wife is a sensational person who has never put any pressure on me and for a long time we have just avoided the issue I cant believe looking back just how loving and patient she has been. Two years ago we were on holidays on a very romantic island in Thailand and the thought and need for sex really showed itself (my wife said it must have been something in the water) any way regardless as to whether I could perform or not we spent our afternoons in our hotel room having FUN for the first time in so long I only wanted to please my wife and in doing so I was having a ball and so was she. I had forgotten just how many ways you can please a woman, maybe I was just afraid to try in case it required me to do more, how Fucked up our minds can get!!!!!! She was concerned that I was not getting my rocks off but for the first time in years it was not the issue I was having a great time giving pleasure to someone that I love and I really didn't give a fuck that I couldn't go all the way. Over the years I had tried the blue, yellow & orange wonder pills and they did do a part job of giving me a semi hard dick but not enough to finish the act so I would just drop the issue again.With our new found libido we went out and bought a few boxes of the Blue ones (in Thailand you can buy them over the counter)
They sure helped in giving the appearance of a good looking dick in a firm state but still not enough wood so we used them up and just had fun but it made me determined to see the doc re injections on our return. The injections also gave the look of a very handsome penis but not hard enough for penetration ( the needles were fine but it sure was painful for a few hours after, I had to keep squeezing the old boy to relieve the pain, didn't look so good while we out to dinner etc, made my wife laugh ha! ha! and that brings us to now and the surgery booked for October 7 I had never thought of having an implant (a bionic as many of you refer to or our wood on demand) but since that holiday I have been determined that we will get back to full sexual love and heaps and heaps of fucking!!! I have to say that you guys are giving me a heap to hold onto as we wait for the 7th. and the few weeks after until we get to go all the way. The pre sessions with the Doc and his Assistant have gone well and what ever questions that have not come up and been answered and demonstrated by the Doc are being answered by all of you. I though the Brotherhood was a bit much at first but have to say I am feeling it and very appreciative of it.
I have chosen to go with the Hernia we don't think it is any ones business but ours but I have to say that I think in Sinestra's case he did a Top thing in making himself openly available, in his situation he has already given a service that would have been greatly appreciated. Here's to you Mate well done!
Cheers
Zac (the Aussie Boy)
Not sure if many Aussie"s are on the site?????? Am I the only transplant dowunder?

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:59 am

zac white wrote:Not sure if many Aussie"s are on the site?????? Am I the only transplant dowunder?

You're by no means the only Aussie on FT, plus a couple of Kiwi's as well. I don't recall any of their implant status, though.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Return to “Implants”