Ultracet helps

One out of Three men in America suffer with PE. It's the largest sexual dysfunction there is. Since there is no discussion board dedicated to PE so far, we will try to fill the need here!
BrooksBro

Ultracet helps

Postby BrooksBro » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:00 pm

I am an endurance athlete who was having enough pain that it kept me from running. One of my training group is a pharmacist. She suggested Tramadol. When I asked my doc about it, he said he prefers Ultracet, which includes Tylenol. He explained Tramadol blocks the same pain receptors in the brain as the narcotic medications, but it is non-narcotic and has considerably less dependency risk. I found just one was enough to keep me going the days after my long runs. When I was taking it, I noticed I lasted longer when having sex with my wife. Sometimes even had to work at having an orgasm.

I mentioned Ultracet to the PA at my urologists office. He said the MD there prescribes that for PE. I was reminded of my own experience.

Here is one study:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16415702

PURPOSE:

To evaluate the efficacy and safety of a new serotonergic centrally acting drug tramadol in delaying ejaculation in patients with premature ejaculation.

MATERIALS AND METHODS:
Sixty-four potent men with premature ejaculation were randomly assigned to receive 50 mg tramadol (group 1, n = 32) or placebo (group 2, n = 32) approximately 2 hours before planned sexual activity, for 8 weeks. Pretreatment evaluation included history and physical examination, intravaginal ejaculatory latency time, International Index of Erectile Function, and Meares-Stamey test. The efficacy of 2 treatments was assessed using responses to International Index of Erectile Function, intravaginal ejaculatory latency time evaluation, and several general assessment questions.

RESULTS:
Fifty-seven (89%) completed the whole treatment schedule. The mean intravaginal ejaculatory latency time after tramadol and placebo increased from 19 and 21 seconds to approximately 243 and 34 seconds, respectively (P < 0.001). The mean weekly intercourse episodes increased from pretreatment values of 1.07 and 1.1 to 2.3 and 1.3, for tramadol and placebo, respectively (P < 0.05). Baseline mean intercourse satisfaction domain values of International Index of Erectile Function 10 and 11 reached to 14 and 10 at 8-week treatment in groups 1 and 2, respectively (P < 0.05). There was no withdrawal caused by adverse effects with tramadol or placebo, but more adverse events were associated with tramadol treatment (P < 0.05).

CONCLUSIONS:
Tramadol seems to provide significantly better results in terms of intravaginal ejaculatory latency time and intercourse satisfaction versus placebo. Further studies are required to draw final conclusions on the efficacy of this drug in premature ejaculation.
Age 59, married 24 years, ED 7 years, Peyronies 3 years with venous leakage. Dr. Larry Lipshultz, Baylor, Houston TX.

3mtrship

Re: Ultracet helps

Postby 3mtrship » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:35 pm

This is indeed good news. Do you have any idea if further studies are presently planned, when and by whom?

Jim S.

Dogmeat

Re: Ultracet helps

Postby Dogmeat » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:15 am

Theres a huge amount of info regarding tramadol for PE on the internet.
Thing is, once the info filters back to big pharma, $$$ will be the only concern.
You can't "re-release" a drug, so they'll want to alter it slightly and then cash in.

Tram appears to be the most effective medical treatment of PE I've found.

Viggo55

Re: TRAMADOL

Postby Viggo55 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:37 pm

I have no experience with PE and Tramadol. But I was taking the pain med for my back pain. Now it is a tricky med to get approved. Both Tramadol and Ultracet did a number on my stomach. We are each different, of course. So, it makes me sick.
74 year-old white male. BMI = 37.5, obese, ED due to physical condition; arthritic; medications for hypertension, sleep apnea; sedentary. No pills worked. Tri-mix used; pumps help. No sexual intercourse in past three years. "Hand-work now."

Viggo55

RE: Tramadol and Afghan-Land

Postby Viggo55 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:39 pm

My Army son was ready to go on a second tour in Afghan-Land. The docs said no because he was taking a pain med called Tramadol.

HOW TRAMADOL SAVED MY SON'S LIFE!!!!

I JUST HAD TO WRITE THIS, TO SHARE THIS!
74 year-old white male. BMI = 37.5, obese, ED due to physical condition; arthritic; medications for hypertension, sleep apnea; sedentary. No pills worked. Tri-mix used; pumps help. No sexual intercourse in past three years. "Hand-work now."

Return to “Premature Ejaculation”